Jared Goffs Big Ol' Poll.... What??!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Jared Goff will be ____________?

• Total voters

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
So I want to know what ROD thinks about our rookie QB??

Be bold. Go with your gut.

We know all the caveats... needs to stay healthy... depends on the players around him etc...
We know all that, and it's true but... I want to get your raw, unfiltered thoughts.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Heaven Can Wait!
warren-beatty-gallery.jpg

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
He's good now, but he won't be great until the game slows down for him and he gets even average protection.
And a receiver or two that he can trust.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Average. He holds the ball to long which causes him to take sacks instead of throwing the ball away his ball security is terrible he ALWAYS fumble after a hit his accuracy is too hit and miss. He can make all the throws just depends on his feet being set he has good escapability and can scan the field good at times. I reserve the right to change my opinion after we get a real offensive line and coaching staff. But as of right now I see him as being just average. We can still win with average.

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
As of now I'll have to say Better Than Average, but Not Elite.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
Ceiling: Matt Ryan
Floor: Alex Smith

I don't think he'll be Brady, Brees, or Rodgers. I never did. I do think he can nip at their heels with the right supporting cast.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
Average is his arc. but that's not a bad thing since average can win a team lots of games. It's very hard to become average.
Ryan is average but when the Falcons put pieces around him he becomes near elite. That will help Goff the same way.
But the biggest improvement will be Goff figuring it out on his own. He's played QB for years, he's faced problems before and overcame them to get this far. He has to take that step again.

Fans buy in the myth of QB whisperers, there is no such thing. All the coaching in the world doesn't matter in the less of a 10th of a second the throw don't throw decision is made.

Debacled

Starter
I hate it but I cannot for the life of me stop seeing Alex Smith in him. Which is good and bad. He can win with a very talented team, but I just don't see him being the reason that there are a lot of wins.

Average. And that isn't worth what it cost to get him.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Alex Smith got more accurate with the ball through his career. One can only hope that's the case with Goff.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I'm all in with the kid. Smart, talented, tough, he's gonna grow into a fine QB. People forget he's a couple years younger than most too.

Zodi

Hall of Fame
I can see him having a Matt Ryan-like career. I think he'll be better than Alex Smith ever was, or ever will be.

FRO

Legend
He isn't a guy that can carry a team, but those QBs are extremely rare. Even guys we consider elites don't often do that. It takes a team. The Rams have absolutely nothing around him. The reason I was against the trade up had nothing to do with Goff. I really liked him as a prospect. It had everything to do with the support cast. After Bradford I realized a QB can make players around them better, but they can't do miracles. The supporting cast on the Rams is very bad. I worry his career may start in similar fashion to Bradford's where you have a very talented QB struggling along due to their surrounding circumstances.

Afro Ram

Pro Bowler
It's going to depend greatly on the next qb coach and offensive coordinator. He looks pretty predistian so far.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I went with "fantastic QB"... because saying he will be elite is a bit of a projection. :sneaky:

…..

Legend
I can see him having a Matt Ryan-like career. I think he'll be better than Alex Smith ever was, or ever will be.

I'll take that. This coulda been a playoff team with Alex Smith (y)

....and 4 offensive linemen.

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If he's not at least average we are in trouble for the next few years . In Goff we trust .

FRO

Legend
If he's not at least average we are in trouble for the next few years . In Goff we trust .
Agreed. Everybody points to the Redskins being fine despite the RGIII trade, but how much better would their team be with Janoris Jenkins, Alec Ogletree, and Khalil Mack to go with their already great offense? Their picks could have secured all three of those guys in 3 drafts. If Goff is Matt Ryan level good the trade is a success. If he is Alex Smith good the trade is fair. Anything below that the trade is a huge blow. If they don't upgrade the talent around him and the scheme, then the trade will go down as a horrible one for the Rams.