Jared Goff suffered from one of the highest drop rates in the NFL last year.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I just don't see any QB thriving in that situation.
I could give you several....John Elway, Waren Moon, Dan Marino, Aaron Rodgers...probably Phillip Rivers, Big Ben....oh yeah, Carson Wentz.

Several QB's....not just HOF'ers....and probably a few walking around right now.

WestCoastRam

Legend
No doubt that our receivers were dropping catchable balls all over the place and tht alone will go a long way to making him more successful... but for Goff to take the next step he'll have to develop more touch with his velocity and become a bit more accurate. He did have moments were he was throwing high or behind when the receivers got their hands on the ball.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I could give you several....John Elway, Waren Moon, Dan Marino, Aaron Rodgers...probably Phillip Rivers, Big Ben....oh yeah, Carson Wentz.

Several QB's....not just HOF'ers....and probably a few walking around right now.
Doing better than Goff did? Probably. But thriving?? Definitely not.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member

Not rookie season brother. No way any rook comes into that nightmare of a situation and excels.

And again go look up rookie seasons for the greatest QBs. Very, very few of them started out hot. To the point where rookie season production is a complete non-indicator for what to expect.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Not rookie season brother. No way any rook comes into that nightmare of a situation and excels.
Dan Marino....greatest QB...ever...and NO...the Phins didn't have a good team around him Merl.

I'd give A-Rod a shot with this bunch too...Closest thing to Dan M. Marino with wheels.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes

Carson Wentz last 7 starts:
1,661 yards
7 touchdowns
9 interceptions
59.9 comp %

Yeah you wanna try that again big guy?

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Also Dan Marino and Big Ben are the only ones who had decent rookie seasons out of that group.

John Elway
123-259 1,663 yds 7 TDs 14 INTs

Warren Moon
259-450 3,338 yds 12 TDs 14 INTs

Aaron Rodgers
0-0 0 yds 0 TDs 0 INTs

Phillip Rivers
5-8 33 yds 1 TD 0 INT

Big Ben
196-295 2,261 Yds 17 TDs 11 INTs

Oh and I know you didn't mention him but Troy Aikman went 0-11 his rookie year. Eli Manning was AWFUL his first season. So no, these guys wouldn't have done any better then Goff. You're letting your hate flow through you.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
LOL at the Phins not having a good team around Marino in 83. Nat Moore, Mark Duper, Tony Nathan, Mark Clayton , Fulton Walker....the Killer B's on defense....yeah, terrible. Weren;t they one year removed from a Super Bowl????

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
D. Carr had the worst drop percentage....His receivers were the worst in the league...I haven't heard one excuse why his season wasn't better...

Amari Cooper, Michael Crabtree, and Clive Walford want a word with you. And his offensive line was easily one of the best in the league.

Last edited:

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
LOL at the Phins not having a good team around Marino in 83. Nat Moore, Mark Duper, Tony Nathan, Mark Clayton , Fulton Walker....the Killer B's on defense....yeah, terrible. Weren;t they one year removed from a Super Bowl????
How about that o-line??Stephenson, keuchenberg and newman were perennial all pro.
Still, Marino would have played better than Goff though

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
How about that o-line??Stephenson, keuchenberg and newman were perennial all pro.
Still, Marino would have played better than Goff though
You take any of the QBs mentioned coming out of collage and put them in the same situation as Goff and you will get the same result as we got with Goff. Marino was good. Dak was good. Big Ben was good. Every single one of them walked onto teams with excellent coaching staffs (Marino had Shula for Christ sake), dominant offensive lines, great running games and established receiving cores. You can't compare.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
We're not sugar coating shit. Those numbers mean absolutely nothing. I hate PFF. It's ruined the game for me because people just crunch numbers and don't look at actual tape. How can you say Goff didn't suffer because of the Rams? The offense was PUTRID last year. Literally everyone was bad. Kenny Britt got his 1000 yards from a couple good games and garbage time. He was the lone "bright spot". I can't even properly evaluate Goff based on what I saw from the rest of the team. He made enough good throws to show me he has potential. That's what matters for this season.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Pretty much the same numbers, no?

No where close actually. 5 touchdowns 7 interceptions 5 fumbles 3 touchdowns came in 1 game. No Wins..

The problem I have when people bring up wentz last 7 games is that it's used to justify how he isn't all that good when Goff 7 games were terrible and this was with little tape on him from defensive coordinators but somehow Wentz is terrible after defenses have film on him.make it make sense to me.