Jared Goff suffered from one of the highest drop rates in the NFL last year.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

please god, can the season start already.

48ca7d3f4b9f0.jpg

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Also Dan Marino and Big Ben are the only ones who had decent rookie seasons out of that group.

John Elway
123-259 1,663 yds 7 TDs 14 INTs

Warren Moon
259-450 3,338 yds 12 TDs 14 INTs

Aaron Rodgers
0-0 0 yds 0 TDs 0 INTs

Phillip Rivers
5-8 33 yds 1 TD 0 INT

Big Ben
196-295 2,261 Yds 17 TDs 11 INTs

Oh and I know you didn't mention him but Troy Aikman went 0-11 his rookie year. Eli Manning was AWFUL his first season. So no, these guys wouldn't have done any better then Goff. You're letting your hate flow through you.
I remember Troy's rookie season....man he took a pounding....stood in an tried....the main thing I remember about Troy...being a avid Bruin fan...he didn't get the reps early in his college career throwing the ball...he came from Oklahoma....
I can barely remember Eli....I was a lil pissed they benched Kurt...I'm sure the team was too...While I can't take anything away from his game, something about Eli....I never liked the way he turned around after he threw the ball in the face of pressure...but obviously he has talent.
Elway I do remember...he was one of the best college players I ever saw...He was a HS stud in football and baseball...He was around when it was cool to watch the HS championship game at Dodger stadium. Now, if you wanna talk about a guy with no help...that's Elway. And Denver when he got there was awful. The Rams in 2016 were NOT awful....and while I can't prove it, I can almost guarantee that if JOHN ELWAY was on the RAMS in 2016, he would have STARTED...and won SEVERAL GAMES.

Our team was based around Todd Gurley...and still should be...Most of the coverage's were pretty simple because of the focus on the RB. Of course we had some drops...but a lot of time, there were receivers open. and instead of finding them, our QB's seemed to revert to throwing to....whom almost everyone agrees is our "weapon"....smh....

I can't prove any of my claims...about who would have performed with our offense....I just have an opinion that the QB's I listed...and trust me, there are more that some of you probably never heard of...Couch, Pennington, Carr (the older one), Green...too many...that when faced with blitzes, and man to man coverage's, can deliver an accurate ball on time, in a Boras offense. I am NOT of the opinion that Boras is the worst offensive mind of all time (SChotty wasn't either)...Goff isn't the worst QB of all time....This collection of events...the offensive line, the wide receivers, the QB, the scheme, the climate/state of affairs with the entire offensive staff....worked together as some sort of toxic mix. It's never just one thing.
And now, we leave it up to McVay...without a first round pick...without ONE offensive line draft pick...to fix it.

Amari Cooper, Michael Crabtree, and Clive Walford want a word with you.
Ok, okaaaay....I meant they were terrible in terms of drops...especially Crab and Coop. LOLOLOL

Those two are pretty dynamic...even WITH drops...wouldn't you say????

Goes to the point, drops happen...do you throw to the guy again to instill trust? Or do you freeze him out?
Imagine Carr going a whole half without throwing to Crab or Coop...or only giving them 2 targets in a game? Never would happen...wanna know why? Real QB's keep their receivers happy...and well fed.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Carson Wentz last 7 starts:
1,661 yards
7 touchdowns
9 interceptions
59.9 comp %

Yeah you wanna try that again big guy?
You got something against Wentz....cool....I can see where he's a player....the season will solve all of this...I'll leave it at that.

LOL at the Phins not having a good team around Marino in 83. Nat Moore, Mark Duper, Tony Nathan, Mark Clayton , Fulton Walker....the Killer B's on defense....yeah, terrible. Weren;t they one year removed from a Super Bowl????
In 1982, the Dolphins had the leagues worst passing offense
However, the Dolphins' passing attack, led by quarterback David Woodley, ranked last in the league with 1,401 total yards, 8 touchdowns, and 13 interceptions. One of the few bright spots in the Dolphins passing attack was wide receiver Jimmy Cefalo, who gained 356 yards off just 17 receptions, an average of 20.9 yards per catch. Wide receiver Duriel Harrisalso provided a deep threat with 22 receptions for 331 yards.

