Jenkins vs Odell

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
How can you even say that? Beckham doesn't even have a full year in the league.

Because we've redefined what literally means!

Oh, and because in every sense of the word, Beckham is better than Dez Bryant. The only reason Bryant has more numbers is because he's in a pass happy offense with a better QB. Even as they go to the run, they still focus on Dez. And he's a very good WR.

But all you have to do is watch Odell Beckham, Jr... and well, he's literally special.

just sayin

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Beckham is unbelievable to watch. Definitely is a special player.

However, I like our chances in this one. We've got a good secondary. He's going to make some plays, you can't stop a guy like him completely, but I think Williams will have a plan.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Funny thing is that here in NY Beckham was on his way to being a bust according to the local media/fans
Missed TC, pre season with a hammy issue that was questioned

RamzFanz

Damnit
Funny thing is that here in NY Beckham was on his way to being a bust according to the local media/fans
Missed TC, pre season with a hammy issue that was questioned

He was dropped by someone in my FF league, maybe a New Yorker? I grabbed him and benched him. Now he's my leading receiver.

ztoben

Professional NFL Couch Analyst
Name
ztoben
Oh, and because in every sense of the word, Beckham is better than Dez Bryant. The only reason Bryant has more numbers is because he's in a pass happy offense with a better QB.

Giants:
Total Passing Yds: 3457
Passing (Comp-Att-Int-Avg): 330 - 522 - 13 - 7.0

Cowboys:
Total Passing Yds: 3235
Passing (Comp-Att-Int-Avg) 287 - 421 - 10 - 8.2

To say the cowboys are a more pass happy offense is ridiculous. More efficient? Yes. But the giants have 100 more attempts for the season already.

Not to mention the fact that Murray is already closing in on 1,700 yards rushing. A passing team doesn't finish the season with a ~2,000 yard rusher.

I just think its crazy to say that a rookie is better than a top 10 WR, "in every sense of the word".

Dez is leading the NFL in receiving TDs and has 1,100 yards. They're both good, but only time will tell who's better. As of now, it has to be Dez.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
Giants:
Total Passing Yds: 3457
Passing (Comp-Att-Int-Avg): 330 - 522 - 13 - 7.0

Cowboys:
Total Passing Yds: 3235
Passing (Comp-Att-Int-Avg) 287 - 421 - 10 - 8.2

To say the cowboys are a more pass happy offense is ridiculous. More efficient? Yes. But the giants have 100 more attempts for the season already.

Not to mention the fact that Murray is already closing in on 1,700 yards rushing. A passing team doesn't finish the season with a ~2,000 yard rusher.

I just think its crazy to say that a rookie is better than a top 10 WR, "in every sense of the word".

Dez is leading the NFL in receiving TDs and has 1,100 yards. They're both good, but only time will tell who's better. As of now, it has to be Dez.

So he leads Beckham in yards by 176, and TDs by 4...but he also played 4 more games than Odell...

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Hope they put Trumaine Johnson on him. Beat physicality with physicality.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Aeneas Williams was on the radio today talking about Beckham. Said he's "really special" not only because of his physical talent, but because he's constantly reaching out to other former receivers in the NFL for advice on how to improve his own play. Aeneas, obviously, thinks very highly of players who humble themselves by not simply saying they're the best, but striving to BE the best every day.

Jumava1968

Starter
Name
Jumava
Our DL should have a field day with NY o-line we may not have to blitz that much.So if we do get beat by Eli and Beckham they would have earned it.But I don't think they will I think we get at least 7-8 sacks on Manning and 2-3 picks.

jjab360

Legend

I think we can all agree that Beckham has the more exciting touchback highlights.

Exact same type of catch as the big one, just without the momentum of running a route and tight coverage from a defender. One of the best set of hands I've ever seen, personally. As for if he's better than Dez Bryant right now, I don't think so but it's close. And considering that receiver is usually a tough position to transition to in the NFL, he'll undoubtedly be the better WR in the near future, imo. Evans is almost on the same level too, as are Kelvin Benjamin and Sammy Watkins. Jordan Matthews, Allen Robinson, Davante Adams, Donte Moncrief, and Brandin Cooks all have serious potential as well. I said before the draft this might be one of the greatest WR classes of all time and they might have even surpassed my expectations.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
we'll see how frisky Beckam is feeling after a bone shattering hit from McDonald over the top.

Win1-4Ned

Rookie
Exact same type of catch as the big one, just without the momentum of running a route and tight coverage from a defender. One of the best set of hands I've ever seen, personally. As for if he's better than Dez Bryant right now, I don't think so but it's close. And considering that receiver is usually a tough position to transition to in the NFL, he'll undoubtedly be the better WR in the near future, imo. Evans is almost on the same level too, as are Kelvin Benjamin and Sammy Watkins. Jordan Matthews, Allen Robinson, Davante Adams, Donte Moncrief, and Brandin Cooks all have serious potential as well. I said before the draft this might be one of the greatest WR classes of all time and they might have even surpassed my expectations.
He was my favorite receiver in the '14 draft. His hands are as big as baseball gloves and he has all the athleticism of Watkins, perhaps more. A very deep class and I read this upcoming one may be just as loaded at the receiver position.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I was really impressed with Landry & odell beckham while at LSU....This is the type of receiver JJ needs to step his game up...I'd probably put Tru on him, but that's just me....

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
I withdraw that comment and stand corrected. He's almost as good as Dez Bryant based upon his stats so far.
Why did you go and do that ? I was just going to give you a like on the first post o_O I agree he's better in many ways than Bryant not the least of which is as a human being.
If I had the choice between the two , our first for Bec ,or Bryant for a third I'd take Becham and never look back.

OBTW we have the chance this Sunday to defeat another SB winning QB named Manning how many times has a team beaten both of them in a season I wonders ?

ztoben

Professional NFL Couch Analyst
Name
ztoben
So he leads Beckham in yards by 176, and TDs by 4...but he also played 4 more games than Odell...

My point is that the cowboys aren't a passing team, but Dez does well there still. Beckham will probably be better over time, but Dez deserves more respect at this point.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Why did you go and do that ? I was just going to give you a like on the first post o_O I agree he's better in many ways than Bryant not the least of which is as a human being.
If I had the choice between the two , our first for Bec ,or Bryant for a third I'd take Becham and never look back.

OBTW we have the chance this Sunday to defeat another SB winning QB named Manning how many times has a team beaten both of them in a season I wonders ?

Because I said literally and was refering to stats then I looked and Dez was leading slightly. As a talent I would take Beckham too. He a ROOKIE! Lets hope he's mature enough to handle the praise.