Jared Goff

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't want to be stuck defending the kid next year if he takes a step back from very good to above average.
Uh, too late for that Jrry... you've been tooting your Goff horn for far too long to try to talk us into "reasonable expectations" now. :ROFLMAO:

Nope, we are all expecting continued improvement, a super bowl win and an NFL first! Induction into the HOF BEFORE he retires!... all because of what you've told us about Goff! :LOL:

Did you see Hundley's last game? Versus the Minn. Vikings?? Bunch of dropped passes in that game...versus a TOP defense...he gets more points...higher rating...in an incredibly tough situation
Just me... but the ONLY quality thing the Extraordinarily Stupid Propaganda Network has ever produced is "30 for 30".

The rest of it? Garbage, including this made up stat and can't bee defended.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I think LAChamp makes these statements just to get a rise out of us
Train....you think this is true, huh?
The one complaint about Goff in this one was his work maneuvering the pocket as held the ball too long on a bad fumble and he finished just 2-for-12 for 25 yards when pressured.
and I don't necessarily like PFF...full disclosure there....but they can SEE pressure easier than other things...it's pretty basic...

I said before....when the plays are so well designed and drawn up....people are wide open...that's really not football in competitive games.....What happens when the windows are small...or not even open? What happens? What's going to happen with pressure? What happens when we get behind? What happens when Gurley isn't going Eric Dickerson? Or, when we face the 2017 equivalent of the '85 Bears???? What does the #1 overall pick do?

It seems that QBR.....several pundits...hell, even PFF in my view ( cause these guys are from a different country rating our game, lol)...no one knows what the hell they're talking about...in OUR opinions....but some...most even, are saying similar things....

Question is...who's right? Who's wrong???

Probably a little of both....;)

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
More points than who? They scored zero!
Only 2 trips in to Minnesota territory
Only drops I saw were dropped int...
yeah Yates is worse I’ll guve you that.
So there you have it, the only qb worse is the 4th stringer for Houston.
Even tho I taped that game....I never watched it completely....I saw a little of the 4th quarter....saw 2 drops just in that quarter...they showed a clip of the others...so I'd say 4 crucial drops...
Yates....and the guy that got in for him...don't even remember his name..are worse than Hundley...of course...my opinion.

And NO....for all those that care...I'm not saying Hundley is better than ANYONE....I just said he's not as bad as he looked...and clearly isn't the worse QB in the league at the moment...

What a fukin joke...if anyone really thinks there are 17 quarterbacks who are having better seasons than Goff...I don't know man, my mind reels at the insanity. And that's sayin something, because I work at a locked psychiatric facility, so I see crazy all the time...

I haven't looked at the overall QBR rankings....other than to see who did what on a weekly basis. I mainly look for stuff like 3rd down %%%....and of course, red zone %%%....we move the ball effectively between the 20's....I'm just curious what do you think happens in the redzone, finger? And if it's an indicator of some future troubles?

You know, there is a fine line between insanity and genius....maybe the slim-est extra thickness of a single chromosome. Or so I've heard.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Just me... but the ONLY quality thing the Extraordinarily Stupid Propaganda Network has ever produced is "30 for 30".

The rest of it? Garbage, including this made up stat and can't bee defended.
Must be a millennial....

ESPN came around and began this sports era we live in...they had crazy stuff then....ping pong....crazy stuff....they have changed, but without them, this sports popularity craze wouldn't be what it is, today. I can't bash a place that gave a sports nut like myself an outlet...

Trent Dilfer is actually good for the game....he works with young kids....mechanics mainly....he helped make Jared Goff, Jared Goff in fact....his camps are legendary. I can't see why you guys bash a dude trying to make the game more understandable...he's trying to show, statistically, what makes a great QB.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Guys its simple.

Jared Goff has benefitted from wearing a headset, having a coach and by playing with other people.

The other 31 QBs don't have those luxuries...

nighttrain

Legend
Train....you think this is true, huh?

and I don't necessarily like PFF...full disclosure there....but they can SEE pressure easier than other things...it's pretty basic...

I said before....when the plays are so well designed and drawn up....people are wide open...that's really not football in competitive games.....What happens when the windows are small...or not even open? What happens? What's going to happen with pressure? What happens when we get behind? What happens when Gurley isn't going Eric Dickerson? Or, when we face the 2017 equivalent of the '85 Bears???? What does the #1 overall pick do?

It seems that QBR.....several pundits...hell, even PFF in my view ( cause these guys are from a different country rating our game, lol)...no one knows what the hell they're talking about...in OUR opinions....but some...most even, are saying similar things....

Question is...who's right? Who's wrong???

