Jared Goffs Big Ol' Poll.... What??!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Jared Goff will be ____________?

• Total voters

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Next year will go a long way in telling us what we need to know. Kid makes some amazing throws when he has time though. Like... Dare I say... "elite" type throws.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I went with elite because

A im optimistic in general
And
B ) whilst I don't know much about footwork and mechanics and know as much about evaluating QB talent than I do about quantum physics ...but I've seen a lot of football and a lot of QB's and Goff just seems like an elite QB to me some of the throws he has made we haven't seen since warner and bulger (and yeah there's been some throws of the jamarcus Russell variety too ) .. but I think we get him some half decent talent he will elevate them

fearsomefour

Legend
Way too early to tell.
If I had to hazard a guess a B QB.
There is a lot to like, moves up in the pocket well, is pretty fearless in the pocket, arm strength and ability to throw is there.
Feet can be inconsistent and he is not very accurate.
Of curse, as is the post Martz tradition he is getting no help from his O line or receivers.
Better than average guy that can win a lot of games.

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
Against Seatle was the first time I got to see him in a full game. Was there mistakes? Yes. But I really liked the kid's foot work. He's very fluid in the pocket. I won't predict how he wil turn out. But given this year under his belt and a whole off season of work. I think we'll see something upwardly trending next year. I like the kid.

Zero

Pro Bowler
Feet can be inconsistent and he is not very accurate.
Footwork and accuracy were his major strengths in college.
I think they will once again be his strength when he is
more comfortable.You can see flashes of that accuracy
at times and the more he plays the more we will see
the things he showed in college.Right now he can't
get his plant foot down without defenders being in his face.
Hard to be consistently accurate under those circumstances.

WestCoastRam

Legend
I thought I had read (and from what I saw on youtube) that his accuracy mid range was great, okay long range but really had work to do on short range and throws near the line of scrimmage in regards to accuracy.

fearsomefour

Legend
Footwork and accuracy were his major strengths in college.
I think they will once again be his strength when he is
more comfortable.You can see flashes of that accuracy
at times and the more he plays the more we will see
the things he showed in college.Right now he can't
get his plant foot down without defenders being in his face.
Hard to be consistently accurate under those circumstances.
I'm not too worried about Goff actually.....it is the rest of the offense.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Watch the 2 minute drill in the 1st half against New Orleans and that will show you his potential

Elite

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Answer to the OP: Stud.

We've seen him do all those things. ;)

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
I voted Elite because I can see something in Goff that can bring this team back into this dimension. Goff will do superb beyond.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I voted fantastic but I see a potential for him growing into elite status. I was a Wentz guy. But I have to say that the more I have seen, the more I see a greater potential with Goff. There's the rub though - right? That damned P word. I still think Wentz was probably the safer choice. But what I have seen in Goff is the makings of some pretty amazing pocket presence that I don't recall seeing with a whole lot of rookies - including some pretty damn good ones.

To me there's a fine line between really good and elite. And it seems that the elite QBs have a couple things the really good ones don't have. Usually, that is system, elite O-line, and/or great receivers (PLURAL). Sometimes a QB can make his receivers great but only if he has one or two of the others. And I honestly believe that Brady, for example, is a really good QB that because of both his constantly great O-line and system (and... ahem.... underinflated balls, video tape of defenses......) has been able to be an elite QB without many great receivers. Warner was a pretty great QB with an avant garde system, very good receivers, and elite RB/receiver but only a mediocre O-line besides Pace.

If the stars align, you have an elite QB. If they don't, even the most talented QB is just really good. Let's hope the stars align for this kid because lord knows as fans, we are due.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Voted fantastic but I think he could be better than that. It all depends on how our next HC and OC are if he'll be able to grow beyond fantastic to me.

Ram65

Legend
A fantastic QB that will win a lot of games!

He has a lot of physical skills, quick feet with quick release, very good arm strength and good
accuracy. What will make him a fantastic QB or better is his desire. This kid isn't going to quit getting better.
He is going to work and will his way to the top.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
100 votes and at the moment 70.3% of ROD members surveyed believe Jared Goff will be a great QB.
The remaining 29.7% believe he will be average - above average.

Even if you consider the inescapable optimism expected from a fanbase, these results show that Rams fans are feeling confidence in our QB position. And that feels pretty damn good, doesn't it?
2016 wasn't the best year ever....but maybe it wasn't all a waste?

Last edited:

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
100 votes and at the moment 70.3% of ROD members surveyed believe Jared Goff will be a great QB.
The remaining 29.7% believe he will be average - above average.

Even if you consider the inescapable optimism expected from a fanbase, these results show that Rams fans are feeling confidence in our QB position. And that feels pretty damn good, doesn't it?
2016 wasn't the best year ever....but maybe it wasn't all a waste?

-- First off 2016 should have been about The Rams team & organization.

1. Nick Foles was already signed.
2.Seam Mannion is a early rd pick. He looked a lot better in games during the preseason season.
3.The price was very steep & The Rams needed depth. They let there DB's go.
4.Jason Smith & Bradford ?? Why invest in such a bad pattern after drafting Greg Robinson.

--Jared Goff as a QB ?? Wish he did not get takin out of the Sunday game.I saw that Utah game when he had 5 picks.
Jared Goff has all the tools & will to be a real good QB .He is what he is The Rams QB. Needs to add strenght & build team chemistry.

fearsomefour

Legend
I said Elite, because why wouldn't I? He has the skills, he needs the teammates.
And coaching.
Some of things, staring some guys down, being late on some throws, I would expect from any rookie/young QB. I think there are some technical things that need to be worked on as well. This is not being down on him at all. Hell, Marino had a QB coach.
Anyway, the coach is key. Installing an offense that maximizes the weapons that are around him in the passing game an most importantly plays to his strengths. This is key. A lot to consider for long term success with this next hire but that is objective number one.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
I hate it but I cannot for the life of me stop seeing Alex Smith in him Sam Bradford. Which is good and bad. He can win with a very talented team, but I just don't see him being the reason that there are a lot of wins.

Average. And that isn't worth what it cost to get him.