Jared Goff it is time take the Offense on your back!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Malibu

Pro Bowler
We all know the issues with the Line, but you are being paid elite money start acting like it.

Figure out solutions to mitigate the oline.

Make those pinpoint throws while the pocket collapses around you.

Stop holding the ball as long.

You MUST step up period! Like I say in a ton of threads every single team in the NFL has issues and injuries, the difference with the Rams we have a ton of great players compared to most teams. We must figure out how to hide our deficiencies or mitigate them. The Bears have their two top TEs possibly their star RB out on offense and 2 of the 3 best players out on Defense Traethon and Hicks which means their Run D is going to suffer see everyone has issues.

Time to show your mental toughness

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Easier said than done, but I swear that one of the things Goff was supposed to be better at this year wss getting the ball out quicker. His windup and release look slower and more elongated than anytime in his career to me. Weird...

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
For me, one of the things I wish Goff would do is play with fire in his belly. Be more of a vocal leader. He's so boring. I swear sometimes players put forth great effort so they will be spoken of as "even keeled" or "under control and never rattled" ...

Jeez man! Get out there and show some damn emotion! Get mad. Get excited. Get pissed off sometimes. Don't be "it's all business" ... just enjoy the game and kick some butt.

In a nut shell, I'm never excited to see him play. His low key demeanor even when he makes some stupid play that hurts the Rams (strip sacks, throwing into quadruple coverage) .... bothers me. At least get pissed when you continually make the same mistake.

Show some emotion out there! There's nothing quite as fun as having a QB that cares and leads by showing he cares.

:(

Malibu

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
For me, one of the things I wish Goff would do is play with fire in his belly. Be more of a vocal leader. He's so boring. I swear sometimes players put forth great effort so they will be spoken of as "even keeled" or "under control and never rattled" ...

Jeez man! Get out there and show some damn emotion! Get mad. Get excited. Get pissed off sometimes. Don't be "it's all business" ... just enjoy the game and kick some butt.

In a nut shell, I'm never excited to see him play. His low key demeanor even when he makes some stupid play that hurts the Rams (strip sacks, throwing into quadruple coverage) .... bothers me. At least get pissed when you continually make the same mistake.

Show some emotion out there! There's nothing quite as fun as having a QB that cares and leads by showing he cares.

Agreed - all part of my pov. Besides the xs and is it is the mental toughness, and his skill as a motivator. If it's kicking butt do that if it's the high praise after a great play do that. The point is Goff MUST step up even given the circumstances. I am sure Tom Brady would figure it out so Jared you must as well. We all want to see you become that superstar leader that was chosen #1 in the draft that you can be.

KayJay

Starter
There are breakdown videos that show that there is something wrong with this offense from top to bottom. A lot of those were terrible play calls for situations. Goff can still make all the same throws but remains inconsistent, but his team isn't doing him any favors. With him not having much time in the pocket is causing a myriad of issues. Everything is inconsistent, literally the entire offense is inconsistent. Think about it, more drops, so many guys not executing correctly. This is a cluster fuck of awfulness. But you know who's going to get most of the blame, Goff. Sean's play calling has been very suspect as well.

The only thing you can ask logically of Goff, is to hit the throws he normally makes all of the time. Zero turnovers, and bad throws. You know what we can't ask for? Less pressure, zero drops, and flawless execution; and Goff getting blasted 3 seconds after the ball is snapped.

Last edited:

tomas

Pro Bowler
Name
tomas
We all know the issues with the Line, but you are being paid elite money start acting like it.

Figure out solutions to mitigate the oline.

Make those pinpoint throws while the pocket collapses around you.

Stop holding the ball as long.

You MUST step up period! Like I say in a ton of threads every single team in the NFL has issues and injuries, the difference with the Rams we have a ton of great players compared to most teams. We must figure out how to hide our deficiencies or mitigate them. The Bears have their two top TEs possibly their star RB out on offense and 2 of the 3 best players out on Defense Traethon and Hicks which means their Run D is going to suffer see everyone has issues.

Time to show your mental toughness
Ignite-spark the running game (like the first drive vs 49ers) It will take the pressure off of Goff and the o-line.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
I call bull.

With an OL of no-names and castoffs, I’ll be impressed if Goff simply survives.

Corbett, Shelton, two mid-round rookies? Please. Goff won’t have time to do much of anything.

Goff is a “pocket quarterback.” Without a pocket, he can’t do his thing.

Ram65

Legend
I wonder if Goff misses his Qb coaches. He has had a few of them. His mechanics seem off. Could be the rush is in his head but, he isn't moving his feet like he did. He looks slow and long in his release as was mentioned.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I wonder if Goff misses his Qb coaches. He has had a few of them. His mechanics seem off. Could be the rush is in his head but, he isn't moving his feet like he did. He looks slow and long in his release as was mentioned.
I think i was the first to mention the slower mechanics back in week 2 or 3.

Anyway, one year ago.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkMUXct0kEc

Week 4.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4lcV5VGCxY

The footwork somewhat, and especially that release is noticeably slower and less sharp.
The Rams have to be seeing this though. I would think?

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
Somebody help me out here... somewhere on ROD was a twitter post showing Corbett getting absolutely abused and tossed aside like a rag doll by a BACKUP Steeler lineman.

Does anyone recall seeing this?

My point is: again, I strongly disagree that the rest of this season should be considered a test of whether or not Goff can “step it up” or not. Goff is a pocket QB in a timing offense that requires him to progress through his reads. If the OL is so horrific that he can’t even do a 7-step drop with the time to go through progressions, then they have to eliminate a huge part of the playbook.

IMHO, the only way this season can be salvaged is in the unlikely event that the OL “steps it up.” The rest of the season is about the OL, it’s not about Goff.

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not gonna happen . Unless there's a magical light switch on his back he will continue to struggle .
Especially with the Bears and Ravens up next , and a patchwork Oline . McVay and Snead took a gamble and lost by starting 2 new guys with an aging left tackle and average at best right tackle .
Even last year the Oline played bad against a few good defenses. Unless they thought the two new starters were an upgrade , they should've addressed it .

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think Goff can play better but if they don’t adjust the scheme, with that oline it doesn’t matter who the qb is.

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
I think i was the first to mention the slower mechanics back in week 2 or 3.

I get cha Mojo, something is off with Goff.

I'm one of his biggest pre-draft advocates and still have bounds of faith in the dude but this is his 4th season!

I concur with the O-Line and running game affecting his play but his mechanics, internal clock speed or what ever else the reasons may be, have me perplexed.

Why in his 4th season is he not a tick faster and more quick twitched with his field vision and release? This has many of his followers confused and dazed.

screenshot-128.jpg

Malibu

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I keep saying mitigate our oline with changing personnel groupings, roll outs deeper drops etc.