Jeff Fisher has run out of answers.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://www.turfshowtimes.com/2015/12/6/9859264/st-louis-rams-jeff-fisher-is-almost-out-of-answers

St. Louis Rams: Jeff Fisher is “Almost Out of Answers”
By Brandon Bate@NoPlanB

The St. Louis Rams lost - at home - today to the Arizona Cardinals. And that’s not all that big of a deal. The Cardinals are the best team in the NFC West. They own the second best record in the NFC.

The Cardinals are going to the playoffs. They may make it all the way to the Super Bowl with a head coach like Bruce Arians. And that’s because he has a grasp on reality. He has a grip on his team and where they’re headed.

Jeff Fisher does not. Here’s what Fisher had to say this evening after his team lost embarrassingly, for the fifth straight time, by a final score of 27-3...at home.

Coach is almost out of answers. My responsibility is to say, ‘Hey, I’m going to get this thing fixed.’ I mean we’re not efficient on offense. We have too many good players. We’ve got guys that can produce. We have an outstanding running back and we have a dynamic receiver. We’re starting to get a little bit better on the offensive line and so we’ll keep working. But it has to get better. It’s not good.

It’s ok if you’re confused about what the Rams are doing. It’s also ok if you’re not sure where they’re headed -- in the 2015 football season, or geographically in 2016.

It’s ok because the head coach of the football team doesn’t know. He’s almost out of answers. Quite frankly, I think we - collectively - are almost out of questions.
------
Some of us still have one question left
When are you leaving the StL Rams, seriously it is time to go because it appears even the team has lost all confidence in you, we already know a majority of the fans have. It is time Stan pulls his head out of his ass and has Fisher resign with dignity or flat out fires him and do your best to save what pride your team has left.
---------
Crazy that Fish said that they wouldn't be having any practices this week
Only a rave on Friday night that Welker will be DJing and supplying the entertainment
-------
I have to tell you
no matter how bad it looked on TV, it was even worse being there at the Ed to watch in person. The offense has no clue. Foles looks completely lost out there. If it hadn’t been for a turnover on about the 30, we would have been shut out. After watching it I felt they should get a negative score if only that was possible.

If those clowns on offense are talented players, then my high school team must be loaded with future All-Pros. By far our best player on the field was the punter. He kicked 50 and 60 yard punts routinely, plus kicking off all game. This is the worst excuse for an offense I’ve seen since the days of Tony Banks and Felony.
--------
Lots need to go.
Entire staff. Maybe Snead. Laurinaitis, Long, Cook, Saffold, Britt. I don’t want to see them start over. That’s a crappy feeling knowing it’s going to takeMORE time. But there really isn’t another way out of this. All old blood, who isn’t contributing, needs to be gone. Dead weight at high salaries. I love Chris Long. But he’s one of several who simply isn’t worth what he’s making. I’m just ready to see it get blown up. I don’t know if I’ll have any hope until that happens.
---------
This is not the way of the world.
Someone has to take responsibility. And when year after the year the team as a whole under performs, makes mental errors, and lacks cohesion and discipline … IT HAS TO BE AT THE TOP where change starts …. but doesn’t end. OC is next and then QB. I’d say Tavon is tradable now ….Foles is a backup at best ….. bite the bullet and draft the QB and a buy the OLine necessary to protect him.

One can always hope.
--------
29m4z8h.jpg

--------
352eoba.png

--------
When we dont have a quarterback we do not have a chance. Extending foles before he took a snap for this team should cost upper management jobs. I think everyone from the guy that brings Snead coffee to the waterboys need to go. Enough is enough. I am tired of drafting in the top 10, i am tired of the direction of this franchise.

At the end day a football team is a business and will only be successful as the vision aet forth by upper management. We lack vision. The direct effect of this is a lack of success. As a southern California native i became a Rams fan at a young age and although i barely experienced any of Mr Rosenbloom’s success, his footprint on the franchise faded slowly throughout the 80s until his wife ran the team into the ground.

