Jim Everett On Sam Bradford

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RFIP

(from another board)
There is an absolutely huge bias here. I am one of the biggest Sam fans on the planet. He has all the tools a GM would wish for to be very successful NFL QB.

With that said, we are not talking about Wimbledon or the US Open right now, we are talking about one player and this one player does elevate the players around him. he has proved it in High school, College and will do so in the pros. I'll be the first to remind fans that Sam has had to learn too many offenses during his time in the NFL.
How many offenses did Joe Montana have to learn? Or Troy Aikman learn? This makes a big impact on how far the general can lead the troops...OK, ask Peyton.

Once Sam has consistency on paper, he'll deliver consistency on the field. It will also help to have an improved line and receivers that have experience.

And taking about consistency...Sam will move to the next level when the bar is raised for his interior receivers (especially the TE) and when those positions are considered NFL solid...not prospects.

overall...Love Sam and he definitely has ALL the ability to be great..now let's give him some time and some tools to build with confidence.

Jim

paceram

Pro Bowler
I agree with Jim Everett's opinion and I also think Sam Bradford will be just fine and will have a great NFL (Rams!) career before he is done!

tonyl711

Starter
theres someone who has obviously watched Sam play and is not just going off stat's, pretty much nailed it, learning a new system every year, needs better Oline play and needs his WRs to reach their potential.

RFIP

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I agree with Jim Everett's opinion and I also think Sam Bradford will be just fine and will have a great NFL (Rams!) career before he is done!

The more and more I think about this situation, and the more I read about so many (and don't kid yourself, there are MANY) trying to run this guy out of town, I see Sam's greatest successes coming in another uniform.

I heard Michael Young say last week that every Ram fans nightmare would be to see Bradford play in Arizona with those receivers and for a head coach who knows how to run a QB friendly offense.

Sad to say but this is how I see things playing out.

PhxRam

The more and more I think about this situation, and the more I read about so many (and don't kid yourself, there are MANY) trying to run this guy out of town, I see Sam's greatest successes coming in another uniform.

I heard Michael Young say last week that every Ram fans nightmare would be to see Bradford play in Arizona with those receivers and for a head coach who knows how to run a QB friendly offense.

Keep your head up. Things will be okay. I promise.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler

Some people just don't appreciate what they have until it's gone.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
But what does Dieter Brock think? Someone contact Steve Walsh! And Joe is Germaine to this discussion.

(I kid because... well.. I'm me. But good find!)

RFIP

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
You two need a room I think. Here you go my princesses!
th

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Anyone who watches the Rams week in and week out knows he's not been the problem here.

The landscape is quickly changing as the talent and stability is setting in. This score is getting settled one way or another in 2014.

Tailback

Starter
Name
Taco Jones
Question here. So in my complete drunken amateur pathetic overweight couch potato fan status, it seems like when the Rams running game started improving last season...Kellen Clemons was under center instead of in a shotgun snap. Anybody think that Bradford working in shotgun hurts the running game? By all means ridicule me and call me insulting names. In fact, I kinda get off on that stuff....just sayin.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
true, but Martz obviously didn't.
I think Martz knew, but the problem was that Bulger was doing well, and Warner (for legitimate reasons, but still) was not. You have to go with the hot hand.

That said, even if Bulger didn't exist, Warner wasn't going to stick around for his salary until he got it back. I love the man with all the platonic man-love in me, but he did lose two other starting jobs after he left here.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Anyone who watches the Rams week in and week out knows he's not been the problem here.

The landscape is quickly changing as the talent and stability is setting in. This score is getting settled one way or another in 2014.

Sadly, I wouldn't say anyone(just go to RRF, the PD forums, etc.). :whistle:

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Question here. So in my complete drunken amateur pathetic overweight couch potato fan status, it seems like when the Rams running game started improving last season...Kellen Clemons was under center instead of in a shotgun snap. Anybody think that Bradford working in shotgun hurts the running game? By all means ridicule me and call me insulting names. In fact, I kinda get off on that stuff....just sayin.
Welcome to the board.
My eye test says that Bradford is a very effective shotgun QB. I'm not really sure what Clemens is effective at...besides being a decent backup.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Yes. But we moved away from the shotgun heavy offense prior to Sam getting injured. But it is easier to run in power sets if your OL can get the job done.