Jared Goff appreciation thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

HX76

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He seemed very thirsty yesterday. Kept shouting “water water”. No one brought any for him though the poor fucker.

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame
How about my man David Edwards!
Screen Shot 2020-09-28 at 3.51.36 PM.png

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I have always been proud to call Goff my QB.

But, yeah, I am really happy to see him lock in like this. And... of course... it’s his play that mostly matters... but as a leader he is what you want too.

He will have clunker games. Like they all do. But he‘s arrived. :horns:

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
I am completely fine with us here at ROD, Ram fans in the know, those within the organization and savvy NFL fans knowing the truth. Everyone else is biased or unknowledgeable. F EM

FarNorth

Hall of Fame

For once (well, maybe more than once) I agree with PFF. This is actually how good Goff is, up there with Rodgers and Wilson who imo are HOFers. He is still getting better in leadership and decision making as he approaches the ripe old age of 26. And he is tough and he works hard at his game.

Goff is a high precision passer who consistently throws dimes with anticipation into the right windows. The Rams' receivers are high precision route runners. The Rams passing game relies on timing and QB and receivers being on the same page. It can look bad on plays where, for whatever reason, the timing has broken down or the receiver is not where he is expected to be (interception to Jefferson). It is a thing of beauty when it is in sync and the oline is doing its job, not just by its pass blocking but by making the run game work.

The mobile guys may have different skills but Goff is one of the most accurate and effective passers in the league. Easily good enough to win a championship. Could have had one already if a couple more passes had been caught.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Heard of Neuralink? Its how he communicates with Goff even after the 15sec mark. He can read the defense and deliver the pass for Goff too with this incredible new technology.

hmmmm, do you think stan and musk are good friends?

Ewe83

Mama's got a new baby boy
Goff is an absolute surgeon with the ball in his hands. You give him time, he'll pick defenses apart, and he always gets back up, no matter how far or how much he's knocked down.

I'd take Goff as my quarterback any day, and especially Sundays. (Yes, I know that Mahomes is great, but we beat him on Monday Night, and Goff outdueled him.)

All of this! Well said friend

source.gif

Ewe83

Mama's got a new baby boy
That's my God damn quarterback! He's looking amazing so far this year and I could not be happier to have him, thanks for showing him some love everyone

NoCoNite

ILoveGoffBalls
Name
ILoveGoffBalls
once he learns what to do on broken plays he’ll be elite. All the greats could turn nothing into something. Goff tends to panic and make bad decisions with things fall apart.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
once he learns what to do on broken plays he’ll be elite. All the greats could turn nothing into something. Goff tends to panic and make bad decisions with things fall apart.
I think panic is a little strong. But you are correct that he needs to improve with the off schedule plays.

matt30

Rookie
Name
Matt

I don't think that's McVays game. McVay likes the Tom brady concept of throwing the ball away or tucking the ball and taking the sack if the play breaks down.

NoCoNite

ILoveGoffBalls
Name
ILoveGoffBalls
I don't think that's McVays game. McVay likes the Tom brady concept of throwing the ball away or tucking the ball and taking the sack if the play breaks down.
Then throw it away. He’s too ok making bad throws hoping something happens

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Then throw it away. He’s too ok making bad throws hoping something happens

I understand what you are saying... but honestly if he threw it away more when shit breaks down, we dont have a winning season last year and that 2nd half comeback doesn't happen.

And last year there were games where he had to throw it away so often that it made his completion pct worse than what his play deserved. I think his decision making has gone from just okay to pretty damn good over the last 3 seasons, imo.

gogoat1

Pro Bowler
Name
Troy
Goff is kinda like Joe Montana with a much better arm. I will take it. And its the kids idol. Must be good to be Jared Goff right now.

…..

Legend
Its great to see our boy mature and grow, isnt it?

I love seeing him top 3 in QBR. Thats friggin awesome.

MachS

Hall of Fame

I think this is pretty silly. McVay doesn't have a "game" .. his scheme is built around his players. If he had Mahomes, Rodgers, Wilson, Allen, Big Ben, etc. you think he would tell them to not escape pressure when they can, and try to make off schedule plays?? Of course he would want them to do that.

Historically Goff has really struggled in those situations so McVay's offense is built similar to Brady and Peyton's, intermediate timing based passing so his QB can be surgical. I think part of what OP was saying is fair, because Goff is an underrated athlete and has an ability to move well when flushed from the pocket.. and that off schedule part of his game can develop still. There haven't been many opportunities for him to do that this year yet, so maybe it has improved. His throwing on the run definitely looks better.

But to OP's point, if he can make a few more off schedule high level throws per game when flushed out of the pocket, he will hit an entirely new level of dominance. He could push Mahomes/Wilson/Rodgers levels. Because what separates those guys is they play elite from within the pocket and within structure, but when things break down and flushed from the pocket they are just as deadly.

Last edited: