Jared GOFF vs Carson WENTZ after 3 years

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Both have done really well and been very good. I asked the question once, has 2 QB's ever gone 1 and 2 that both had great careers and won a SB?
1st and 2nd QB taken? Or 1st 2 picks? Because 1st 2 picks has only happened like 5 or 6 times and IIRC, Luck and RGIII were the first ones to both make the playoffs

coconut

Pro Bowler
Name
coconut
Goff gets the nod by far. Durability is key which Goff has thus far demonstrated. Eagles were fortunate the otherwise devastating (most of the time) reality of losing their starting QB didn't cost them a Super Bowl. The Rams with Goff have been able to progress as an offense each season. Durability in a QB leads to continuity and stability with an offense.

coconut

Pro Bowler
Name
coconut
I don't hate Bulger. He played his last few seasons for the Rams as a tackling dummy being coached by a dummy. He was ragdolled more than any QB should ever be subjected.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I don't hate Bulger. He played his last few seasons for the Rams as a tackling dummy being coached by a dummy. He was ragdolled more than any QB should ever be subjected.

Here we go....

:headexplosion:

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
What interviews?

I have tried to find this interview and I am coming up short.

His answer was in reference to a career like Belichick. Sean talked about how the job is very demanding and that he doesn't know that he ultimately will be a head coach for that long due to those demands. Also in relation to how he obsesses over it, he's doing things to keep himself from getting burnt out

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Battle of the Bulger!:rimshot:

LOL
Marc 'Timex' Bulger, taking a licking and keeps on ticking ...

On September 10, 2006, in a game against the Denver Broncos, Bulger reached 1,000 completions faster than any quarterback in NFL history. Bulger achieved this in 45 games, two games less than ex-Rams QB Kurt Warner. Drew Bledsoe and Peyton Manning needed 48 games, and it took Dan Marino 49.
If only he had an OL.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3gC1KMNbBc&frags=pl%2Cwn

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Xsu0vjbE_k&frags=pl%2Cwn

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Nick Foles & Case Keenum we’re not a bad combo. What happens if The Rams keep the picks ??
Truth be told, The Rams are in a good space. It’s about the now & Jared Goff !!
He might not have won a SuperBowl like Foles against NE though.
I do think Goff is the better fit for The Rams & should be The QB for years to come !! Hopefully a HOF career.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
I asked the question once, has 2 QB's ever gone 1 and 2 that both had great careers and won a SB?

As DB said, the answer is "no". Here's the 1-2's dating back to 1950.

1954 Bobby Garrett (Stanford; Cleveland Browns) #1; Lamar McHan (Arkansas; Chicago Cardinals) #2
1971 Jim Plunkett (Stanford; Boston Patriots) #1; Archie Manning (Mississippi; New Orleans Saints) #2
1993 Drew Bledsoe (Washington; New England) #1; Rick Mirer (Notre Dame; Seattle Seahawks) #2
1998 Peyton Manning (Tennessee; Indianapolis) #1; Ryan Leaf (Washington St.; San Diego) #2
1999 Tim Couch (Kentucky; Cleveland Browns) #1; Donovan McNabb (Syracuse; Philadelphia) #2
2012 Andrew Luck (Stanford; Indianapolis) #1; Robert Griffen III (Baylor; Washington Redskins) #2
2015 Jameis Winston (Florida St.; Tampa Bay) #1; Marcus Mariota (Oregon; Tennessee Titans) #2
2016 Jared Goff (California; LA Rams) #1; Carson Wentz (N.Dakota St.; Philadelphia Eagles) #2

IMHO, the best 1-2 as far as careers go were Jim Plunkett (#1) and Archie Manning (#2) in 1971. Plunkett enjoyed an up and down career but once he got out of New England (wow the irony eh?) and ended up in Oakland after a brief stay in SF, he shined. 8 years as a Raider, 4 playoff appearances, 2 Superbowl wins. Manning was drafted by a crappy team (like Plunkett) but unfortunately for him, didn't get out of town for 10 and half years. Nor did he win much in New Orleans (35-91-3) but he didn't win a single game (0-10) after he left for Houston then Minnesota. He did win the City of New Orleans (where he probably never paid for a cocktail or a meal), raised his sons there, and as we know two of them were Superbowl winners. All the other 1-2's prior to Winston/Mariota and Goff/Wentz had a good/great QB and a bust. And it's likely one or both of those last two will have the same.

