Jeff Fisher Evaluates Goff With Collin Cowherd

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Worked for 5 min then 'video unavailable'. Go to youtube, its worth watching.

Maybe one of you pc gurus can post a link that works.

Last edited:

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I heard part of this on the radio. Still cracks me up him saying something to the effect he signed or drafted 75% of the roster just a couple of wr’s were added.

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
Good interview, glad he takes responsibility for his inept ability to get the Rams going. One thing i was thinking about the other day, Fisher drafted Goff, Donald, Gurley, Hekker and Zuerlein. 5 of the best players at their position and 3 who can be HOF players if they continue on their projection. As much as i give him shit, he did put McVay in a good spot when he came here.

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
His biggest shortcoming was being so into defense and special teams trickery.

He never looked at an offense that would give his defense troubles and said I want that offense on my team. He was always terrified of that type of offense. That type of NFL really.

I love how Mcvay wants the best defensive mind on his staff.

I love how he kept Fassel as special teams coach. Fassel is the back Bones of this team

LARams_1963

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
greg
Good interview!

Good interview, glad he takes responsibility for his inept ability to get the Rams going. One thing i was thinking about the other day, Fisher drafted Goff, Donald, Gurley, Hekker and Zuerlein. 5 of the best players at their position and 3 who can be HOF players if they continue on their projection. As much as i give him crap, he did put McVay in a good spot when he came here.
I will always wonder what percent of the draft credit goes to Fish and what percent goes to Snead.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
The fisher regime gave us:
Drafted/signed as UDFAs:
Goff, Donald, Gurley, Havs, Higbee, GZ, Brockers, Littleton, Hekker, Hill, Christian, Hager.

now departed:
Jenkins, TJohnson, McLeod (see a trend?), and Westbrook.

Obviously, he knew defensive talent, especially in the secondary. In the final analysis, despite picks like austin and robinson, his failing was that he JUST COULDNT COACH!

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Good interview, glad he takes responsibility for his inept ability to get the Rams going. One thing i was thinking about the other day, Fisher drafted Goff, Donald, Gurley, Hekker and Zuerlein. 5 of the best players at their position and 3 who can be HOF players if they continue on their projection. As much as i give him crap, he did put McVay in a good spot when he came here.

If Fisher had ever developed a decent OL and brought in a quality OC, he might still be our coach. In 5 years Havenstein was his only drafted offensive lineman that made any difference. Fisher inherited Saffold. Injuries to Saffold & Jake Long at LT, as well as the disaster that would be Greg Robinson, protecting the QB was near impossible. The OG's & Centers were old retreads or something off the scrapheap, and watching Barksdale facing off against 3-4 defenses was pure comedy gold. Our receivers weren't much better, but those OL's were historically bad, ... laughably bad if it wasn't so painful to watch as a Rams fan.

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
Good interview!

I will always wonder what percent of the draft credit goes to Fish and what percent goes to Snead.

Just by looking at the draft talent on the O side of the ball, and the free agents we've picked up back then, I'd say Snead gave Fish the lead until it almost cost him his job. It seems, at least, that it is a more conjoined effort now with McVay.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Top 3 Offensive mind.
Top 3 Defensive mind.
Top 3 Special Teams mind.

Teams can't hijack them short of hiring Wade or Bones as HC which is extremely unlikely. So the Rams possess an unpoachable staff filled with top 3 coordinators in all three phases. Insane.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
BMM8nBP.png

I drafted everybody. Snead didn't do anything... ~ Jeffy

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
Never understood nor piled on the Fisher negativity

It’s really a shame he misplaced trust on the offensive coaching side and at the end of the day it cost him his job.

Said it before and I’ll say it again, I harbor zero ill will vs the stache, he left us in way better shape than which he inherited

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
I will always be thankful for Fisher taking our team from terrible to average. People forget how bad we SUCKED before he got here.

He could easily get a job as a DC somewhere if he wanted though, he would be very good at that.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Never understood nor piled on the Fisher negativity

It’s really a shame he misplaced trust on the offensive coaching side and at the end of the day it cost him his job.

Said it before and I’ll say it again, I harbor zero ill will vs the stache, he left us in way better shape than which he inherited
4-5 years and no winning record. Forget the playoffs, I think the Fisher's high water mark was 7-8-1. Too much time hoping, believing, and suffering abject disappointment,year after year. And then after all of that, he played the victim when he got canned (last team meeting). Sorry, he gets no pass from me.

TexasRam

Legend
Fisher could spot talent. No question.

Fisher could coach a defense.

His downfall was his outdated, ball control, play it safe offfensive philosophy.

Or as some have called it, his stubbornness or his ego.

Notice how Mcvay lets Wade have complete control of the defense.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Fisher could spot talent. No question.

Fisher could coach a defense.

His downfall was his outdated, ball control, play it safe offfensive philosophy.

Or as some have called it, his stubbornness or his ego.

Notice how Mcvay lets Wade have complete control of the defense.
Yeah! ~ Brian Quick