Jake Long is a Ram

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

A55VA6

Legend
bluecoconuts said:
Incognito photoshopped his face over Jackie Long's face in their pictures, and she said it was creepy about an hour ago. Probably told Jake to go Rams right after that.
lmao yeah I thought the same thing.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
Good deal.
I'm glad he came aboard and congrats to the front office for getting it done.

On a side note I would pay cash money to see X knock Incognito Out.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Oh, fuck yeah! Now we can move Saffold over to the right side, and we'll have two competent offensive tackles for the first time in a long while.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.stltoday.com/sports/football/professional/long-picks-rams-at-last/article_c7149ed5-621b-5469-9e93-0dd2ae5e492c.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.stltoday.com/sports/football ... e492c.html</a>

Long picks Rams at last

26 minutes ago • By Jim Thomas jthomas@post-dispatch.com 314-340-8197

PHOENIX, ARIZ. • The Long wait is over. Four-time Pro Bowler Jake Long, the free-agent left tackle from the Miami Dolphins, has agreed to terms on a four-year contract with the Rams worth up to $36 million.

After a three-day visit to St. Louis, which qualifies as a marathon in today’s free agency, Long has decided to cast his lot with Jeff Fisher and the Rams. After he left St. Louis on Friday, Long then headed back to Miami for a couple of days, leaving Rams fans everywhere on pins and needles.

But Long has made his decision and it’s to play in St. Louis, giving the Rams their second big free-agent score along with Tennessee tight end Jared Cook.

“It was a tough decision,” Long told the Post-Dispatch. “I came in for a visit and Coach Fisher and Kevin Demoff and Les Snead were amazing. I just fell in love with their vision and the entire organization. And all the great things they had to say about Mr. (Stan) Kroenke and the way they go about football.

“They really made me feel welcome — my wife and I. It was such a great family atmosphere. It was something I wanted to be a part of. But in the end I wanted to think it through, make the right decision because Miami was amazing to me. Took me No. 1. Mr. (Stephen) Ross and I have a great relationship. This was my home for the last five years, and I just wanted to make sure I made the right decision and I’m happy with the decision I made.”

Ross is the Dolphins’ owner.

The Rams have solidified their offensive line for quarterback Sam Bradford, the running game, and of course, the receivers. Safety, wide receiver, outside linebacker, and possibly running back and cornerback remain positions of need, but with most of the Rams’ salary cap room now gone, most of them must be filled via the draft next month.

Long was the No. 1 overall pick by the Dolphins out of Michigan in 2008. The Rams strongly considered taking Long at that time, but after Miami selected him, they opted for defensive end Chris Long (no relation) with the No. 2 overall pick. Five years later, they are teammates.

“Jake’s an intelligent guy and he’s thoughtful,” said Long’s representative, St. Louis-based agent Tom Condon of the CAA sports agency. “So (he weighed) all the different factors that would be important in making a change in your life like this.”

Triceps and biceps injuries slowed Long the past two seasons, costing him six games. He also has had shoulder and knee issues over his career, but his physical exam during his Rams visit revealed no red flags.

Follow Jim Thomas on twitter @jthom1

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
Long picked the Rams over the Dolphins, who made a late push to keep Long after his multi-day visit to St. Louis ended.

It’s a four-year deal, with a base value of $34 million, for an average of $8.5 million annually.  With incentives, the deal can reach $36 million.

The deal has $16 million fully guaranteed, with another $4 million that will become fully guaranteed in 2014.

Mike Florio
updated 12:35 am. EDT Mar. 18, 2013

RamsNation

Rookie
Great pickup if he can return to dominating form he was a couple years ago.Imagine if we can draft Chance out line this year will be from left to right
Long,Warmack,Wells,Dahl,Saffold....
Potentially one of the best lines in all of football.Good job Les and Fish

A55VA6

Legend
RamsNation said:
Great pickup if he can return to dominating form he was a couple years ago.Imagine if we can draft Chance out line this year will be from left to right
It's amazing how 1 guy can potentially change a whole team. Our offensive line becomes a powerful force and a strength if we get a nice LG.

BuiltRamTough

Pro Bowler
Name
Edmond
RamsNation said:
Dude if you think about that it's crazy...no doubt the best O line in the nfl

A55VA6

Legend
Dolphins fans throwing a fit. I bet Jake and his wife are glad they are leaving.

[tweet]313533106588094464[/tweet]

GcBean

Rookie
Name
Gil
To celebrate I'm taking a shot of Nyquil... Goodnight all.

GO RAMS!

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

i feel good.

i feel better now.

i feel better than james brown.

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
Memento said:
Oh, freak yeah! Now we can move Saffold over to the right side, and we'll have two competent offensive tackles for the first time in a long while.

Yeah, I'd say last time we had two tackles this good was 2003: Pace & Turley

paceram

Pro Bowler
bluecoconuts said:
All over twitter, he picked the right choice.

[tweet]313507546755387392[/tweet]
[tweet]313504998917042176[/tweet]
[tweet]313505665563889665[/tweet]
[tweet]313507059687624704[/tweet]
[tweet]313506100429328384[/tweet]

Rams 3, Miami 0

freak you Richie.

Torry > Richie

I am thrilled I was wrong! I really thought Long would end up choosing Miami! Great News!

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
Also we get dude for a relatively cheap price great move fish and and snead.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
Wow, a player with All-Pro potential at a premium position for 8.5 million a year. I think we won this one.

Oh, has anyone checked Richie Incognito...I think he's on a bridge somewhere

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Awesome. I guess that 2008 Draft was a no-brainer for us after all. #1 and #2 picks.
Straight like that.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
The Jeff Fisher hire just keeps getting more and more legit.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
My reaction to the signing:
Larry.gif