But Miami's strength on offense was their running game, ranking 3rd in the league with 1,344 yards. Pro Bowl running back Andra Franklin was the team's top rusher with 701 yards and 7 touchdowns. Running back Tony Nathan rushed for 233 yards, and caught 16 passes for another 114 yards. Woodley himself also recorded 207 rushing yards and 2 touchdowns. One reason for the Dolphins' rushing success was the blocking of their offensive line, led by future hall of fame center Dwight Stephenson, along with Pro Bowlers Bob Kuechenberg and Ed Newman.[1]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1982_Miami_Dolphins_season
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/mia/1982_roster.htm

I'm a lil mixed up...but I remember they had a terrible offense...I was wrong, it was the passing game. It was thought by many that the great Don Shula couldn't adapt to the new style of offenses...This was around the time of Dan/Don...Croyale?....he was doing wonderful things in San Diego...I think...yeah just checked, Miami beat San Diego in the playoffs....they didn't have Duper or Clayton...but they were the Killer B's on defense. Damn....they went to the Super Bowl with that team???
Anyhoots, enter Dan Marino...1983.....add in Duper Clayton...and the same team replaces Woodley around game 3....mid game....and the offense takes off. He later became the full time starter...around game 5.
David Woodley started the team's first five games but despite wins over Buffalo, New England, and Kansas City the offense didn't move to Don Shula's liking so in Week Six hosting the Bills the rookie Marino started. Marino had completed two touchdown throws in relief of Woodley in a 27–14 loss to the Raiders and then replaced Woodley during a 17–7 loss to the Saints with a touchdown and an interception, so the game against Buffalo was the third of his career but his first start. The game proved to be a wild affair as Robb Riddick of the Bills fumbled the opening kickoff at their 17 but Marino was intercepted by Steve Freeman on the next play. The Bills clawed to a 14–7 halftime lead but the Dolphins behind Marino stayed toe to toe as Marino threw for 370 yards and four touchdowns while handing off to Mark Clayton on an option pass for a touchdown to Mark Duper. The Bills tied the game in the final seconds and two Uwe von Schamann field goal attempts missed before Joe Danelo ended the game in a 38–35 Bills win.

Despite the loss Marino's performance cemented his role as the team's starter, and the Dolphins raced to win nine of their last ten games. Marino finished with 2,210 passing yards, 20 touchdowns, and six interceptions.

So, yeah...the team added pieces the same year Dan came...he didn't begin the season as a starter...and the players...the offense AND defense played better while Dan played...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1983_Miami_Dolphins_season

I get fired up about Dan Marino.....my grandma...and dad...loved that team.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
In 1982, the Dolphins had the leagues worst passing offense

That's fine, but I was responding to the quote below. The team around Marino that season had just come off a SB and would go back a few years later with Marino. Marino >>>>>> Woodley, haha. I think we can all agree on that!

Dan Marino....greatest QB...ever...and NO...the Phins didn't have a good team around him Merl.

I get fired up about Dan Marino.....my grandma...and dad...loved that team.

For what its worth, the Phins were the only other NFL team I have ever been a fan of. I loved them (and the Rams) in the early 80s and was the only one at my parents SB party rooting for them to beat the Skins in 83. I live in the DC area and HATE the Foreskins. I LOVED me some Marino as well......

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I remember Troy's rookie season....man he took a pounding....stood in an tried....the main thing I remember about Troy...being a avid Bruin fan...he didn't get the reps early in his college career throwing the ball...he came from Oklahoma....
Troy was terrible as a rookie, Steve Walsh was better than him. I was a big Aikman fan, loved the reclamation story. Watched the game he broke his leg and Jamelle Hollaway took over, became a fan of both players. But Troy, he was just bad in Dallas, and not sure where missing reps at Oklahoma hurt him, he had plenty at UCLA in his 2 seasons there. (over 600 PA)

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
not sure where missing reps at Oklahoma hurt him,
Most dudes need reps...come on db......the more the merrier...and Dallas wasn't Dallas just yet...I think they either just traded Hershel or were about to....and all the pieces they acquired hadn't quite turned into much yet...Compare Troys attempts to say.....Doug Flutie....or say a Drew Brees...Hell, Rodney Pete had more passing attempts in college.
The team around Marino that season had just come off a SB and would go back a few years later with Marino. Marino >>>>>> Woodley, haha. I think we can all agree on that!
Oh yeah...they were a SB team...with a terrible offense...rather passing game. Sound familiar??? Marino was to Woodley, what I thought Goff was to Keenum. Get my drift?;)

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Most dudes need reps...come on db......the more the merrier...and Dallas wasn't Dallas just yet...I think they either just traded Hershel or were about to....and all the pieces they acquired hadn't quite turned into much yet...Compare Troys attempts to say.....Doug Flutie....or say a Drew Brees...Hell, Rodney Pete had more passing attempts in college.
But he had the reps. 2 years as a starter is plenty. Tom Brady had less, Aaron Rodgers had less, Cam Newton less, Carson Wentz less....
Aikman had more reps in college than Steve Walsh who as a fellow rookie actually played a little better...

…..

Legend
You can spin last seasons ugliness in multiple ways with multiple primary targets. This article is merely one of those. Its all blah blah blah to me.

I cant believe ya'll found a way to take it so seriously.

Lets go Rams in 2017!