Jeff Fisher has run out of answers.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
That is the answer of a coach who desperately needs to be fired.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
I listened to his post-game interview with Rams radio broadcast crew and he said "I told these guys we're coming back to 'work' tomorrow cause it's what we got to do. We are also going to take a look at some younger guys over the next couple weeks." My initial thought is he's talking about getting Mannion more snaps and possibly playing. Either that or possibly asking some local high school players from St. Louis to play.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I listened to his post-game interview with Rams radio broadcast crew and he said "I told these guys we're coming back to 'work' tomorrow cause it's what we got to do. We are also going to take a look at some younger guys over the next couple weeks." My initial thought is he's talking about getting Mannion more snaps and possibly playing. Either that or possibly asking some local high school players from St. Louis to play.

That explains why Gurley sat some part of the second half.

PA Ram

Pro Bowler
I think he's just being honest. He has hit the wall and at this stage of the season it is what it is. Every week they say they will work on the offense--try some things, try to get things going for Gurley and every week it's more of the same or worse.

Would I be shocked if he retired at the end of the year?

Not really--a lot of bad stuff happened this year.

I would not be shocked if he stayed around either but he certainly has his work cut out fixing this offense and he needs to honestly ask himself if he's equipped to do that. They gave Foles the contract and he's obviously not the right guy so the QB question is more in the air than it has ever been. The offensive line is a hobbled question mark as well.

There are good pieces on the offense for sure, but some major missing pieces.

And frankly, he needs to question whether his offensive philosophy will even work in today's NFL--if this conservative, keep it close and win with defense sort of philosophy is possible. I know he likes to look at the Seahawks as an example but the Seahawks CAN throw the ball and even they went out and brought Graham in this year to help Wilson.

Fisher needs to examine all of this and make some decisions about next year.

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame

I want to see more of Roberson, in particular. He flashed a lot today. But he also got beat a few times. Give him some more snaps. It isn't easy to play when coming in cold all the time. If he looks good down the stretch when consistently given action it would be easy to let Jenkins or Johnson walk if either of their $$$ demands are too high. Don't forget EJ Gaines should be back next year. And Joyner continues to improve

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
That is the answer of a coach who desperately needs to be fired.

Pretty much this. He's admitted to not having a clue and in doing so, he has sealed his fate.

Or at least he would under normal circumstances but these aren't normal circumstances. Stan doesn't currently care about what is happening on the field.

PA Ram

Pro Bowler

I think that's the smart thing to do at this point.

Get some idea about Mannion and others and start evaluating for next year. There is no use kidding anyone about any meaningful games for this season anymore.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
That explains why Gurley sat some part of the second half.
I would have sat him too. At this point there is no need running his potentially successful career into the ground (no pun intended) while getting beat to death behind our O-Line. If it were up to me, I would limit his touches in a game to 10-15 from here on out. Might as well let Cunningham and Mason get some touches and save his health. Nothing to play for these next 4 games, including draft position.

iamme33

Pro Bowler
Name
dan

I wonder if that includes practice squad players. lets look at everyone.

Memphis Ram

Legend
And frankly, he needs to question whether his offensive philosophy will even work in today's NFL--if this conservative, keep it close and win with defense sort of philosophy is possible. I know he likes to look at the Seahawks as an example but the Seahawks CAN throw the ball and even they went out and brought Graham in this year to help Wilson.

It works. But, the defense isn't as good and neither is the running (or passing) game.

jjab360

Legend
For all the people that said they wanted Fisher to be more honest in his press conferences... are you happy now??

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I want to see more of Roberson, in particular. He flashed a lot today. But he also got beat a few times. Give him some more snaps. It isn't easy to play when coming in cold all the time. If he looks good down the stretch when consistently given action it would be easy to let Jenkins or Johnson walk if either of their $$$ demands are too high. Don't forget EJ Gaines should be back next year. And Joyner continues to improve
How could you still advocate letting Jenkins or Johnson go they should both be back next year I'm not relying on Roberson or a 3rd year corner that played only 1 year

Av8R

UDFA
jjab360… honestly, yeah I am. We know there are issues but stop using coach speak. Its ok to admit there are issues and not throw a player under the bus. But enough with the "we will fix that" because its going on 12 years of "we will fix that".

WoodsideRam

Rookie
The decisions he's made on the offensive side of the ball just haven't panned out. He knows that deep down. That's why he's silent. Bringing in Foles and deciding to go into this year with a bunch of rookies on the offensive line hasn't worked out like he hoped. Like we all hoped. Especially the offensive line.

Dr C. Hill

Rookie
Name
Doc
I hope we can move on next year. He is BEGGING to be fired! This team has quit. How can you allow a leadership group that would allow that to happen continue to run the show?