We need to recall our proud history and figure this out. It has to start with a hard reset and a top draft pick being spent on qb. We need to find a humble coach that will assemble a staff that give the players a chance to succeed. Look around the league and figure out why some franchises are always good and some are always poor and lets hope and pray that Stan puts the right people in place.

Now one more thing, we do not have as many good players as we think. We have given in to sentimentality and do not see things realistically. Tavon Austin, Todd Gurley are the only players on offense of any significance as for the defense robert quinn, janoris jenkins and alec ogletree and maybe mark barron are about it, everyone else is a roll player and most are overpaid.

We need someone to fix this and blow it up, we have no excuse to pick inside the top 10, but we are, that alone should be reason for heads to roll. Sick and tired of it all.
--------
glf9qPU.gif

-----------
http://www.turfshowtimes.com/2015/1...ead-coach-jeff-fisher-answers-solutions-fixes

St. Louis Rams Head Coach Jeff Fisher Is Out Of Answers
By 3k@3k_

St. Louis Rams Head Coach Jeff Fisher isn't done with football answers. He's done with media answers.

Jim Thomas gets to ask Jeff Fisher questions after every game. Most of them are benign. On purpose. They're not meant to explain anything about the game. They're meant to provide Jim Thomas with a filler quote to finish his post-game story.

"We'll fix it."

"Yeah, I didn't see that at the time."

"That wasn't part of the gameplan."

"They have a good team and a good coaching staff."

"We just have to execute better."

You've seen Bull Durham. Fisher knows what he's doing. Thomas knows what he's doing. It's not anything new or anything special.

His being out of answers today means he's just out of tolerance. He's done playing the game with the media. He's at the end of his line. The football solutions haven't come. The media solutions don't have to.

Fisher's not interested in doing half of Thomas' job when he can't do most of his own at this point.
-------
This has got to be Fisher as he contemplates whether or not he's going to show up for the presser.
giphy.gif

---------
rick grimes would be a great coach. people are willing to lay down their lives as part of his group.
no dance parties in the post apocalypse.
----------
I like the George Allen solution.
Coach George never met a draft pick he liked. i vaguely remember an interview he did back in….1967…when he admitted he learned very quickly that young potential did not win ball games. So George would trade away his picks for serviceable veterans who would win ball games. He did it with the Rams and perfected the thefts with the Redskins.

I am so done with the youngest team in the league mantra. It is time to trade a few of these young studs for healthy solid pros who do not eff up and do their damn jobs. Sprinkle in a few senior citizens from Winning Programs. And add in a coach or two that understand and live offense. You know, coaches who would attract those type of productive players.
---------
I can't speak for anyone else. And I might be completely alone on this.
But I’m pretty tired of the onslaught directed towards guys in the media. Specifically, Thomas and Wagoner. I understand your frustration in hearing them ask near pointless questions. But have you ever considered they ask these questions because Fisher is incapable of giving meaningful answers? Why waste your time and piss off your only source of information?

And it’s not like they have full license to twist off and say whatever the hell they want. Nor should they. And, no offense meant here, I think you guys do a great job: But they aren’t writing for a fan blog. They have editors who I’m sure dictate a good bit of what they want in each piece. Which is why every post game piece reads exactly the same.

But they also have to maintain a professional relationship with Fisher, because who knows how long he’ll be the coach. I don’t know. I guess I just think it’s easy for us to sit back and admonish these guys for their saccharine questions without thinking about it from their perspective. They NEED answers to "fill out" their pieces. That’s what someone is paying them to do. And they know better than us.

Last week is evidence. One tough question in four years and Fisher says "kiss my ass" and walks out. Then they had nothing. I just think they understand their position. True, it’s a no win position. They aren’t challenging Fisher. But that’s because Fisher doesn’t have to let them.

RAMBUSH

Starter
Why worry guys , grab yourself a second favorite team ! Makes things a lot more enjoyable . dont go with the browns or lions , pick a team with multible superbowl rings , its stress free rooting ! Maybe like the rams with your second favorite team the seahawks ! Ups your chances to make the playoffs ! Stress free rooting ! Maybe even a favorite afc team with a baackup of course !

