Jeff Fisher: “I want a chance to play the Rams”

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/12/16/jeff-fisher-i-want-a-chance-to-play-the-rams/

Jeff Fisher: “I want a chance to play the Rams”
Posted by Mike Florio on December 16, 2016

624059316-e1481920533835.jpg
Getty Images

Rams Hall of Fame running back Eric Dickerson may not have had a vendetta against Jeff Fisher, but Jeff Fisher now has a vendetta against the Rams.

I want a chance to play the Rams,” Fisher tells FOX in an interview to be aired during Sunday’s pregame show.

Fisher provides that sound bite with a smile when asked for his “perfect scenario.” In the snazzy clip released by FOX to promote the interview, which starts with a cinematic slow-motion shot of Fisher walking down a hallway, the former Titans and Rams coach also fills in the blank as to why Jeff Fisher was fired.

“He didn’t win enough games, and the organization has a much bigger picture,” Fisher said. “And I don’t think I was ever part of seeing the new stadium.”

There’s the patent-pending I-don’t-make-excuses-here’s-my-excuse maneuver. Fisher admits he didn’t do a good enough job before suggesting, without taking a breath, that it doesn’t matter how good of a job he would have done, he was always getting fired before the Rams christened Kroenkeworld in 2019.

The swiftly and slickly produced interview reconfirms that Fisher is very well connected, both at the league and media level. When the time comes for him to get a new job, he’ll have plenty of people pushing the issue both behind the scenes and out in the open.

Those efforts apparently will focus on the other teams of the NFC West, whenever those jobs next come open. The next best option could be to coach the Chargers, if they move to L.A. and share space with the Rams in their new stadium.

However it plays out, the 58-year-old Fisher isn’t going anywhere. In the end, it takes only one owner to become sufficiently intrigued to give Fisher a chance to coach his third team — and to break the tie with Dan Reeves at 165 for the most career losses.

TXRams86

The Infamous
Oh Jeff...
But you DID play the Rams and you did so for 5 years.
It was a fun ride for you while it lasted but you ultimately lost in the end.
Which will be the same outcome if and when you field a team to play against us.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
He can hone his skills verbally abusing the Rams from a broadcast booth for a few years before he gets another HC position, if indeed he does get another shot.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
Bye Brandon...You shouldnt still be on the sidelines if your dad has a vendetta against this team...

RAMpage28

Hall of Fame
We all know you can't beat the easy teams Jeff.

What does he have to be upset about through this entire process?

He was given 5 years, and will (from my understanding) be paid for another 1 or 2. For what? Being a soft coach with a caveman-esque understanding of the modern NFL?

If anyone is dumb enough to give Jeff another chance at coaching, best of luck to them.

Jeff, you haven't had a winning record in 8 years. You should be counting your lucky stars you have lasted this long.

Go coach high school ball or something.

"I don't think I was ever seeing the new stadium" Oh please. You were given ample time to do something and you did nothing. You would have coached in in that stadium if you were any good at your job.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Hell, that dude beat the Rams for FIve years straight!

Ain't that enough, Jeff???

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
He's got a 35% chance of beating the Rams, because his team's only win about 3.5 games out of 10.
Add the fact that no one is going to hire him as a head coach again in the NFL, because he doesn't win games, and that'll be a 0.00% chance of beating the Rams.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I think Fisher would be wise to take a year off and re-think his Football MO!!
Then again he could take a job as the New HC in Cleveland. I'm sure the Fans there would be happy with a couple 7-9 Seasons!!

Psycho_X

Legend
Good god, seriously Fisher? There's just to much to say to that and most of it is ranting so will just leave it at that.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Hopefully he gets the AZ gig after Arians retired due to health concerns and takes the deadwood from us...

Varg6

Starter
Name
Jake
Salty much? Maybe you would've been part of the bigger picture for the team if you weren't...the problem.

Zero

Pro Bowler
"I don't think I was ever seeing the new stadium" Oh please. You were given ample time to do something and you did nothing. You would have coached in in that stadium if you were any good at your job.
If he were winning games he would remain the coach,
Still not accepting responsibility for his shortcomings.
That is one of the reasons he has not and will be a good football coach.
Because if you are too blind to see your shortcomings ,your shortcomings
can never become a strength.So your growth as a coach is stunted.
Another reason is not consistently teaching and enforcing discipline and that is why his
teams have always been some of the most undisciplined teams in the league.

Last edited:

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Apparently getting paid $35 million to utterly fail at his job has left him rather salty.

sjm1582002

Wanted everywhere but welcome nowhere
Fisher wants a "chance"?

How about a big fat one.

He is finished as a pro HC after this year's debacle.