Jared Goff first post practice interview

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
Pretty positive vibes.

And he didn't use the word "hopefully " once.

Man I hate that fucking word. Probably just me tho.

RamzFanz

Damnit
It was a press conference and he gave the same answers every QB has throughout history:

Great to be out here.

Feeling really good.

Great to be with the guys.

Great to be playing football again.

Just looking forward to playing.

- every QB to ever give an interview

We didn't just see tits for the first time. We saw tits, but it was more like, yeah, I like those, but they're not a new thing, and I really need a better feel to determine if they're real.

Bonus points for not looking scared this time, that's true. (Yes, he looked confident)

Maybe we reserve the crown for on field play? Maybe? At least a real TC day with the vets? Something? Or should we extend him now?

Not wanting to be the wet blanket, but it was a softball interview after a half-speed opening day rookie minicamp practice and he really said nothing. It's not our first rodeo and I've been fooled by fisher twice, so it's all blame me from here on out if I buy in without a reality check.

Last edited:

rdw

Pro Bowler
It was a press conference and he gave the same answers every QB has throughout history:

Great to be out here.

Feeling really good.

We didn't just see tits for the first time. We saw tits, but it was more like, yeah, I like those, but they're not a new thing, and I really need a better feel to determine if they're real.

Bonus points for not looking scared this time, that's true. (Yes, he looked confident)

Maybe we reserve the crown for on field play? Maybe? At least a real TC day with the vets? Something? Or should we extend him now?

Not wanting to be the wet blanket, but it was a softball interview after a half-speed opening day rookie minicamp practice and he really said nothing. It's not our first rodeo and I've been fooled by fisher twice, so it's all blame me from here on out if I buy in without a reality check.
If people want to be pumped up because we have a shiny new toy in the garage I see no harm in it but whatever floats your boat.

RamzFanz

Damnit
If people want to be pumped up because we have a shiny new toy in the garage I see no harm in it but whatever floats your boat.

Just giving a word of caution. We've been here before. There have been a LOT of shiny new toys since Bulger. And Bulger was a shiny new toy that got ruined along with Steven Jackson.

What I got was: He didn't fuck up and he looked confident, and young, and inexperienced at this level.

Doesn't mean I don't love his potential, I freakin' do.

Get excited about the possibilities. Don't get fooled by a presser that is 100% meaningless as to his NFL playing ability.

I like your avatar but I wish they had went blue and white. I may retool it. Do QBs really hold the ball backwards that high? I've never noticed.

Last edited:

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
Lmao @ how he responded to that chick about handling "alllllll of this" - "allllllll of this doesn't matter" :rolllaugh:

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave

RamzFanz

Damnit
Lmao @ how he responded to that chick about handling "alllllll of this" - "allllllll of this doesn't matter" :rolllaugh:

It was pretentious and self aggrandising of her. He handled it well.

I can't help but imagine Jenkins could have been swayed by the attention.

To be honest, I think we're going to have a lot of Bernie types going forward. Let's hope the Rams cull the LA media herd like they did with him.

Last edited:

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
kramer-yeah.gif

PowayRamFan

Hall of Fame
I'll say this, Goff just isn't a goofball like some others, including Wentz and Lynch. He has a different aura about him that I think will translate into him being a leader of badass men, unlike a lot of our other QBs(I'm
Looking at you Sam).
Not sure if I articulated this properly at this late hour, but I just feel like we found our guy, finally.

RamzFanz

Damnit
I'll say this, Goff just isn't a goofball like some others, including Wentz and Lynch. He has a different aura about him that I think will translate into him being a leader of badass men, unlike a lot of our other QBs(I'm
Looking at you Sam).
Not sure if I articulated this properly at this late hour, but I just feel like we found our guy, finally.

Let us hope... I am hoping for certain and think they made a solid decision. It is definitely time. All looks good, but this IS Snisher trading up for a QB. Something they have never done before or succeeded at evaluating in the past. Just sayin'. Buyer beware, they have a history.

You may or may not regret calling the others goofballs. Not sure why you did. We'll see.

PowayRamFan

Hall of Fame
Let us hope... I am hoping for certain and think they made a solid decision. It is definitely time. All looks good, but this IS Snisher trading up for a QB. Something they have never done before or succeeded at evaluating in the past. Just sayin'. Buyer beware, they have a history.

You may or may not regret calling the others goofballs. Not sure why you did. We'll see.

Goofballs might've been the wrong word. To me, Goff is just unaffected by this huge stage. He acts beyond his years so far, he has a calmness about him. if I didn't know him from Adam, I would say he was 25 or 26years old. The other two I mentioned just look like college kids to me, not awkward exactly but close.

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
Talks exactly like my nephew....he has the poise to handle all the reporter stupidities....better than Kapnik after 4 years ;)

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
FWIW's I will always take the calm, cool and collective guy every time. Just because somebody is coming off that way does not mean they are not intense or competive and believe me when I played (and coached) in my younger years I was as intense as they came, however, as I've grown older and wiser I take a different approach, hence the term "Cooler Heads Prevail."

Goff seems like he studied Public Relations at Cal and you only have to go to the website and listen other players like Higbee and Cooper to realize how polished Goff is from a public speaking standpoint. That is an asset gentlemen not a liability and I will debate anyone who feels differently. Goff is the calm before the storm and at only 21 years of age, it's quite refreshing too see and hear.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
FWIW's I will always take the calm, cool and collective guy every time. Just because somebody is coming off that way does not mean they are not intense or competive and believe me when I played (and coached) in my younger years I was as intense as they came, however, as I've grown older and wiser I take a different approach, hence the term "Cooler Heads Prevail."

Goff seems like he studied Public Relations at Cal and you only have to go to the website and listen other players like Higbee and Cooper to realize how polished Goff is from a public speaking standpoint. That is an asset gentlemen not a liability and I will debate anyone who feels differently. Goff is the calm before the storm and at only 21 years of age, it's quite refreshing too see and hear.
I agree 100% from experience and seeing others who act cool and awesome then fk up on the big stage.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave

Great to be out here.

Feeling really good.

OK RamzFanz, here is my " Reality Check" ...:thinking: ... :thinking: ... Your right the Rams probably won't go 14-2 like I predicted! they'll probably go 15-1!! (y);):D

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Exactly. It is May and hopes are riding high with our new QB and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. Hell, we as a fan base DESERVE some good spirits after the past 10+ years. Drink it in boys!

On a side note, did you phot chop that grey face mask and old school uni in your avatar or were there 2 SI covers? I posted a pic I saw on NFLN a few months ago where the Rams face mask was grey and I was wondering what that was about. This is the SI cover I have seen though...

GoffJared16SI.jpg