Thats how you become a true less stressed fan !!!

Go NFL...

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
"You know what, the coach is almost out of answers," Fisher responded. "My responsibility is to say, 'Hey, I'm going to get this thing fixed.' We're not efficient on offense. We have got too many good players, we have got guys that can produce, an outstanding running back, a dynamic receiver and we are starting to get a little bit better on the offensive line. So we're going to keep working, but it has to get better. It's not good."

The problem here is that when you think your players are good but the production isn't there, and when you've already flipped QBs with no real change in result, what is left is your offensive staff. Which means right now Fisher should be firing Cignetti and holding him accountable. But he's not going to do that, he's going to go down with the ship.

In the end that loyalty can kill a head coach. The Rams don't have great QBs. But their QBs are not as bad as the result we are seeing on the field. They are playing with zero confidence, and have completely fallen apart in the execution of this scheme. This is a dumb offense. It is an easy offense to shut down once teams adjusted to Cigs' jet sweep and misdirection tendencies. He has no real adjustments left to make and that is why teams are destroying our offense on Sunday.

We can blame the QBs all we want. Call for Keenum, Mannion, a high draft pick next year, Fitz in FA, whatever, it's not going to change anything. We can blame the OL too, sure let's blame the injuries and while it is valid the OL alone is not the issue. Even the WRs, I think ours are not good at all but still there are enough pieces to have a better offense than we are seeing. IMO it's not going to matter until the fundamental root of the problems is fixed. We are a dumb offensive team from a schematic and coaching point of view.

So as Fisher's quote above implies, he really has two options: 1 resign. 2 fire his offensive coordinator and whoever else is not up to snuff be it the QB or OL coach. Doing nothing is BS. If he keeps his job he will certainly fire his OC and some staff. Might as well give the other guy like Boras a look the remainder of the schedule.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If you think that all we are is a good qb away from getting this fixed you are going to be writing these same posts a year from now. What about Todd Gurley? I don't read posts about how terrible he is. How many yards has he rushed for the last five weeks? What happened to him that he can no longer run effectively? Why did he rush for 140 yards the first Az game than 40somethng with 35 on one play yesterday? Do we need a new rb also?
The only answer is to re-organize, hire someone with experience in building an offense. Let them evaluate the talent that is here (and there is talent). Allow them REAL input into the draft and fa process. Allow them to evaluate GR and make the decision whether we are better served moving him inside or sticking with him a LT than stick with it. Let them make the decision on whether or not Foles is salvageable or whether we need to do whats neccessar;y to draft high enough to take one of the top rated qb IF they think there is one that is NFL ready. If not we need a plan to trade or sign someone that can carry us for a couple of years while we develop a higher draft pick. Either way the current plan and way of doing things has to change, and it wont with the coaching we have now.
Totally agree.

I read a lot of posts here lately saying we just need a QB.

I disagree. It goes much deeper than that.

In my mind, we really don't know what we have on that Oline.. Saffold? Robinson? Havenstein? Brown?

Please don't tell me Havenstein and Brown are talented... fact is, we haven't seen enough of them to know that. What we DO know is that Saffold is injury prone. What we DO have, is building evidence that Robinson is not the answer at LT... maybe he can be a guard, but - again - not much actual evidence to say that.

I don't care who you bring in as QB... if they don't get to the point that they KNOW what they have along that line, the offense will continue to sputter.

Last edited:

Oldgeek

I'm old and can't wait another 20 years for a SB W
Name
Steve
Poor QB play.
Poor OL play.
Inconsistent WR play, these guys never seem to develop after they become Rams.
Other than that the offense is err GREAT!

Oldgeek

I'm old and can't wait another 20 years for a SB W
Name
Steve
Asked what he thought of his team’s execution, McKay famously deadpanned: “I’m in favor of it.” Maybe throw Fisher in there as well.