Jeff Fisher Evaluates Goff With Collin Cowherd

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
It tells you the bigger need at the time was the O line. AD was a surprise to everyone. We're lucky Fisher always had a thing for the defense.

I don’t believe that. Snead does a good job scouting , but either way The Rams needed to have traded the #2 pick.

GBRam15

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
GBRam15
Towards the end of the interview, Fisher says that he was pulling for the Rams in the Super Bowl because he had brought in 3/4 of the guys playing. When you focus on just the starting lineup, that figure does not even come close. 4 starters on offense (Goff, Gurley, Higbee, Havenstein) and 5 on defense (Brockers, Donald, Joyner, Barron, Littleton) came to the Rams during his tenure. That is 9/22 or about 41%. If you throw in special teams players Hekker and Zuerlein, it bumps up to 11/24 or 46% which is still a far cry from 75%. I don't want to bag on him completely because he took us out of the NFL cellar, but it seems like he wants to take more credit than he deserves for the current team's success.

GBRam15

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
GBRam15
If only he didn't hire the worst offensive coordinator in the history of football >> Rob Boras

He is still the tight end coach in the wasteland of Buffalo after 3 years.

That's how terrible Rob Boras was and is

I remember watching an interview with Boras on the Rams website. He was asked how Goff was coming along (this was before Goff had taken over for Keenum), and he said that Goff was asking better questions to the point where he himself could not answer them. He did say this lightheartedly and was trying to compliment Goff, but it just shows you how much of an idiot he was. Not only could he not answer Goff's questions about his own offense, he was also dumb enough to actually admit it.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
Yes JF is part of Rams history and that in itself makes him part of the "family". But JF is gone ... just like Ray Malavasi, Rich Brooks, Spagnulo, etc ..... can we move on now?? He is a bitter and i get that .. but his opinion on JG or this team as a whole right now means NOTHING. HE is NOT part of THIS TEAM.

Soap box rant over :peace::cheers:

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Then why didn't they pick AD earlier?

That was a good question. I think The Rams needed to trade back like the Falcons did. Look what Buffalo gave up ?? When did O’dell get picked ??

Aaron Donald works his ass off !! He has improved himself year in,year out. He takes like less than 2 weeks before hitting it hard again.

Beckham will be out of the league soon. His off the field stuff will be the cause ? He is a bad egg.

Greg Robinson?? Dude really is a young offensive-lineman. His potential could have been very special from a scouts view ?? It would be good to see him grow up into an excellent player .

I’m about value. Snead does a solid job.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Never understood nor piled on the Fisher negativity

It’s really a shame he misplaced trust on the offensive coaching side and at the end of the day it cost him his job.

Said it before and I’ll say it again, I harbor zero ill will vs the stache, he left us in way better shape than which he inherited

Well riddle me this ? Was it him or Demoff that hired Les Snead ? I’m not letting Snead off the hook or giving him all the credit ??

Just saying the trade of the #2 pick was something else. Could have been the best
Trade of all time.

1. The Rams could have signed RG111 for cheap after 4 years .

2. Rams could have traded the #2 pick from
Washington for draft picks instead of Drafting Greg Robinson. The Rams could still be drafting if they continued to trade back. Les is a master at getting value for trading back.

coconut

Pro Bowler
Name
coconut
1. The Rams could have signed RG111 for cheap after 4 years .

2. Rams could have traded the #2 pick from
Washington for draft picks instead of Drafting Greg Robinson. The Rams could still be drafting if they continued to trade back. Les is a master at getting value for trading back.

RG3s value was before he played in the NFL. Mistake averted for the Rams.
Greg Robinson's head wasn't ready for coaching at that time. Mistake not averted for the Rams.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Honestly, with the riches that Fisher inherited, I think he would've been a fine coach if the league hadn't evolved and outgrown him. This was the beginning of the boom for offenses and, after dealing with modern NFL offenses, Fisher's offenses probably felt like a bye week for opposing defensive coordinators. Take Fisher's Rams and put them in the early 2000s and he would've had a couple of playoff runs. Weren't we basically a remake of Rex Ryan's Jets? Lol

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
In Fishers defense it's hard to win with backup QB's playing more than half of the games.

Keenum, Mannion, Clemens, Davis and Hill..........all backups and all saw plenty of games.

When the best QB as Rams HC was Sam Bradford you're already not winning 10 games. Then add in the lousy OC's he selected.

Doomed from the start in hindsight IMO.

oldnotdead

Legend
Bottom line IMO is that the Rams will remain a talented team as long as Snead is GM. He's the real secret to the Ram's success. He was successful long before he came to the Rams. The man is a damn fine talent evaluator.

McVay can only be as good as the talent provided by Snead. I've never seen a GM that consistently finds talent in the mid to late rounds of the draft like Snead routinely does. Most GM's get their starters in the first 3 occasionally 4 rounds, with the rest as camp fodder. This is why those teams struggle to keep up with normal contract attrition.

It is very rare to find a team with talent at all levels and all positions. It's amazing and fun to watch.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Bottom line IMO is that the Rams will remain a talented team as long as Snead is GM. He's the real secret to the Ram's success. He was successful long before he came to the Rams. The man is a damn fine talent evaluator.

Yup!!!!!

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Either way though Fish is a CEO type head coach.
In Fishers case two out of three wasn't good enough.
Fisher's downfall was his failure to delegate authority and trust in his coaches
That's the thing... a great CEO hires the very best Managers and let's them do their jobs. Just look at how McVay built his management team and how he interacts with them. That is how it's done.
Fisher neither hired the best Managers nor let them do their jobs (except his buddy Williams).
And 2/3rds of a Head Coach in the NFL isn't going to get you into the playoffs. Personally? I would peg him as closer to 50% of a HC.

What are the odds Fisher gets another head coaching or maybe DC job in the future?
Head coach? 0%. DC? Guessing 50%? Maybe a desperate team? Heck, Williams is thriving... Fisher has let it be known he'd like back in, but no takers. Says all you need to know

[/QUOTE]
Gave us that dirty reputation - it was hard to see at the time because obviously as Rams fans, we're biased - but the penalties and crap after the whistle....garbage.
We need those old images of Fish flippin everyone off, or the one with his balls in the wheelbarrow lol.
Things that annoyed me about Fisher:
* Lack of attention to detail (results in unnecessary penalties)
* Lack of discipline (results in dirty play)
* Unprofessionalism (fliipping people off, that stunt with WASH and the coin flip... others). Anyone
think McVay would ever do anything like that? Of course not. He's a professional.

[/QUOTE]
most give fisher credit for good drafting but I think he did a very poor job of drafting.
He hit on some major home runs. But he also squandered away too many other high picks. Given the number of picks he had in the first three rounds for five straight years, I'd say his overall draft record was along the line of a "C", at best. Had it been a "B", had he hired better, had he been more involved, had he coached discipline and structure... maybe he'd still be in LA.

Personally, I think his removal was two years too late. But... better late than never.

Now we have a real NFL Head Coach!

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
That's the thing... a great CEO hires the very best Managers and let's them do their jobs. Just look at how McVay built his management team and how he interacts with them. That is how it's done.
Fisher neither hired the best Managers nor let them do their jobs (except his buddy Williams).
And 2/3rds of a Head Coach in the NFL isn't going to get you into the playoffs. Personally? I would peg him as closer to 50% of a HC.
A GOOD CEO does that. Bad ones don't. Bad ones get fired.