Jared Goff suffered from one of the highest drop rates in the NFL last year.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Scirca

Rookie
His receivers dropped 16 on 128 catchable passes according to PFF.
He has the 2nd highest adjusted completion percentage among all QB's. 54.6 % --> 67.3 %. There is a
+12.7 % difference. No wonder Sean McVay was turning his head in disgust as soon as Les Snead said "for the love of god we need pass catchers." For those of you wondering when this happened, it was the last episode on ALL or Nothing Season 2.

DEOOKJ-XUAEUIkq.jpg

Last edited:

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
........ No wonder Sean McVay was turning his head in disgust as soon as Les Snead said "for the love of god we need pass catchers.".......
Kenny Britt, Brian Quick & Lance Kendricks came to McVay's mind :rant:real fast. Should send a direct signal to the 1 4yr vet. Tavon Austin & his 15 million $$ paycheck. TA started 15 games last season.

Selecting a TE with our top pick should also speak volumes to Tyler Higbee who played in 16 games & started 7 of them & caught only 11 passes. Bradley Marques played in 14 games & has is entering his 3rd season. Lastly Pharoh Cooper our 2016 4th rd selection played in 10 games & started 3 had a bumpy beginning with only catching 14 balls but did come on in the last 4 games with 10 catches. We have discussed Mike Thomas rookie drop-see season to. Thomas played in 15 games too.

nighttrain

Legend
Kenny Britt, Brian Quick & Lance Kendricks came to McVay's mind :rant:real fast. Should send a direct signal to the 1 4yr vet. Tavon Austin & his 15 million $$ paycheck. TA started 15 games last season.

Selecting a TE with our top pick should also speak volumes to Tyler Higbee who played in 16 games & started 7 of them & caught only 11 passes. Bradley Marques played in 14 games & has is entering his 3rd season. Lastly Pharoh Cooper our 2016 4th rd selection played in 10 games & started 3 had a bumpy beginning with only catching 14 balls but did come on in the last 4 games with 10 catches. We have discussed Mike Thomas rookie drop-see season to. Thomas played in 15 games too.
just wondering, how may times has Higbee targeted
train

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave

My Man Spruce can catch the ball! OH! ... That's right ... he was on IR all season! This year he'll make up for lost time!!(y):D

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
This also doesn't mention how three or so if his interceptions were deflections that should have been receptions. That's why I had no fucks given about his bad first year. It was hardly all his fault.

LARams_1963

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
greg
Another little factoid, I think at least 3 if not more of Goff's INT's were right off receivers hands.

LARams_1963

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
greg
This also doesn't mention how three or so if his interceptions were deflections that should have been receptions. That's why I had no fucks given about his bad first year. It was hardly all his fault.

Think we posted simultaneously....:D

fearsomefour

Legend

Austin easily has the worst hands in terms of drops.
Britt and Quick were about average in terms of drop rate.
None of the Ram receivers were exceptional.
Hopefully the new group is better.

fearsomefour

Legend
Another little factoid, I think at least 3 if not more of Goff's INT's were right off receivers hands.
No excuse.
If that doesn't fly for other Ram QBs Goff gets no free pass, pun intended.
He is also 0-7 as a starter.
Cut him (blue font).

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
And Quick cut off his route at end of the whiner game. I figure at least 4 of Goff's INT's were on the WRs.

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
I never like to use the ball bouncing off a receiver's hands for an INT as an excuse for anyone. A pick is a pick.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I think a lot of these "Drops and Non-Catches" can be attributed to the fact Fisher & Co. Didn't Drill Technique into the Players!
McVay & Co. on the other hand are pushing " Technique! - Technique! - Technique! I think this approach will push the Rams Offense into the Top 12 right-out-of-the-Gate!! Game#1 vs The Colts!! JMHO

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The interceptions don't concern me it's the loss possessions on his fumbles that really pissed me off because all of them came when he saw the rush coming he just can't hang onto the ball. The guy is going to throw picks if he throw less then 15 I would be amazed and very pleased but I think he throws 15 or more

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
The rule of the practice they showed in All or Nothing's last episode: "no ball hits the ground."

This staff gets it. Practice the way you want to play. No more of that we'll turn it on come game time nonsense.