Jared Goff appreciation thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Hey, the true hero of the day is Johnny Hecker! He was perfect for the day! LOL.
Seriously, Goff played really well. Very happy with him and glad he's a Ram!

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Joe Montana...

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
The 70% completion number at 9.6 yds/att is impressive.

The Rams' 3rd ranked running game has a lot to do with Goff's resurgence, obviously. Also of note when looking at our running game...is that the Rams' yardage is coming from our backs and receivers...not being padded by a running QB.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Sadly, as soon as he throws his next pick the Naysayers will be back out in full force

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
7bjCHWr.jpg

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
Also read he’s PFFs third rated QB behind ARod and Rodgers. Loving what we’ve seen from our guy and the upcoming schedule should see more from #16 as well.

Here's an article showing another aspect of how good Goff has been this year.

NFL's top 10 deep passers: Russell Wilson, Aaron Rodgers among best

Rank

Jared Goff
Los Angeles Rams · QB

5 of 5 on deep attempts (100%), 139 yards, 1:0 TD-to-INT ratio, 158.3 passer rating

Sean McVay's offense has long capitalized on using 11 personnel (1 running back, 1 tight end, 3 wide receivers) to both run the ball and set up deeper shots off play-action fakes, and while we saw less of that in a disappointing 2019 campaign, such an approach is back in Los Angeles in 2020.

Three of Goff's five deep completions came on play-action passes, accounting for 80 of Goff's 139 deep-passing yards and his lone deep touchdown. The tight end is again popular for the Rams, too, with Tyler Higbee catching two deep passes on play-action passes, including one for a score.

What's interesting is how Goff has managed to find success on deep shots without Brandin Cooks, who is now a Houston Texan, and without focusing on his top two receivers. Neither Cooper Kupp nor Robert Woods have been targeted on a deep pass this season, yet Goff is a perfect 5 for 5 on such attempts, posting a blemish-free 158.3 passer rating.

CoachAllred

Hall of Fame
I would say that Goff is back, but I think he's better than he was in 2018. He put up some big numbers that year, but he's improved a lot when it comes to pocket movement and making plays under pressure. Like I keep telling non-Rams fans (and some Rams fans), patience with young pocket passers is key. Goff isn't in his prime yet. He's going to keep getting better. He may have some setbacks at times before he hits his prime, but he's going to be a damn good QB for us. Kid has a sky-high ceiling.

Awesome post jrry32.
You hit my thoughts on Goff to the letter.
Sometimes we forget it's a process. All of the arrows point in the right
direction on this kid and we have yet to see the Goff we will remember by the time he retires.

I think the exact same thing can be said about McVay. We forget how young he is
But just like Goff all of the signs are there and these two are only going to
get better and there will come a time that their mind meld will be as tight as
any twins ever were.

RAMBUSH

Starter
He's been balling out this year thats for sure. All the off-season talk about him ultra focused on improving seems to be paying off. The line and running game is playing well and he's always been solid when those factors are in place. But he's definitely taken another step this season.

Yesterday he was unstoppable in the 2nd half, and made some monster throws on 3rd and long to keep drives alive. He's been sharp every game this year and I expect it to continue. It sucks because he deserved that huge comeback win yesterday, still pissed at the fucking defense :mad:
I think the man has been working hard since he signed with this team . Great pick .

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
158.3 in 4th quarter for season.
Boy is on fire man. That's a really nice stat and I think it shows that when they want to open it up they can, and that run game they have established keeps teams honest.

One of the things that pissed me off the most about the defensive letdown in week 3 was the fact it took away an EPIC COMEBACK by our young QB. Really wanted him to have that under his belt. It demonstrates something people forget, and something I believe, which is that a QB's best friend is actually his defense. Just ask Tom Brady. Even in years where their defense struggled they tended to get the stops they need in big situations to win the games.