Jake Long update?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

paceram

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Speeps said:
The problem is, free agents aren't hearing numbers that they are liking. They are being forced to settle for less money than they would like. This is something that doesn't happen very often. I do think the Rams are still in play for Long, but I believe the Rams are waiting for that second, and even third wave to begin.

I just read on a Dolphins message board that there is a rumor that Long and the Dolphins are close to a Long-Term deal. This won't surprise me but there was at least one Dolphin fan that was not too thrilled at the thought of a Long-Term deal with Long due to his health concerns.

Speeps

Starter
paceram said:
Speeps said:
The problem is, free agents aren't hearing numbers that they are liking. They are being forced to settle for less money than they would like. This is something that doesn't happen very often. I do think the Rams are still in play for Long, but I believe the Rams are waiting for that second, and even third wave to begin.

I just read on a Dolphins message board that there is a rumor that Long and the Dolphins are close to a Long-Term deal. This won't surprise me but there was at least one Dolphin fan that was not too thrilled at the thought of a Long-Term deal with Long due to his health concerns.
There was also a rumor that the Rams and Long were close on a deal. This seems to happen with the Rams and Dolphins don't it?

paceram

Pro Bowler
Speeps said:
paceram said:
Speeps said:

There was also a rumor that the Rams and Long were close on a deal. This seems to happen with the Rams and Dolphins don't it?

Good Point!

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
At this point I don't want him. I don't quite understand why he even made the visit to St. Louis in the first place. Maybe just to show the Dolphins there was another team that would make an offer...Time to move on and focus on drafting D.J. Fluker with the 16th pick...If you don't want to be in horns then to hell with you.

He's the only "high profile" free agent that did not sign on his first visit, why? Too many injuries for my liking anyway.

jap

Legend
Speeps said:
paceram said:
Speeps said:

The Rams usually win those odds.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
den-the-coach said:
At this point I don't want him. I don't quite understand why he even made the visit to St. Louis in the first place. Maybe just to show the Dolphins there was another team that would make an offer...Time to move on and focus on drafting D.J. Fluker with the 16th pick...If you don't want to be in horns then to hell with you.

He's the only "high profile" free agent that did not sign on his first visit, why? Too many injuries for my liking anyway.

He may be trying to use the phins as lrverage to get a bit more from us im sure he knows the history between the two teams lately

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I'd love to have Long in horns for the right price but before overpaying him, I'd just as soon move on to getting a RT for a third the price, go after an impact Safety and turn my attention to the draft.

bluecoconuts

Legend
paceram said:
Speeps said:

I saw that rumor too. I also saw that it came from a guy who also said his sources told him Jackson agreed to a deal with the Packers and was getting ready to sign.

I don't believe any rumors until its done. As for Jake Long, I don't really care either way. Would I like him? Of course. Am I going to cry if we don't? Not one bit.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
bluecoconuts said:
paceram said:
Speeps said:

I saw that rumor too. I also saw that it came from a guy who also said his sources told him Jackson agreed to a deal with the Packers and was getting ready to sign.

I don't believe any rumors until its done. As for Jake Long, I don't really care either way. Would I like him? Of course. Am I going to cry if we don't? Not one bit.

Right there with you.

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
WestsideRamsfan said:
Is anybody as annoyed as I am with regards to Jake's wife being all up in the center of this debacle?
Damn straight. :grr:

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
Barrison6 said:
WestsideRamsfan said:
Is anybody as annoyed as I am with regards to Jake's wife being all up in the center of this debacle?
Damn straight. :grr:

We now know who wears the pants in that family! :lmao:

paceram

Pro Bowler
I hope Long makes a decision this weekend! I hope he doesn't decide to make more visits to other teams (this has already lasted LONG enough).

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
[tweet]313060594947325952[/tweet]

jap

Legend
paceram said:
I hope Long makes a decision this weekend! I hope he doesn't decide to make more visits to other teams (this has already lasted LONG enough).

When the teams start giving him & his wife the meal bill I think he will cease & desist.

paceram

Pro Bowler
DR RAM said:

Do you think if Long chooses the Dolphins the Rams will pursue one of the other FA OT's (Vollmer, Smith, etc) or do you think they will wait for the Draft?

Speeps

Starter
According to a report from NFL.com 8 minutes ago, Jake Long is at home in Florida mulling over his options between the Rams and Dolphins. It appears that the contracts are very similar:

By Dan Hanzus
Around the League Writer
Published: March 16, 2013 at 07:08 p.m.

For Jake Long, it appears that it's come down to a fresh start with the St. Louis Rams or a return to the Miami Dolphins.

Long has a contract in hand from the Rams, while the Dolphins have made it clear to the left tackle how far they're willing to go to financially to retain him, according to team sources.

NFL.com's Jeff Darlington reports that the offers from St. Louis and Miami are very similar in terms of total worth.

According to Breer, Long is back home in Florida weighing the sizable decision in front of him. His eventual signing should spark further movement on the tackle market. Fellow free-agent tackles Andre Smith and Sebastian Vollmer are represented by the same firm as Long.

ESPN reported early Friday morning that the Dolphins were making a "strong push" to re-sign Long, who entered the market looking for an annual salary that matched the $11 million he averaged with the Dolphins. He's unlikely to sniff that, whether he decides Miami or St. Louis.

Follow Dan Hanzus on Twitter @DanHanzus.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
paceram said:
DR RAM said:

Do you think if Long chooses the Dolphins the Rams will pursue one of the other FA OT's (Vollmer, Smith, etc) or do you think they will wait for the Draft?
JT tweeted that we started showing interest in Vollmer. I think we are probably also interested in Fluker. The only other starting LT in the draft that we could sniff where we pick is Menelik Watson.