Jake Long is a Ram

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
According to sportd center he turned down a 5 yr 45mill to sign with us

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Playmaker said:
I will say it and some of you will scoff at it. But the Rams signing Jake Long is every bit as big as when they got Marhsall Faulk in 1999.

*scoff*

Probably didn't want Roethlisberger hanging around his wife.

Jim Harbaugh be like .....

And as an added bonus... we also inherit Jackie's future tweets. I can't wait

My reaction to the signing:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

The board is in rare form on this one. :mrgreen:

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
RamFan503 said:

You think this is rare... go over to the PD and read the comments coming as a result of Long signing.

1-Bradford trashed Saffold. Saffold gone.

2-Trade Saffold?

Some truly classic stuff. I know I should not got out and read it, but it does provide for some comic relief.

bluecoconuts

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
MontanaRamsFan said:
RamFan503 said:

You think this is rare... go over to the PD and read the comments coming as a result of Long signing.

I must have missed something here.... When did Bradford trash Saffold?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
bluecoconuts said:
MontanaRamsFan said:
RamFan503 said:

He didn't. That's the idiocy that plagues that shitty forum. Evidently, by praising Jake Long's addition to the team, Bradford was trashing Saffold in some way. Seriously, that forum is the joke of the internet, and it's not even close.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zamDkM9YEaA[/youtube]

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
MontanaRamsFan said:
RamFan503 said:

2-Trade Saffold?

Some truly classic stuff. I know I should not got out and read it, but it does provide for some comic relief.

Naw - can't do it. I get plenty of entertainment value over here. The contributors on ROD actually have a sense of humor and know how to use it for the most part. On the PD - it's the ridiculousness of their posts that can be funny but always ends up making me shake my head in disbelief.

And bye the way, Fish says he and Rodg have an understanding and I'll take it as just that. No need to play anything more into it. The players buy into what Fish is doing. That trumps rumors any day.

bluecoconuts

Legend
X said:
bluecoconuts said:
MontanaRamsFan said:
RamFan503 said:

He didn't. That's the idiocy that plagues that shitty forum. Evidently, by praising Jake Long's addition to the team, Bradford was trashing Saffold in some way. Seriously, that forum is the joke of the internet, and it's not even close.

Ah I haven't even seen Sam's reaction yet, I gotta get caught up here, things are moving so quickly now.

A55VA6

Legend
bluecoconuts said:
X said:
bluecoconuts said:
MontanaRamsFan said:
RamFan503 said:

He didn't. That's the idiocy that plagues that cruddy forum. Evidently, by praising Jake Long's addition to the team, Bradford was trashing Saffold in some way. Seriously, that forum is the joke of the internet, and it's not even close.

Ah I haven't even seen Sam's reaction yet, I gotta get caught up here, things are moving so quickly now.
Sam texted Tom Condon (His agent, same as Jake's) “Sam texted me tonight, and he just was elated to have another piece on the offense,” Condon said. “He’s very excited.”

bluecoconuts

Legend
A55VA6 said:
bluecoconuts said:
X said:
bluecoconuts said:
MontanaRamsFan said:
RamFan503 said:

He didn't. That's the idiocy that plagues that cruddy forum. Evidently, by praising Jake Long's addition to the team, Bradford was trashing Saffold in some way. Seriously, that forum is the joke of the internet, and it's not even close.

Sam texted Tom Condon (His agent, same as Jake's) “Sam texted me tonight, and he just was elated to have another piece on the offense,” Condon said. “He’s very excited.”

Ah, thanks... Yeah I don't see that as a diss to Saffold at all, I'd be excited as well. Great players are great players. Any upgrade helps.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I'm excited. Its a steep contract;

Salary: $8.5M average (2013 franchise tag value is $9.8M)
Guarantees: $16M ($20M if he makes the 2014 roster)

But this is a franchise quality player. Those numbers are lower than I feared, which is good.

We got him at the prime of his career... I'm sure the strength and conditioning guys will turn loose on him to shake the injury bug of the past 2 seasons.

Hot damn! We've got some players on this team. The fact he chose us; he's here to win.

A55VA6

Legend
CGI_Ram said:

But this is a franchise quality player. Those numbers are lower than I feared, which is good.

We got him at the prime of his career... I'm sure the strength and conditioning guys will turn loose on him to shake the injury bug of the past 2 seasons.

Hot damn! We've got some players on this team. The fact he chose us; he's here to win.
Agreed man. We're gaining alot of talent on this team. Will be exciting to watch.

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
CGI_Ram said:

Franchise LTs NEVER hit the open market, and to think we got him for decent money. this team is going places.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
A55VA6 said:
bluecoconuts said:
X said:
bluecoconuts said:
MontanaRamsFan said:
RamFan503 said:

Somebody on Ramstalk that it was a slap in the face of Saffold, that Sam called to say he's excited that we have another tackle. That place is just ridiculous sometimes.