Probably a little of both....;)
I'll put it like this, i hope you are clowning us with some of your posts regarding Goff, cuz what you say sometimes makes little sense. Goff has improved much since the start of the season, and I expect more good to come.
peace
train

Last edited:

tklongball

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If you can't calculate QBR yourself, then it is not a stat, it is propaganda. Once you start adding some nebulous 'Weighting' factor that can't be calculated or checked by anyone other than the 'enlightened' creators, then it is no longer a statistic.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Must be a millennial....
You got to try harder Champ... you're crystal ball is failing you. Couldn't be further from the truth... I'd lay good money I'm quite a bit older than you.. been a Rams fan for over 50 years. ;)

ESPN came around and began this sports era we live in...they had crazy stuff then....ping pong....crazy stuff....they have changed, but without them, this sports popularity craze wouldn't be what it is, today. I can't bash a place that gave a sports nut like myself an outlet...
Yeah, I was around then too, son. It was humble beginnings... groundbreaking... but the very thing that made them famous (first 24/7 sports network) caused their very demise (and, yes, they are in disarray now).

You see, others copied them... and, amongst numerous 24/7 all sports (or anything, like CNN) stations, they found themselves having to be bolder and bolder to maintain their motto "The world leader is sports entertainment". Yup, had to figure out ways to stay on top... what used to be inexpensive programming (ping pong, wrestling, etc.) was replaced with huge contracts to air major sports... immense pressure on the bottom line to deliver... more demands to gain viewership... meant more outrageous steps needed to be taken... more outrageous "takes" to get "hits"... etc. It all spiraled out of control to today, where Disney is having to buy other outlets to try and shore up the mess that is... ESPN. Got some change hanging around? Bet it that ESPN won't survive another 5 years, even with the Fox prop-up.

All that needing to be the "next big thing" and as controversial as possible leads me to?
Trent Dilfer is actually good for the game....he works with young kids....mechanics mainly....he helped make Jared Goff, Jared Goff in fact....his camps are legendary. I can't see why you guys bash a dude trying to make the game more understandable...he's trying to show, statistically, what makes a great QB.
Their very own stat! Forget that you can look at one game, two QBs with very different performances... one good, one bad.. and the bad one gets a higher ESPN rating.
It causes a stir... it creates hits on websites... it gets people worked up... it's the food that ESPN has got to have to remain in business.

Unfortunately, the food is going stale and rotting. Viewers are leaving in hordes.

As far as Dilfer and being a good man? I'm sure he is... but that's no excuse for supporting his terrible made-up statistic.

Stl2La

Hall of Fame
I hate to do this (because champ is usually so indefensibly wrong), but QBR is an efficiency metric not a talent or performance metric. Goff got sacked more, lost 2 fumbles, and didn't rush to make something out of nothing. From an efficiency standpoint in regards to the whole game they played, Mariota suffered slightly less "oh crap" plays despite having far fewer "wow" plays.

I think the idea of QBR has merit, but the implementation is terrible. Giving weight to someone about based on the caliber of the defense is a recipe for favoritism. And elevating efficiency above production also a disaster. But it could be done right. If somebody had the intent and the platform to do it correctly.

Goff lost 1 fumble and that fumble was on a handoff in which brown totally blew his block. Mariota also fumbled twice I believe. Was extremely lucky to get both of them back. Was sacked twice too though I don’t believe they counted Donald’s strip sack as a sack.

Last edited:

majrleaged

Hall of Fame

has anyone noticed that in every game the announcers bring up the fact mcvay is talking to goff until there's 15 seconds to go?

haha, freak me. this has become folklore now. seriously, is the nfl media this dumb?

they just can't let his play speak for itself. always have to come up with ways to discredit him.

you know, after the cheats were busted i never heard a single nfl media person say during a game or in any show, "now see how brady knew where to throw that pass, the patriots filmed the signals of every single team in the league and have some freak in the stands looking at them telling brady what's coming and where to throw the ball".

freaking arsewipes.

Yep, the league kisses the pats butts. the league tried a make up call and suspended Brady but it was to late. Hey by the way, anyone else think that the story about brady's incredible diet and sleep habits is just a cover story for the use of performance enhancing drugs he uses. I mean come on. People don't get better with age, not physically, no matter how many hrs of sleep you get. It's funny how Bostons favorite players like Brady and Poppy don't get scrutinizes for ageless play. You think brady ever gets tested? He has always been in on the cheating, he had to be. So we know he is a cheater, why does he get a pass. Sorry for the rant. I digress. I hate that guy and that team and I can go off sometimes.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
Goff lost 1 fumble and that fumble was on a handoff in which brown totally blew his block. Mariota also fumbled twice I believe. Was extremely lucky to get both of them back. Was sacked twice too though I don’t believe they counted Donald’s strip sack as a sack.
I forgot that he fumbled too. In that case, no clue. Weighted scores based on the defense? That's my best guess.

Stl2La

Hall of Fame
I forgot that he fumbled too. In that case, no clue. Weighted scores based on the defense? That's my best guess.

Even though Goff lost a fumble that makes him and Mariota even with 1 turnover a piece. Difference is Goff threw 4 tds and Mariota threw 0. I just don’t know how anyone could say Mariota desevered to have a higher rating than Goff that game. In the end it doesn’t matter so oh well. We got the W they can have the higher total QBR lol

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
The one complaint about Goff in this one was his work maneuvering the pocket as held the ball too long on a bad fumble and he finished just 2-for-12 for 25 yards when pressured.

