Jared Goff first post practice interview

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
No "deer in the headlights" look like the last franchise QB the Rams drafted.

Everybody "Wang Chubb" tonight!

rdw

Pro Bowler
Exactly. It is May and hopes are riding high with our new QB and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. Hell, we as a fan base DESERVE some good spirits after the past 10+ years. Drink it in boys!

On a side note, did you phot chop that grey face mask and old school uni in your avatar or were there 2 SI covers? I posted a pic I saw on NFLN a few months ago where the Rams face mask was grey and I was wondering what that was about. This is the SI cover I have seen though...

GoffJared16SI.jpg
6R8J1Tp.jpg

rdw

Pro Bowler
Exactly. It is May and hopes are riding high with our new QB and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. Hell, we as a fan base DESERVE some good spirits after the past 10+ years. Drink it in boys!

On a side note, did you phot chop that grey face mask and old school uni in your avatar or were there 2 SI covers? I posted a pic I saw on NFLN a few months ago where the Rams face mask was grey and I was wondering what that was about. This is the SI cover I have seen though...

GoffJared16SI.jpg
Photoshop, grabbed it from Reddit.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
As for me, every offseason will lead to a Super Bowl victory for my team and every new player is a star in the making. I learned that lesson during the 99 season. I will swig the Kool-Aid until the Rams are mathematically eliminated. Jared Goff is the QB who will lead us to the playoffs in the 2016 season.

giphy.gif

Everyone's "reality" is what they perceive it to be. I don't blame Rams fans for being cautious about every new player. Hey, knock yourself out. But don't knock the rest of us.

200.gif

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
This is justifiably a bit more than kool aid imho. The Rams have been in qb hell, Snead and Fisher devised and executed a spectacular leap to the top of the draft, and once there got a potentially elite talent at the Rams' most critical and previously weakest position. Goff and Gurley, who is already elite, are only 21.

But anyone who doesn't want to get excited should watch baseball and wait until December.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Top 15 Jared Goff facts:

1. Jared Goff attended preschool at Harvard.
2. Jared Goff and Superman once fought each other on a bet. The loser had to start wearing his underwear on the outside of his pants.
3. Jared Goff is the reason why Waldo is hiding.
4. Jared Goff can speak French... In Russian.
5. A bulletproof vest wears Jared Goff for protection.
6. Jared Goff can kill your imaginary friends.
7. Jared Goff can hear sign language.
8. When Jared Goff gives you the finger, he's telling you how many seconds you have left to live.
9. When Jared Goff was born he drove his mom home from the hospital.
10. Jared Goff makes onions cry.
11. Brett Favre can throw a football over 50 yards. Jared Goff can throw Brett Favre even further.
12. Jared Goff can drown a fish.
13. Jared Goff can build a snowman out of rain.
14. Jared Goff knows Victoria's secret.
15. Jared Goff won the Tour De France, on a stationary bike.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
Top 15 Jared Goff facts:

2. Jared Goff and Superman once fought each other on a bet. The loser had to start wearing his underwear on the outside of his pants.
8. When Jared Goff gives you the finger, he's telling you how many seconds you have left to live.
11. Brett Favre can throw a football over 50 yards. Jared Goff can throw Brett Favre even further.

Actually, all those things are true, just wait until he steps on an NFL field!

PowayRamFan

Hall of Fame
Top 15 Jared Goff facts:

Jared Goff is....the most interesting man in the world.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
My favorite quote, " The way they are teaching it is making it really easy for me." makes me feel really good about him starting Week 1! The kid is just out there playing catch with the guys!

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It was a press conference and he gave the same answers every QB has throughout history:

Great to be out here.

Feeling really good.

Great to be with the guys.

Great to be playing football again.

Just looking forward to playing.

- every QB to ever give an interview

We didn't just see tits for the first time. We saw tits, but it was more like, yeah, I like those, but they're not a new thing, and I really need a better feel to determine if they're real.

Bonus points for not looking scared this time, that's true. (Yes, he looked confident)

Maybe we reserve the crown for on field play? Maybe? At least a real TC day with the vets? Something? Or should we extend him now?

Not wanting to be the wet blanket, but it was a softball interview after a half-speed opening day rookie minicamp practice and he really said nothing. It's not our first rodeo and I've been fooled by fisher twice, so it's all blame me from here on out if I buy in without a reality check.

i disagree.

his press conference after he was drafted was exactly as you described. i couldn't even last till halfway of it.

this one was different. the aura surrounding him was one of a confident leader of men. this guy is a gonna lead the rams places. good places.

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
i disagree.

his press conference after he was drafted was exactly as you described. i couldn't even last till halfway of it.

this one was different. the aura surrounding him was one of a confident leader of men. this guy is a gonna lead the rams places. good places.

RamzFanz

Damnit
i disagree.

Hey, I'm A-OK with that.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
He's genuinely confident. Not even pretending to himself he's confident (I know that look...) but genuinely "I'm the real deal and if you don't believe it you can kiss my ass cause I don't care" confident.

That's really good. I'm downing gallons of the Jared Goff koolaid. I think he's going to be elite.