Jared Goff, Sean McVay push back against claims that Rams’ play-calling is ‘cheating’ or ‘immoral’

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RedRam

Pro Bowler
"Chris Simms" and "NFL quarterback" in the same sentence is more immoral than what McVay is doing...

Hekker should get to punt Simms in the cubes as retribution!

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
Chris Simms said it... that the Rams are cheating this way? Then that's all I needed to know. He's still butt-hurt that he couldn't be anywhere near like his dad...just an NFL failure crying. Next.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
Wouldn't it be justice if we end up beating the Cheatriots in the superbowl, and are accused of cheating to win?

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
Chris Sims has always been a dick.
This is no change for him.

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Matt Lauer has been cheating and has been immoral. I think Chris Sims got his news wires crossed.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Listening to Chris Simms talk about football is a migraine trigger...

Yeah, he's been in an NFL huddle and I respect THAT. He can't evaluate NFL talent worth a damn. No blue font.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah it’s cheating ... because every other coach after the play call has been relayed all other coaches talk about what they are going to have for dinner or where they are going on holiday

I mean it’s not like we record other teams signals or deflate balls and shit

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Simms to himself - " Why didn't my coaches make me do the no-huddle so they could help me be great by calling out audible for me? If they would have done it for me, I would be bound for the Hall of Fame. Now Jarred might be taking the spot that should have been mine. I have to stop this now!"

I often wonder if Phil Simms even hates Chris.

Last edited:

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
BTW I said it in the other thread... this technique is a great way to get a kid who played in a spread all his life to transition to the NFL game You can't beat learning on the job. I imagine this will become the norm since every college runs a form of spread offense. It eases them into the decision making process.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Haters gonna hate. Simms has been critical of Goff before he was even drafted. He's just reaching for reasons to take away the Rams success now.

Actually Simms always reminded me of Brady................................Jan Brady.

"Jared, Jared, Jared. Why is it always Jared? I'm pretty too." - Jan Simms

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
The media is nothing more than a modern day lynch mob. Don't need facts, hang em high.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
This was always such a non-story, it's ridiculous. Just the pundits' last ditch smear campaign because they were all so wrong about Goff and this year's Rams.

And Chris Simms is a moronic tool if anyone didn't already know that.

thats a bit harsh... some tools are useful

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
Simms is simply a wanna be QB, I honestly think he's jealous of what Goff is doing this year. Simms' stat sheet reads like Goff's from last year - he just wishes he had a McVay when he was playing.

ALL OC's / HC's / DC's do this - it happened on the Rams last year too, so why didn't we win? The rules are there for a reason - c'mon Simms, do you think if McVay calls a play, then a second later, see's the D matching the play, he's not gong to throw in a different play - the coaches are there to help teams win - Fukwit.

If thats how McVay and Goff work best, and it's within the rules, then go suck on it. I will not watch / read anything you spew out from here on.

Sappy113

Rookie
I don't even understand how this could be construed as cheating - it's right there in the rulebook, communication allowed until the 15 second mark. Does Simms provide any arguments for why it's cheating and "immoral"? It's just baffling to me to suggest it's "immoral", as if there's some all-encompassing philosophical morality about QBing that all coaches and players MUST follow. Weird!

IBruce80

Tokyo Ram
Keep up the good work, McVay.
It's a stylistic approach that is working.
Our coach new head coach has brought so many positives into this team and should be applauded for it.