Not a big fan of PFF. I do read their stuff, and check their grades of course, but they are just as prone to adjusting their grades based on personal bias as any other media source in this day and age of corrupt information.

Here's what it should have said, IMO:

Jared was not sharp in this game, and did not play well under pressure, however he still managed to come out of the game with a high end passer rating that is a testament to his ability to not stand in the way of the Rams winning. And that's a pretty good sign for a Rams team entering the playoffs with a young QB at the helm.

Ants

Starter
Goff's game was solid....but the Gurley TD's....one was wide open (scheme), one was all Gurley on a 5 yard screen that he ran for 80 yards....hell, I think Gurley caught the ball at the 15 yard line...so he threw a 3 yard or less pass, but was credited for 80. The pass to Watkins was another easy one....

Funny, but when Joe Montana threw 5 yard passes to Craig, Rice, and Taylor and watched them run for 50 YAC, that just made Montana that much better, right? :deadhorse:

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Funny, but when Joe Montana threw 5 yard passes to Craig, Rice, and Taylor and watched them run for 50 YAC, that just made Montana that much better, right? :deadhorse:
On that note I give you this.

DSE5lBLX4AEZmEu.jpg

Funny to how the longest pass completed in the air this year belongs to one Jared Goff. But don't tell the doubters that.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I'll put it like this, i hope you are clowning us with some of your posts regarding Goff, cuz what you say sometimes makes little sense. Goff has improved much since the start of the season
I wasn't on Goff this post....I actually liked his last game...It was a good game, vs a playoff contender...we had to battle back...late in the game...once the discussion turned into a "QBR sucks" topic, of course I defended the QBR....just because we don't understand it completely yet...doesn't mean it's a useless stat. Never knew who was rated higher in this game....
He's made incredible strides....INCREDIBLE.....In 2 weeks, we'll see actually how far he's come.

You got to try harder Champ... you're crystal ball is failing you. Couldn't be further from the truth... I'd lay good money I'm quite a bit older than you.. been a Rams fan for over 50 years. ;)
You know I was joking....just didn't use blue font....
Their very own stat! Forget that you can look at one game, two QBs with very different performances... one good, one bad.. and the bad one gets a higher ESPN rating.

ust don’t know how anyone could say Mariota desevered to have a higher rating than Goff that game.

Jared was not sharp in this game, and did not play well under pressure
This is what I believe as well, he was rated down because of his effectiveness against pressure....and possibly Marriota did better under pressure....he seemed to play pretty well in the 2nd half.

I know the fumble, returned for a TD, was also a huge factor....was it his fault....no....blame Brown....went the wrong way on the play(the play was strange too, Brown usually does that arm thingy b4 the snap, and on this play he didn't. Maybe practiced his lyrics too much:rolllaugh:)

But Merl called it...he wasn't "sharp"....it was obvious to those (US here at ROD) that have watched him the entire season. Especially in the face of pressure....and probably Marriota was...

In the end it doesn’t matter so oh well. We got the W they can have the higher total QBR lol
Exactly....why anyone jumps on topics....so vehemently....seems, ironic? I never said Goff played poorly...didn't say he played well....he did what was needed.

If we play the Panthers, Seahawks, or Falcons, he probably needs to play better in the wildcard game.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Funny, but when Joe Montana threw 5 yard passes to Craig, Rice, and Taylor and watched them run for 50 YAC, that just made Montana that much better, right?
And if Joe didn't have Rice & Taylor...what would happen then?

Badfinger

RamStalk Refugee
Name
-
Im gonna say this one last time and real slow for the few here having trouble understanding it. QBR...is SUBJECTIVE, and therefore not a STATISTIC, but rather, an OPINION...It has about as much value as getting all of our wives and girlfriends together, and having them vote on which QB has the best tooshie.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Behold the latest from PFF:

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/nfl-qb-rankings-by-pff-grade-after-week-16

NFL QB Rankings by PFF grade after Week 16
BY PFF ANALYSIS TEAM

PFF Analysts Steve Palazzolo and Zac Robinson give you an overview of every team’s quarterback, and where they rank in terms of overall PFF grade as well as detailed notes on a select few who stood out for good, or bad, reasons in Week 16. These rankings are based on their overall grades after Week 16.

17. JARED GOFF, LOS ANGELES RAMS79.8 OVERALL GRADE

1716-17-1024x576.jpg

Goff had another solid game, though the stats look extra pretty due to an 80-yard screen pass for a touchdown by RB Todd Gurley as well as an easy flat route for a score to Gurley on a busted coverage.

On the day, Goff finished 6-for-10 for 97 yards on 10-plus yard throws, including perhaps his best throw of the day, a well-placed corner route to WR Cooper Kupp for a 14-yard score.

haha.

those tds goff threw were so easy for him we decided to downgrade his effort. never mind that he ran the play as called and put the ball on the money it just looked all too easy for us.