Jim Everett On Sam Bradford

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

EastRam

Pro Bowler
Martz was a Dufus for letting Warner go. After the 5th game in 99 I told my wife the Rams finally have their QB for the next 10 years....Oh but no the genius has (thanks for the O) a brain fart. (n)

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
You two need a room I think. Here you go my princesses!
th
Ella is a babe.

Always had her over Snow White.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I have always backed Sam and always point out to people that want him gone that finding even a good QB is not an easy task. You don't just dump a guy like Sam unless you know you already have a better option on the team. But I recall a post Jrry made about mid season that showed how many open targets Bradford was not throwing to and it has raised some concerns for me. It was the first time I have ever had any doubts. I hope he can dispell all of it next season.

TexasRam

Legend
Queue the stat guys to "prove" to us how bad Bradford is, all the while ignoring the exact point Everett and the rest of us are making regarding Bradfords lack of supporting cast.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
The more and more I think about this situation, and the more I read about so many (and don't kid yourself, there are MANY) trying to run this guy out of town, I see Sam's greatest successes coming in another uniform.

I heard Michael Young say last week that every Ram fans nightmare would be to see Bradford play in Arizona with those receivers and for a head coach who knows how to run a QB friendly offense.

Sad to say but this is how I see things playing out.

I hope not.

But, the more I hear of people bashing Bradford, the more I think something like this may happen.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
Queue the stat guys to "prove" to us how bad Bradford is, all the while ignoring the exact point Everett and the rest of us are making regarding Bradfords lack of supporting cast.
I might not have been paying too much attention, but the only stats I've seen from that crew are the win-loss record and the horribly broken thing that is QBR.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
I think Martz knew, but the problem was that Bulger was doing well, and Warner (for legitimate reasons, but still) was not. You have to go with the hot hand.

I disagree. Especially for the long haul.
I blame Martz for that.

That said, even if Bulger didn't exist, Warner wasn't going to stick around for his salary until he got it back. I love the man with all the platonic man-love in me, but he did lose two other starting jobs after he left here.

I just don't think Martz made a real effort to find out what the problem with Warner was.
I think if he had, we very possibly may have kept Warner until he retired.

Boffo97

Name
Dave
I disagree. Especially for the long haul.
I blame Martz for that.

That said, even if Bulger didn't exist, Warner wasn't going to stick around for his salary until he got it back. I love the man with all the platonic man-love in me, but he did lose two other starting jobs after he left here.

I just don't think Martz made a real effort to find out what the problem with Warner was.
I think if he had, we very possibly may have kept Warner until he retired.
Considering what happened to Bulger (and frankly, what has happened to Bradford) I don't think there's any possibility that Warner gets back to anywhere near his old level staying on the Rams. Once the Martz offense was figured out, the QBs got more and more beaten up.

I don't think any huge investigation into what precisely was wrong with Warner would have changed things. By the current quality of the players involved, Bulger was AT THAT TIME unquestionably the better QB, Warner was making way too much to sit on the bench, and Brenda was becoming a bigger and bigger distraction.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
Considering what happened to Bulger (and frankly, what has happened to Bradford) I don't think there's any possibility that Warner gets back to anywhere near his old level staying on the Rams. Once the Martz offense was figured out, the QBs got more and more beaten up.

I don't think any huge investigation into what precisely was wrong with Warner would have changed things. By the current quality of the players involved, Bulger was AT THAT TIME unquestionably the better QB, Warner was making way too much to sit on the bench, and Brenda was becoming a bigger and bigger distraction.

All those things were true....lots of drama.
But we'll have to disagree about Warner though.

Boffo97

Name
Dave
All those things were true....lots of drama.
But we'll have to disagree about Warner though.
Fair enough.
Although I do join you in wishing things could have been different. He's a strong contender for my favorite Ram of all time.

Bottom line if Sam can't play 16+ games a season he's worthless to us, he could be putting up Manning like numbers but if it's only for half the games it's pointless.

Boffo97

Name
Dave
Bottom line if Sam can't play 16+ games a season he's worthless to us, he could be putting up Manning like numbers but if it's only for half the games it's pointless.
2011, I'd definitely argue that Sam's injuries were not his fault. That OL got so beat up they were starting guys who weren't even on a roster on opening day. That's going to get any QB killed.

2013, it was more of a freak thing.

2010 and 2012, he played all 16 games.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Yep. That goes for any player despite the talent.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I hope not.

But, the more I hear of people bashing Bradford, the more I think something like this may happen.

all the people bashing bradford have no say in his future. the people that do are 100% behind sam and that's all that matters.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

a few of them in there aren't the brightest sparks are they?

Last edited by a moderator:

Ram_of_Old

Bravo for Chris.....I mean Jim Everett!

(Sorry, just couldn't help myself)

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I'm a big fan of Jim. So much so that I even named a dog of mine (since passed) Blade after him. Jim was on the cover of GQ magazine back in the day,,, so I got a copy and framed the cover for my dog Blade and it hung over his bed (Jim was wearing a fur coat over his away uniform).

Good insight from someone who actually played QB in the NFL.