Jim Thomas Talks Rams Mini-Camp, WR's, DB's, Hard Knocks

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
I don't either. But I do anticipate Britt being in the mix to earn a starting spot.

I don't foresee Pettis starting at all. Pettis likely rounds out the bottom of the depth chart.

Pettis started last year and nobody expected it. With this receiver corps I think expecting the unexpected would be wise play

Sum1

Hall of Fame
Pettis started last year and nobody expected it. With this receiver corps I think expecting the unexpected would be wise play
Yeah, that was because Pettis looked good in camp then proved ineffective in that role as the season went on. He then was passed by others. I don't foresee the Rams regressing in that aspect.

lockdnram21

Legend
He's got more talent in one pinky than Givens/Pettis and Quick combined. And Britt IS Snishers answer as to why they out smarted everyone by not drafting a good wr.

you are going to be proved wrong. So negative don't even give them a chance. Smh

lockdnram21

Legend
He's got more talent in one pinky than Givens/Pettis and Quick combined. And Britt IS Snishers answer as to why they out smarted everyone by not drafting a good wr.

Talent isn't the problem its consistency.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
I don't think the talent gap between Britt and Quick is as wide as you think.

None of Quick's struggles has been because of talent.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
The show is named The Morning After (TMA). They have been on the air for at least 10 years and actually are quite popular.

They've made it a success by their grab-ass/man talk style. Yes, it can get very tiresome if you just want straight sports talk because they very frequently go off into tangents. I find myself changing the station often when something of interest has happened in the sports world. However, when it's just a normal day they can be pretty entertaining.

One reason why they are on the air...the owner of the station is one of the hosts. But don't let the BS part of their show fool you, they are actually really good interviewers when they want to be serious.

It isn't my favorite sports show...but it isn't my least favorite either.
Thanks for the insight. A lot of talk type shows are that way. If you don't know the shtick, you are left wondering WTF until you listen a few times.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
How do you know that? For all you know, they picked up Britt because they knew in advance they wouldn't have Stedman for 4 weeks.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
The show is named The Morning After (TMA). They have been on the air for at least 10 years and actually are quite popular.

They've made it a success by their grab-ass/man talk style. Yes, it can get very tiresome if you just want straight sports talk because they very frequently go off into tangents. I find myself changing the station often when something of interest has happened in the sports world. However, when it's just a normal day they can be pretty entertaining.

One reason why they are on the air...the owner of the station is one of the hosts. But don't let the BS part of their show fool you, they are actually really good interviewers when they want to be serious.

It isn't my favorite sports show...but it isn't my least favorite either.

Right. I really like listening to The Morning After. It's total grab ass but it's entertaining for the morning. I love the banter and they definitely don't take themselves seriously. It's definitely for a niche crowd that's followed them around.

Personally, I get sick and tired of radio stations plugging in ex-athletes for commentary on every sport when it's obvious they did an internet search the night before and are just re-hashing what they read. I read it too. How about a fresh take? Ever heard Chris Duncan try to talk anything other than baseball? Same goes for D'marco Farr, although he has a decent knowledge of basketball.

RFIP

How do you know that? For all you know, they picked up Britt because they knew in advance they wouldn't have Stedman for 4 weeks.

Yes because every other ex-Titan was picked up by Fisher and utilized that way. <insert sarcasm here>

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Yes because every other ex-Titan was picked up by Fisher and utilized that way. <insert sarcasm here>
So, you *don't* know that then. That's all I was trying to say.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I dunno man. I'm getting the sneaking suspicion that you don't think much of our receivers. I could be wrong but it's just this feeling I get. I'm usually pretty quick on the uptake but here I'm just not sure. Maybe if you made a few more posts clarifying your position on how fucked up our regime is when it comes to evaluating and drafting receiver talent. Y'know - cuz it's not getting old in the slightest and I'm sure no one knows how you feel on this one subject.

rdw

Pro Bowler
I dunno man. I'm getting the sneaking suspicion that you don't think much of our receivers. I could be wrong but it's just this feeling I get. I'm usually pretty quick on the uptake but here I'm just not sure. Maybe if you made a few more posts clarifying your position on how fucked up our regime is when it comes to evaluating and drafting receiver talent. Y'know - cuz it's not getting old in the slightest and I'm sure no one knows how you feel on this one subject.
jtGR3GK.jpg

wrstdude

Rookie
TMA is the best radio in Stl. Love it. They're intentionally "stupid" & it plays.

Farr is unlistenable. Can't stand the guffawing and constant non sequiturs. Farr is in a perpetual concussed state.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
To be fair, dude, I don't think drafting Robinson was a case of "out smarting everyone". Most everyone not in Rams fandom had the Rams going with Robinson.

And you know I also felt #1 WR was a need point. I personally just think they felt Robinson was BPA, and by the time they picked again, both Watkins and Evans were already gone, and our current crop was already better than what was left.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Isn't it a pretty safe assumption that Britt was brought in once Fisher and company became aware that Bailey was going to eventually serve a suspension?
This was my thought anyway. I guess i'm just not buying into the idea that Britt was brought in with the idea that he was a sure-fire upgrade at WR.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
Isn't it a pretty safe assumption that Britt was brought in once Fisher and company became aware that Bailey was going to eventually serve a suspension?
This was my thought anyway. I guess i'm just not buying into the idea that Britt was brought in with the idea that he was a sure-fire upgrade at WR.
That is definitely a good point.

There is really only one thing that I think is certain with our corps...Tavon Austin will be a starter in some capacity.

RFIP

To be fair, dude, I don't think drafting Robinson was a case of "out smarting everyone". Most everyone not in Rams fandom had the Rams going with Robinson.

And you know I also felt #1 WR was a need point. I personally just think they felt Robinson was BPA, and by the time they picked again, both Watkins and Evans were already gone, and our current crop was already better than what was left.

You had me until your very last sentence.

I think our current crop is poor with only Austin and Bailey (if he can stay drug free) as potentially good players.

It would not shock me in the least if the other 3 are out of football all together in two years a la Gilyard and Salas.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
You had me until your very last sentence.

I think our current crop is poor with only Austin and Bailey (if he can stay drug free) as potentially good players.

It would not shock me in the least if the other 3 are out of football all together in two years a la Gilyard and Salas.
I guess that's where we disagree. I thought we needed a #1, but that would have turned our current guys awesome.

Quick's the only one I really worry won't come to anything. Givens just needs to return to form. Pettis is Pettis.