Jake Long is a Ram

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

TK42-RAM

... still not at my post.
X said:
Awesome. I guess that 2008 Draft was a no-brainer for us after all. #1 and #2 picks.
Straight like that.

Hehe.

:) GO RAMS

Two long

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Rams Agree to Deal with OT Long

Posted by nickwagoner on March 18, 2013 – 5:42 AM
<a class="postlink" href="http://blog.stlouisrams.com/2013/03/18/rams-agree-to-deal-with-ot-long/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://blog.stlouisrams.com/2013/03/18/ ... h-ot-long/</a>

- After a visit to St. Louis that lasted the better part of three days followed by a weekend of reflection to make a decision, offensive tackle Jake Long’s verdict came in late Sunday night as he agreed to terms on a four-year contract with the Rams.

- The four-time Pro Bowl LT arrived in St. Louis early last week as the Rams made it quite clear he was one of their top free-agent priorities. Upon arrival, he went through a rigorous physical to have some past injuries checked but came out of it with no further red flags from the Rams end.

- After a couple of nights of negotiations and a couple of dinners out in St. Louis with Rams executives and coaches, Long departed St. Louis to head back to Miami on Friday afternoon. While a free agent leaving the first city he visits is often considered a bad sign, it turned out to be a chance for Long to reflect on his options and make a decision.

- Ultimately, Long opted to leave the team that spent the first pick on him in the 2008 NFL Draft to go to the team that selected right after Miami that same year and might have taken him had he made it past Miami. The Rams now have the first two picks from that draft in the fold as Jake Long joins end Chris Long as franchise cornerstones.

- Long went to the Pro Bowl in each of his first four seasons with the Dolphins, quickly establishing himself as one of the game’s dominant offensive tackles. He’s been hit by injuries a bit in the past two seasons but has only missed six games in his five-year career.

- For the Rams, it’s expected that Long will immediately plug into the left tackle position as the starter with Rodger Saffold sliding over to the right side. Coach Jeff Fisher said last week that he had already discussed the possible move with Saffold and that Saffold was “fine” with the move.

- Although Long had spent his first five seasons in Miami, he does have some ties to the Rams. His younger brother Joe spent training camp with the Rams last season. Joe Long is now a part of the Pittsburgh Steelers organization after finishing up last year on their practice squad.

- Signing Long away from Miami is the second victory against the Dolphins for a key free agent this offseason. Last week, the Rams beat Miami out for the services of TE Jared Cook.

- More to come on the addition of Long tomorrow and in the coming days. Thanks for reading.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Great news. Really unexpected. I did not think he would become a Ram, nor did I think we'd find out until tomorrow. Great job by the front office.

Given Jake's deal, is anyone keeping track of the number and can post our remaining cap space - thanks.

HeiseNBerg

Pro Bowler
A55VA6 said:
Dolphins fans throwing a fit. I bet Jake and his wife are glad they are leaving.

[tweet]313533106588094464[/tweet]

Ah, yes....Dolphins fans. You gotta love 'em:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RaYgGSHJ5hM[/youtube]

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
A55VA6 said:
Dolphins fans throwing a fit. I bet Jake and his wife are glad they are leaving.

To be fair, Cardinal fans are considered the best/classiest in baseball and you should have seen the vitriol after Pujols signed with the Angels.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
brokeu91 said:
A55VA6 said:

To be fair, Cardinal fans are considered the best/classiest in baseball and you should have seen the vitriol after Pujols signed with the Angels.

Most of that hatred was because of the delusional comments his wife made about the money being an "insult". Jackie Long never did anything that bad. I never had any hatred for Pujols leaving myself; I figured that it wasn't wise to pay a thirty-something-year-old free agent the biggest contract in baseball. Both sides got what they wanted. I didn't have a problem with that, and I still don't.

There's some really nasty people out there in every fanbase.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
Memento said:
brokeu91 said:
A55VA6 said:

Most of that hatred was because of the delusional comments his wife made about the money being an "insult". Jackie Long never did anything that bad. I never had any hatred for Pujols leaving myself; I figured that it wasn't wise to pay a thirty-something-year-old free agent the biggest contract in baseball. Both sides got what they wanted. I didn't have a problem with that, and I still don't.

There's some really nasty people out there in every fanbase.
I agree...hey I'm a Cardinals fan and I almost felt devastated after Pujols left. But that didn't excuse some of the comments that were being made. You're right in that it did seem to involve his wife a lot (because of the comments made about the lack of respect), but it was still pretty bad.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
How Long??? Not Long before the Rams reach the promise land...Now draft Kyle Long and the Long wait for post season is finally back in the Gateway City.

GreeneCounty

Pro Bowler
I hope this team drafts some wideouts now. Because Sam will have protection get him some dam weapons/

Lesson

Oh, really?
Glad to see it's finally done. Gonna be awesome to see Sam have more time for plays to develop on a consistent basis.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Man this is cool. A FA like Jake decides on our team when he has multiple suiters... and one of the others allegedly had offered more money. So satisfying.

And as an added bonus... we also inherit Jackie's future tweets. I can't wait :hehe:

jap

Legend
Selassie I said:
Man this is cool. A FA like Jake decides on our team when he has multiple suiters... and one of the others allegedly had offered more money. So satisfying.

And as an added bonus... we also inherit Jackie's future tweets. I can't wait :hehe:

Yep, he's not all about the quan, after all! :lol:

Playmaker

I will say it and some of you will scoff at it. But the Rams signing Jake Long is every bit as big as when they got Marhsall Faulk in 1999.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Playmaker said:
I will say it and some of you will scoff at it. But the Rams signing Jake Long is every bit as big as when they got Marhsall Faulk in 1999.
*scoff*

Sent via Tapatalk2.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion

ljramsfan

Pro Bowler
Name
LJ
This is how I feel about the signing:
praise-the-lord-o.gif

And this..
tumblr_lu5jysBXLk1qd78o5.gif

Jim Harbaugh be like .....
4JCINXy.gif

Pete Caroll be like .....
failpete.0_standard_352.0.gif

Psycho_X

Legend
So very happy. And to hear that someone else gave him a better contract offer just makes me smile ear to ear. It's nice to have a real front office and coaching staff again.

As Kurt Warner would say....

THANK YOU JESUS!!!!!!!!!!!!

iBruce

Pro Bowler
Name
Cory
I'm glad we got him, but I'm more glad the wait is over.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
[stl]b25238f8-c6e0-46a1-8cca-69f613284171[/stl]
<a class="postlink" href="http://t.co/hPUCrNA2y3" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://t.co/hPUCrNA2y3</a>