Jimmy Garapolo Is The Next Joe Montana

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
I wouldn’t write the kid off this early. Goff has similar stats against the Vikings too last year and he turned out alright lol.

Minnesota is no joke.

Uh I suppose you’re right...if you take away 3 picks including a pick 6 G-String threw today

Goff had a way better completion % - more completions, more yards

Agree with not writing him off tho, way premature

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
The weather in Minnesota was better today than most areas of the country and James "Jimmy" Richard Garoppolo does not walk on water as today the Minnesota Vikings were my Second Favorite team. Next week my second favorite team will be the Detroit Lions.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I wouldn’t write the kid off this early. Goff has similar stats against the Vikings too last year and he turned out alright lol.

Minnesota is no joke.

Reality check is that Garoppolo has always been turnover-prone. It's in his QB DNA. In college he threw 118 INTs over four seasons, to include FIFTY THREE in one season. Then he had 5 INTs in limited action last year before SF threw money at him.

Writing him off after one game isn't what it's about. It's seeing the dude for who he is. IMO.

Oh and btw...

SF played a pretty good game considering @ Minnesota in the opener. They opened good holes vs that defense in the run game but were sunk by the pick six and the final INT to end the game. Showed some good team chemistry staying in that one.

While we're on NFC West rivals, the Shehawks are doomed this year. Keenum threw 3 INTs and they still couldn't beat a juggernaut Denver team... :p

LA_vision

Hall of Fame
Their talent on offense is pretty poor though, especially after the McKinnon injury. I'm still not thrilled this guy is going to be in this division for some time.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Reality check is that Garoppolo has always been turnover-prone. It's in his QB DNA. In college he threw 118 INTs over four seasons, to include FIFTY THREE in one season. Then he had 5 INTs in limited action last year before SF threw money at him.

Writing him off after one game isn't what it's about. It's seeing the dude for who he is. IMO.

Oh and btw...

SF played a pretty good game considering @ Minnesota in the opener. They opened good holes vs that defense in the run game but were sunk by the pick six and the final INT to end the game. Showed some good team chemistry staying in that one.

While we're on NFC West rivals, the Shehawks are doomed this year. Keenum threw 3 INTs and they still couldn't beat a juggernaut Denver team... :p
Like Big Ben says Merlin, you can't win throwing 3 INTS, no matter how good he rest of the team did..

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Like Big Ben says Merlin, you can't win throwing 3 INTS, no matter how good he rest of the team did..

Unless you're playin the 2018 Shehawks... :rolllaugh:

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Their talent on offense is pretty poor though, especially after the McKinnon injury. I'm still not thrilled this guy is going to be in this division for some time.

Agreed. But their offensive coaching and gameplanning is so good that it helps to make up for that a bit.

Oh and that TE Kittle looked outstanding today. He's gonna give our defense problems.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
Reality check is that Garoppolo has always been turnover-prone. It's in his QB DNA.... It's seeing the dude for who he is. IMO.

Oh and btw...

Shanny is a great play designer...that will be an issue.

Grabmypole is gonna throw some picks to our D while he’s running for his life.

bluecoconuts

Legend
I said it after watching him last year, I'll say it again.

Meh.

NFL pundits will continue to hype him for a season or two before they realize he's just an average guy with average QB play.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I was on a 49ers board, and there were comparisons to Favre - "he gambled a lot and threw a lot of interceptions too". The problem is, Favre had a very strong arm, and while he'd gamble and throw 20 interceptions a season, a lot of his gambles led to TDs or at least big gains, much more often than they led to turnovers. But hopefully SF will stay happy with him for a little while, as he looks good at times but keeps on throwing the ball away.

leoram

LA/St Louis/LA fan
The Whiners lack playmakers on offense and that makes Jimmy look bad when he tries to do too much. He made several accurate throws and Shanny called a very good game. He really knows how to use the tight end position to bind the defense. The 9’er defense was far better than I expected. They fought well and lost to an excellent team.

But that pick six made me smile. Peters and Talib are licking their chops.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer

Minnesota is no joke.

I'm not gonna "write him on" (is that a thing?) either.

Nope sorry. When you beat teams with 4 wins or less, or those that are resting all their starters, I'm not gonna appoint him as some savior. Dude is overrated and overhyped.

I'm really interested to see the narrative on him this week. Jared Goff would be destroyed. Jimmy Garawhatever will get passes (but they might be intercepted).

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
I'm really interested to see the narrative on him this week. Jared Goff would be destroyed. Jimmy Garawhatever will get passes (but they might be intercepted).

It’s time for a walk-back on Jimmy Cornholio

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
You give credit where credit is due...I'm no Niner fan...but Jimmy G is a nice QB. I expected to see him come down to earth after some real film was out there on him. He's no Montana by any stretch...but he's young and can definitely get better.

He went up against a staunch Vikings defense...and they gave him problems. Let's not forget what they say:

THAT WHY YOU PLAY THE GAME!!!!

I think Jimmy Crapola is a decent QB, but I was sick of seeing "experts" say they doubt that Goff is for real because he had one bad season (Fisher) and one good season (McVay). Somehow Crapola was anointed as "the man" because the 0-9 whiners finished 6-10 and dont' even count the game where the Rams sat their starters.

Jimmy Crapola will find that that the Rams starters are better than the practice squad players we started against them last time.

I have a kool aid drinking whiners friend who told me that they would have won that last game of the season last year because the whiners won by 21 and the Rams starters wuldn't have been able to make up the difference.