Jeff Fisher: “I want a chance to play the Rams”

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RedRam

Pro Bowler
Maybe he'll get the Bills gig...

5637a73d327ce.image.jpg

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
If i need my team to be ultra-competitive in the division six times a year then Fisher's my guy, but it's those other 10 games on the schedule...
200.gif
I love ya Jeff but you weren't good enough.

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian

That's right. When you're one of the first to decide on something, and you call it like it is, and catch flack for saying so, but then in the end almost everyone ends up agreeing because what you said was exactly correct, you deserve a little recognition. Thanks for giving me five.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I'd like to see the team that hires Fisher...Only cements my thoughts on this coaching carousel...I remember we fired Chuck Knox after a 9-7 season...

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
So Fisher basically sounds like he wants revenge for the Rams firing him? He took 5 years to ruin the team. How much more revenge does he need?

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
What is funny to me is people talk about that goal line play and they say the Titans were a yard away from winning the Superbowl. It's said ALL the freaking time.

Uh, no, you were a yard away from possibly TYING the game. Lord..

Zero

Pro Bowler
I do see a possible opportunity in college, however, Fisher will not be given another opportunity in the NFL and I believe these will be a couple of universities that will be interested in the future
I believe his days are over as well ,But I am not going to underestimate
the man they call "Teflon"

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
It's just "crazy talk," on his part, saying he will be coaching again. What owner would take a chance on him given his track record? Six winning seasons out of twenty-two, and five seasons where he ended up 8-8. Yet he thinks he's going to be coaching again. I like him personally, but damn dude, know when to say when.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
In case someone can't watch the video...not word for word but you'll get the gist.
What happened

JF: "Bottom line, I didn't win enough games, new market, that's important and I'll take responsibility for that."

When did you know?

JF: "When Kevin came in and told me.

So you had no idea?

JF: "No idea, new extension, I didn't anticipate this, caught off guard with a short week.

(He's upset that someone leaked the extension news. Hinting that the Rams are not a tight-knit organization. Said relationship between Dickerson and him is fine).

Was Jared Goff your choice?

JF: "Yes, he was our choice, unanimous."

Why wait until week 12 to give him a start?

JF: "We didn't want to rush him. He will be a franchise quarterback."

What was the issue for you guys offensively?

JF: "The number of quarterbacks we have played with but I take responsibility."

(And then he said he wants to play the Rams with a smile on his face).

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I DVR'd that thing yesterday... along with the follow up comments made by the Fox crew. Watched it about 4 times.

My take...

Not a good look for Fisher.

I would be absolutely shocked if another NFL team hires him as a HC going forward. Unless it's Cleveland... but I don't count them as a real NFL team anymore.