Jared Goff post game presser Playoff edition.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
OFF TOPIC!! How many of you out there noticed Goff's Proud Papa, in the stands, when Jared got his 1st TD Pass in the Playoff's!?! The Crowd was going crazy patting Daddy on the back!:D
Yep. That was cool. Can't imagine the pride he had at that moment.

qRtGsqrlRKSfM8UeK8vFtA.jpeg

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
That was a beautiful play

I said in another post my 3 largest concerns going into the season were;

1. Can we get Gurley back he was off and the team was off last year and even at the beginning of pre season he wasn't there yet. Well Todd is back playing with even more drive and confidence
2. Can the kid coach at this level and be the guy? I believe he can he is young and needs some more time and wisdom but boy is he mature and gifted,
3. Will Goff ever be a good to great starting QB. Well Jared more than anyone really impressed me coo, tough, talented and the guys really believe in him.

That really makes for a strong and encouraging start to a team.

Only a very small part of me says hey they did better than I thought. My mind just doesn't work like that. You must seize the opportunity while it is within your grasp. History shows that 1 playoff appearance does not necessarily breed another. Most Importantly @DaveFan'51 @Prime Time etc..... are getting old and don't have endless runs left. Oh yeah me too

bluecoconuts

Legend
With how slippery the field was, I'm not that shocked it knocked the team out of sync early. The Falcons had the experience of being there and still struggled. We were spotting them possessions deep in our own territory, it was an off game, and while Goff was off, I don't think it was because the game was too big for him.

I think he and McVay are going to come back next year with a vengeance, the rest of the team better work as hard as they do this off-season.

The greatest teacher, failure is.

Ellard80

Legend
Goff had a few off throws.. but he played well enough to win.

That loss was definitely not on him.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I think "Time of possession" had a lot to do with it! I mentioned in another thread, the Rams only had the Ball a little over 3 minutes in the first 18 minutes of the game!
It's the offenses job to possess the ball....2 three and outs....a penalty & Gurley run for a 1st down...then another 3 downs then punt...we didn't have great TOP cause the offense couldn't sustain anything....

That's on the QB....and he was off...most of the game.

nighttrain

Legend
It's the offenses job to possess the ball....2 three and outs....a penalty & Gurley run for a 1st down...then another 3 downs then punt...we didn't have great TOP cause the offense couldn't sustain anything....

if the defense cant get 3 and outs, and the ST's fumble the ball deep in Rams territory it's Goff's fault.
SMH at this statement, totally out in left field
train

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
As disappointing as it was we need to put things in perspective. Back in September if someone told us we'd be 11-5 and lose in the first wild card game, we woulda said "Hell ya, sign me up for that!"

Well, except maybe Dave. He woulda said "Hell no! We're going 18-0!" :mrburnsevil:

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Yeah. I saw some things in Bradford early on that made me think the same about him, but Bradford never had the fearlessness that Goff possesses. It was the one thing - that "killer instinct" thing that he was missing. This kid is 23 years old and is already displaying the poise and (new word coming up) unrattleableness that you need to see in order to feel confident going into games. He hung tough for a real long time and overcame the yips that the ENTIRE team had going into this one. It was just a little too late. Atlanta's defense was on point. On point. I mean, Dan Quinn is a Superbowl winning DC and NFC Champion HC for a reason.

So now they have playoff experience - that's outta the way. But they also have the added motivation of redemption to carry into next year. This is the tip of the iceberg for Goff, and the entire team for that matter. Couple of tweaks here and there, and we'll undoubtedly (that's a real word, I'm sure of it) see a long, long run of success led by the lethal tandem of Goff and Gurley. Future's bright.
Nonsense. He's a "trailer" and everybody here know it. TRAILER!!!!!

Ramzheart

Rookie
Goff had a few off throws.. but he played well enough to win.

That loss was definitely not on him.
Yeah, Im not getting Goff was off talk totally. Yes, it did take him a while to settle but I feel he made several more clutch throws then Ryan. Ryan wasn't ask to do that much- his last TD throw was definitely great!
We had several drops and several balls that could have been caught.
Simply put, 14 minutes is not alot of time to get into any rhythm, imo

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
if the defense cant get 3 and outs, and the ST's fumble the ball deep in Rams territory it's Goff's fault.
train
It's Champ did you really expect him to do anything but crap on Goff?

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
i suppose not, but it does get boring
train
Yup and we're going to be bored by him for a very long time to come. Considering Goff is only 23 we have about a decade and a half of his nonsense to deal with.

Ellard80

Legend

I guess you missed Higbee dropping the ball in the endzone.. or Kupp dropping the ball on 3rd down on the first drive. Goff had a few off throws... I'm not even saying he played awesome.

But he wasn't the reason we lost - he is way way down the list.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I guess you missed Higbee dropping the ball in the endzone.. or Kupp dropping the ball on 3rd down on the first drive. Goff had a few off throws... I'm not even saying he played awesome.

Agreed. I did see some off target throws. More than I'd like. But he also made some elite throws. Some were caught. Some were dropped. Give the Falcons defense credit. Receivers were not easy to find. Goff was patient enough but the plays weren't there to be made at times. I did think he looked uncomfortable at times. But it was more what the defense was doing to make him uncomfortable.

The kid has always learned from experience and always gotten better. I think he comes back better and smarter next year. McVay has learned some things too. Everyone is so young and inexperienced, this was just a step in the process of maturing and becoming better players and coaches. The Los Angeles Rams are going to be a force in the NFL for years.

Ants

Starter

Obviously you were watching a different game than the rest of us. :dizzy:

Ramon Ram

Starter
As disappointing as it was we need to put things in perspective. Back in September if someone told us we'd be 11-5 and lose in the first wild card game, we woulda said "Hell ya, sign me up for that!"

Agreed but it still hurts because we get greedy and we all know we had an opportunity this year

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title

I saw the Higbee drop....which was really a contested pass....I saw the Kupp drop....very tough catch on the sideline...

I also saw the passes to Gurley...first one of the game...high, away, off target...most of his 45 passes were off target. I'm sure...if his accuracy doesn't improve...McVay and Les will be looking for someone a lil more accurate.

He's the QB...on a team that averages 30 points a game...we struggled to put up 13...and AGAIN....was terrible in the red zone...off all game to multiple targets.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Are you saying the defense played poorly??? Seriously?

The ST's contributed the MOST to the loss...Pharoh Cooper...You wanna say Pharoh lost the game, fine....I say the early part of the game...when we could have taken control...no matter how many fumbles were lost on ST...we could have won...with the turnovers I thought the defense played pretty well....

Biggest play of the game...TO ME...was that 50 yard pass to Sanu...followed by the TD to Julio...game over.....Offense took too long to get started....esp. for a playoff game...vs the former MVP...and NFC champs.