Jim Thomas Talks Rams Mini-Camp, WR's, DB's, Hard Knocks

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
Jim Thomas joined Tim McKernan, Doug Vaughn and Jim “The Cat” Hayes on CBS Sports Radio 920. JT talks about how not much stood out from the rookie workouts…the media only got to watch 1 day of drills. JT gives his thoughts on the over/under listed for the Rams projected wins. Will any of the receivers on the roster really break out? Givens appears to have matured, but he still has to show it on the field. JT thinks Austin should be much improved this year. They discuss the postponement of the Michael Sam docu-series, all the deals that Sam and his agents got even without the TV deal coming to fruition. The Rams have a very young secondary…they have 71 total starts among the DB’s. Waufle really likes new DT Alex Carrington.

Listen to Jim Thomas Talks Rams

JT Starts at 11:30

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
This is completely unlistenable until JT gets on there. Over eleven minutes of wasted air space. Unless you want to hear useless crap about seeing Pat Bennitar (sp?) and Wayne Newton, just skip it.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
This is completely unlistenable until JT gets on there. Over eleven minutes of wasted air space. Unless you want to hear useless crap about seeing Pat Bennitar (sp?) and Wayne Newton, just skip it.
Unfamiliar with TMA I take it?

RamBill

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Right below the link is this:

JT Starts at 11:30

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
I know, jesus christ, what a waste of the public airways. We gave these guys a license to produce this kind of noise? Nepotism to the max.

RFIP

JT didn't seem too impressed - or is that just me thats hearing that??

No that is most everyone outside of Snisher....so we shall see.

As Ricky Ricardo famously said; if the wr's shit the bed yet again Snisher is going to have some "splannin" to do.

Unthinkable that they did not draft ANY of the top wr talent last month....when your STARTING wr's are Givens and Pettis. :censored:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
As Ricky Ricardo famously said; if the wr's crap the bed yet again Snisher is going to have some "splannin" to do.
That's just silly. None of these wide receivers were even born when Ricky was alive. :p

Memphis Ram

Legend
JT didn't seem too impressed - or is that just me thats hearing that??

Jim Thomas was on Sirius NFL Radio this Sunday and the host went on and on basically stating how the Rams were fine at WR with the young developing talent already on the roster. I expected Jim Thomas to challenge him on that view given his apparent feeling otherwise, but he didn't.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
No - I got that. Just how these guys get a show is beyond me really.
The show is named The Morning After (TMA). They have been on the air for at least 10 years and actually are quite popular.

They've made it a success by their grab-ass/man talk style. Yes, it can get very tiresome if you just want straight sports talk because they very frequently go off into tangents. I find myself changing the station often when something of interest has happened in the sports world. However, when it's just a normal day they can be pretty entertaining.

One reason why they are on the air...the owner of the station is one of the hosts. But don't let the BS part of their show fool you, they are actually really good interviewers when they want to be serious.

It isn't my favorite sports show...but it isn't my least favorite either.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
No that is most everyone outside of Snisher....so we shall see.

As Ricky Ricardo famously said; if the wr's crap the bed yet again Snisher is going to have some "splannin" to do.

Unthinkable that they did not draft ANY of the top wr talent last month....when your STARTING wr's are Givens and Pettis. :censored:

I'm not so sure they are the starters.

PhxRam

I concur, Britt WILL BE. A starter come hell or high water. Fisher will see to that or Britt will be an unbearable distraction.

I guess I dont buy into the idea that Fisher would sacrifice team success just because he has a familiarity with someone.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
I guess I dont buy into the idea that Fisher would sacrifice team success just because he has a familiarity with someone.
I don't either. But I do anticipate Britt being in the mix to earn a starting spot.

I don't foresee Pettis starting at all. Pettis likely rounds out the bottom of the depth chart.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
That is because you are not an idiot my friend.

RFIP

He's got more talent in one pinky than Givens/Pettis and Quick combined. And Britt IS Snishers answer as to why they out smarted everyone by not drafting a good wr.