Jared Goff it is time take the Offense on your back!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
I didn't think this article deserved its own thread - but just for discussions sake:

Source Claims Drinking and Partying to Blame for Rams QB Jared Goff’s Regression
Posted by Sports Gossip Staff | Nov 25, 2019 | NFL

Jared Goff is in his third full season as a starting quarterback in the NFL. It’s also his third season with head coach Sean McVay and his play has regressed this season.
After reaching the Super Bowl last season the Rams are in danger of not making the playoffs this season. So what is to blame for Goff’s regression?
Is it the big contract he signed? Or maybe the Super Bowl hangover is to blame?

According to a source, it might be actual hangovers. Goff has allegedly been drinking and partying during the season this year.

goff-drinking.jpg

Ellard80

Legend
I didn't think this article deserved its own thread - but just for discussions sake:

Source Claims Drinking and Partying to Blame for Rams QB Jared Goff’s Regression
Posted by Sports Gossip Staff | Nov 25, 2019 | NFL

Jared Goff is in his third full season as a starting quarterback in the NFL. It’s also his third season with head coach Sean McVay and his play has regressed this season.
After reaching the Super Bowl last season the Rams are in danger of not making the playoffs this season. So what is to blame for Goff’s regression?
Is it the big contract he signed? Or maybe the Super Bowl hangover is to blame?

According to a source, it might be actual hangovers. Goff has allegedly been drinking and partying during the season this year.

goff-drinking.jpg

Lol,,, sports gossip.com

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
sportsgossip.com? Sounds legit. Maybe the onion will follow up with some more of concise reporting they are known for

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
In other news, fire is cold, water is dry, the St. Louis Blues didn't win their first Stanley Cup last year, and the St. Louis Cardinals don't have eleven WS rings.

Such garbage doesn't deserve a serious response.

Last edited:

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

stop the presses, a 24 year old male is going to parties with his hot girlfriend and drinking alcohol.

Malibu

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Something's been wrong since the 49er game by me...but Sunday...in the 4th qtr, you could visibly see the change in Goff. HE WAS MONEY!

That's why I say it was something between Goff and McVay. I don't know what it was... but you could see in his drop backs that he was the Goff of 2018...and it showed.

I know alot of us would like to know!!!
When u trust ur oline you don't need to think about that issue when all you do is worry about if the line is going to hold up Goff rushes passes, pulls the ball back down or is pushed off his spot.

Like I have said for the last 3 years we are as good as our oline takes us.

It was the first time Jared looked like his old self in the 4th quarter of the Bears game and the reason is the line was giving him the time to succeed.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
So? Don’t we all have a drinking problem?

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Exactly why I love Phillip River. Goff is the complete opposite of him. I’m s quite frustrating to me as a Ram fan but I guess I have to live with it.

Sam Bradford used to strike me much the same way. But to be honest, even Sam Bradford had a stronger flame lit than Goff does.

players seem to love him though. Too bad we can’t be in the huddle for a game to see how he is in there.
Same here. I like scrappy QBs with an edge to them. Goff is a bit different in that way, but I do think he's got plenty of scrap to him it's just not visible.

One thing I love about him is when he starts a game out poorly he will generally reverse things and get us into position to compete or win. This year there's been a couple games where that didn't happen but overall the kid's got no quit in him.

I think he's on a Tom Brady type arc though. By that I mean if the team is around him he will consistently have them in the mix year after year. And this year's team hasn't been themselves BUT obviously they have played a really tough sched behind a transitioning OL and are still 6-4 so it ain't over yet for the 2019 Rams.

RamWoodie

Legend
When u trust ur oline you don't need to think about that issue when all you do is worry about if the line is going to hold up Goff rushes passes, pulls the ball back down or is pushed off his spot.

Like I have said for the last 3 years we are as good as our oline takes us.

It was the first time Jared looked like his old self in the 4th quarter of the Bears game and the reason is the line was giving him the time to succeed.
Of course the OLine is key...even so there are adjustments made to help the OLine. Like calling plays that allows the QB to get the ball out quickly. McVay has simply been to stubborn to make those adjustments.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
It was posted in the Jared Goff thread. And I still think that it's nothing but bilge.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
It's possible, but the "source" is an unnamed person on the internet who supposedly has mutual friends with Goff's girlfriend. Totally lacking in reputability.