Three Stanford guys appear on that list as well as the Browns, Patriots, Colts and Eagles twice. From 71 on, the QBs I saw play, the worst choices have to be Ryan Leaf and Rick Mirer with RG3 a close third. 5 of them have appeared in a Superbowl, two have won at least one and Goff is the first to appear in a Superbowl since Manning (2009).

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I admittedly wanted Wentz, and while I still think he'll be a good quarterback, I wouldn't trade what we have now in Goff. Goff is untouchable, in my opinion, and I hope we re-sign him to a long-term deal.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
The not very interesting part of this is that every 6th shot is perfectly timed.

This is the guy who taught me timing, ...

de53ef903ca89529ff211a71715f4dc6.jpg

Last edited:

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
As DB said, the answer is "no". Here's the 1-2's dating back to 1950.

1954 Bobby Garrett (Stanford; Cleveland Browns) #1; Lamar McHan (Arkansas; Chicago Cardinals) #2
1971 Jim Plunkett (Stanford; Boston Patriots) #1; Archie Manning (Mississippi; New Orleans Saints) #2
1993 Drew Bledsoe (Washington; New England) #1; Rick Mirer (Notre Dame; Seattle Seahawks) #2
1998 Peyton Manning (Tennessee; Indianapolis) #1; Ryan Leaf (Washington St.; San Diego) #2
1999 Tim Couch (Kentucky; Cleveland Browns) #1; Donovan McNabb (Syracuse; Philadelphia) #2
2012 Andrew Luck (Stanford; Indianapolis) #1; Robert Griffen III (Baylor; Washington Redskins) #2
2015 Jameis Winston (Florida St.; Tampa Bay) #1; Marcus Mariota (Oregon; Tennessee Titans) #2
2016 Jared Goff (California; LA Rams) #1; Carson Wentz (N.Dakota St.; Philadelphia Eagles) #2

IMHO, the best 1-2 as far as careers go were Jim Plunkett (#1) and Archie Manning (#2) in 1971. Plunkett enjoyed an up and down career but once he got out of New England (wow the irony eh?) and ended up in Oakland after a brief stay in SF, he shined. 8 years as a Raider, 4 playoff appearances, 2 Superbowl wins. Manning was drafted by a crappy team (like Plunkett) but unfortunately for him, didn't get out of town for 10 and half years. Nor did he win much in New Orleans (35-91-3) but he didn't win a single game (0-10) after he left for Houston then Minnesota. He did win the City of New Orleans (where he probably never paid for a cocktail or a meal), raised his sons there, and as we know two of them were Superbowl winners. All the other 1-2's prior to Winston/Mariota and Goff/Wentz had a good/great QB and a bust. And it's likely one or both of those last two will have the same.

Three Stanford guys appear on that list as well as the Browns, Patriots, Colts and Eagles twice. From 71 on, the QBs I saw play, the worst choices have to be Ryan Leaf and Rick Mirer with RG3 a close third. 5 of them have appeared in a Superbowl, two have won at least one and Goff is the first to appear in a Superbowl since Manning (2009).

Great stuff....Thanks! I would agree on the Plunkett, Manning too. I would say Goff and Wentz should shatter what they did. Both promising young QBs.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les

Only three of those guys have played in a SB.

Plunkett, Manning and Goff. The other 11 have never been, or were injured (Wentz).
And WOW look at the number of flat out busts in that list.

Mirer, Leaf, Couch, Griffen, Winston, Mariota...............almost half are useless.

More buts than guys who got to the SB.

And there are several that never amounted to much either.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Only three of those guys have played in a SB.

Plunkett, Manning and Goff. The other 11 have never been, or were injured (Wentz).
And WOW look at the number of flat out busts in that list.

Mirer, Leaf, Couch, Griffen, Winston, Mariota...............almost half are useless.

More buts than guys who got to the SB.

And there are several that never amounted to much either.

You forgetting Bledsoe in 1997 against Green Bay? And McNabb in 2004 throwing up in the huddle vs New England. At least Jared didn't do that!!!!!