Jim Everett On Sam Bradford

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Balzer is on Sirius NFL Radio right now talking about Sam. He is adamant that Sam would be the highest rated QB if he were coming out this year. No sense in moving on from him now, right when he gets stability and a run game!!

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...dford-is-our-quarterback-new-contract-or-not/

Fisher: Bradford is our quarterback, new contract or not
Posted by Michael David Smith on February 18, 2014, 10:05 AM EST
x610-25-e1344369928966.jpg
AP

Two questions facing the Rams this offseason are whether Sam Bradford is the right man to be the franchise quarterback, and whether the Rams and Bradford will agree to a new contract. Rams coach Jeff Fisher says he doesn’t know the answer to the latter question, but the answer to the former is an emphatic yes.

Fisher said on Mike and Mike in the Morning that Bradford is making good progress in recovery from the torn ACL that cut short his 2013 season, and will be the starting quarterback for the Rams when the season starts.

“Sam’s doing great with the rehab,” Fisher said. “He’s really excited. He took on a leadership role last year and he’s maintained that and he’s our quarterback, and we’ve said that.”

Fisher would not commit, however, to a new contract for Bradford, who will count $17.6 million against the Rams’ salary cap this year. Some reports have suggested that a new contract is likely, other reports have suggested that a new contract is unlikely, and Fisher says he’s not sure where any of those reports originated.

“We talk about extensions with all our players under contract. Whether or not we do so with him, I don’t know where all this came from, but Sam’s our quarterback. He’s going to be under center,” Fisher said.

Bradford was off to a good start before getting injured in 2013, but not necessarily a good enough start to make him worth more than $1 million a game, which is what he’ll cost over the remaining two years of his current contract.

iced

i honestly don't get where all this is coming from - maybe the media has run out of crap and they're just throwin darts at the wall. First was Laconfora putting his foot into his mouth, now PFT wants to get on the pot stirring band wagon..

Demoff has said that they would do an extension and they want to - it's up to them (Bradford's camp).. love how PFT tries to play conspiracy theory with that one lol... Rams have kept saying they're committed.

nothin to see here - other than PFT fail at generating clicks

RFIP

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Man this Fisher is a hell of a liar! I mean accordnig to "those in the know" will tell you that the Rams are moving on from Sam.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...dford-is-our-quarterback-new-contract-or-not/

Fisher: Bradford is our quarterback, new contract or not
Posted by Michael David Smith on February 18, 2014, 10:05 AM EST
x610-25-e1344369928966.jpg
AP

Two questions facing the Rams this offseason are whether Sam Bradford is the right man to be the franchise quarterback, and whether the Rams and Bradford will agree to a new contract. Rams coach Jeff Fisher says he doesn’t know the answer to the latter question, but the answer to the former is an emphatic yes.

Fisher said on Mike and Mike in the Morning that Bradford is making good progress in recovery from the torn ACL that cut short his 2013 season, and will be the starting quarterback for the Rams when the season starts.

“Sam’s doing great with the rehab,” Fisher said. “He’s really excited. He took on a leadership role last year and he’s maintained that and he’s our quarterback, and we’ve said that.”

Fisher would not commit, however, to a new contract for Bradford, who will count $17.6 million against the Rams’ salary cap this year. Some reports have suggested that a new contract is likely, other reports have suggested that a new contract is unlikely, and Fisher says he’s not sure where any of those reports originated.

“We talk about extensions with all our players under contract. Whether or not we do so with him, I don’t know where all this came from, but Sam’s our quarterback. He’s going to be under center,” Fisher said.

Bradford was off to a good start before getting injured in 2013, but not necessarily a good enough start to make him worth more than $1 million a game, which is what he’ll cost over the remaining two years of his current contract.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
Man this Fisher is a hell of a liar! I mean accordnig to "those in the know" will tell you that the Rams are moving on from Sam.
That's actually the typical response when you point out this long record of public support of Sam to those convinced he's going to be cut.

"It's all a huge smokescreen!"

tonyl711

Starter
That's actually the typical response when you point out this long record of public support of Sam to those convinced he's going to be cut.

"It's all a huge smokescreen!"
I would like to know, who is "more in the know" than Fisher and Snead?

OhioRam

Rookie
Jim Everett was my football hero as a kid and I just got to read that boy am I so pump up he responded when I ask him that lol I had to copy and post it to Facebook

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
I would like to know, who is "more in the know" than Fisher and Snead?
The haters don't argue against that... they just go with the cliche that since a lot of lies are told during this time of year (which is true), all the support of Bradford is a lie too.

I don't believe it for a second, because I think they're smart enough to look at the history and realize that Bradford hasn't been the problem, but those who already have a pre-determined conclusion will say anything to stick by it.