Jeff Fisher

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
If they go, they need a coach that can get off to a good start. If they stay, they need a coach who can win in order to heal the damage that's been done. Jeff Fisher is not that guy. 4 years is enough, the only consistency he's brought so far is losing. That's pretty blunt sounding I know, but I think it's needed. I don't think we should keep a HC who loses more than he wins because we're afraid the next guy might lose too. Consistency is only worth something if you're consistently winning.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Not true, they let McAdoo leave to be OC for the NY Giants

They had blocked McAdoo in the past and doubtless would have again but they wanted to clear room at QB coach for Van Pelt.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
They had blocked McAdoo in the past and doubtless would have again but they wanted to clear room at QB coach for Van Pelt.
Well its not their policy then if they let one guy go, seems to me they let McAdoo bolt but couldnt afford to lose another.
And it looks as though Clements days are numbered there so we'll see if Van Pelt gets the upgrade

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
That's SOP (standard operating procedure) for all teams.

It really varies by team and philosophy of the head coach and front office. I don't have a running poll going on it or anything but it seems like some teams will block all positional coaches under contract from coordinator position jobs, and others will only block guys they expect to be promoting soon or who are their top coaches.

MountainRam

Rookie
It really varies by team and philosophy of the head coach and front office. I don't have a running poll going on it or anything but it seems like some teams will block all positional coaches under contract from coordinator position jobs, and others will only block guys they expect to be promoting soon or who are their top coaches.

Yup, I group everything you said as SOP. So cannot blame another team for not releasing a coach so they could become offensive coordinator else where.

Juice

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I am a Coach Fisher fan, and I really do not think he is going anywhere. I want him to be the coach of the Rams, but I want an offensive overhaul. I want a coordinator or assistant with a proven track record of getting wins and working well with the players that he has available.
Two other things. If we loose Jeff Fisher, we loose Greg Williams. We loose Greg Williams, we loose the defense. I really do not want to see that happen. Nobody is going to come in and keep Williams, and even if they did, wouldn't Greg Williams follow Fisher?

The other thing is who would you rather coach this team. Jeff Fisher has been stubborn about this offense, and blatantly at least. Who wants to coach is St Louis? Who wants to possibly put up for a move? Fisher did, and he could have chosen Miami. I think we need to be careful what we wish for, because the alternative could be a lot worse.