Jacob Harris tears ACL and MCL

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Season 5 Fox GIF by New Girl

Shame, I was hoping to see him get involved more.

On the plus side our offence next year should be rather deadly, this year we've been hit by a string of bad luck it seems.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I thought his switch to WR was a bit of a red flag, he offered athleticism as a TE but didn’t think he was fluid enough to be a WR.
And with the lack of depth at TE it really seemed strange.

MachS

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I don't understand the panic in some of you. He was a special teamer. He's had what 3 snaps during the season? Lol. I mean even if someone did get hurt I doubt he would he the guy we call on.
It's not panic, it's pointing out the reality of our WR depth now. What was once a strength no longer is. We just lost Tutu, DJax, and Harris all for the year within 2 weeks. If Woods or Kupp (who gets nicked up every year) get injured Ben Skowronek is our 3rd WR. So yea, no panic but it's not a great situation anymore. I think we should sign Odell if we can.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
I was afraid it was serious. He did it trying to avoid contact with the punt returner that called for a fair catch. He went down and grabbed his knee as soon as he hit the ground.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Too bad, was hoping to see him develop with a little game action on offense.

Ram65

Legend
I don't understand the panic in some of you. He was a special teamer. He's had what 3 snaps during the season? Lol. I mean even if someone did get hurt I doubt he would he the guy we call on.
I don't know about panicking. What was a deep group is running out of depth. Benny Skow looks very promising. I liked J.J. Koski during the preseason.

I thought Harris was too raw. I don't know how he would have done if called upon. I do think missing the rest of the season and having to deal with both injuries will set him back in his development.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
He's been busting his ass on teams so I feel terrible for the dude. This is the league though, so many careers hang on injury but it feels even worse to lose him in what was an ass kicking. Just shitty all around.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
The Ram's depth is dwindling everyday, what 3 players in 2 weeks?
I understand the headache analysis, but he would be coming to a veteran team with good leadership and aspirations for a ring.
That’s fine. Mcvay said never say never so there is that.

As far as depth. Who are The Rams actually missing?

Depth is Ben Sko & JJ Koski.They both had more NFL snaps than Harris or Funk ?

If your talking rookies then maybe Bobby Brown starts to get his head straight produce.

Did you really think Atwell was going to be productive? I went to training camp & reported about the 2 wr’s above looking good.

That’s my 2 cents.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Time to raid some PS's. Short on picks next yr so grab a couple young guys this yr to develop since we have another open roster spot. For example Cornell Powell, WR KC, was a 5th rounder this yr... Decent size, special teamer type with upside.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It's not panic, it's pointing out the reality of our WR depth now. What was once a strength no longer is. We just lost Tutu, DJax, and Harris all for the year within 2 weeks. If Woods or Kupp (who gets nicked up every year) get injured Ben Skowronek is our 3rd WR. So yea, no panic but it's not a great situation anymore. I think we should sign Odell if we can.
There seems to be general consensus’s around here regarding rookies as certainty’s that I don’t understand. How can we consider having tutu and Harris a former strength when we literally don’t know if they are even capable of playing NFL football? Frankly for all we know they suck.

If Kupp or Woods goes down tutu and Harris we’re gonna replace them? Djax certainly hurt our depth but Harris? I mean in a literal numbers standpoint sure we have 1 less body but to think we were ever capable of replacing Kupp or Woods with Harris and not be royally fucked is wishful thinking at best. We can essentially grab (insert random practice squad player here) and be just as well off as we were with Harris, dude is a literal flyer of a draft pick who one day might be able to contribute

MachS

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
If Kupp or Woods goes down tutu and Harris we’re gonna replace them? Djax certainly hurt our depth but Harris? I mean in a literal numbers standpoint sure we have 1 less body
Your logic makes zero sense. We’re talking about depth and we lost 3 bodies on our depth chart, not one. To think some random practice squad player is going to come in and pick up the system and be as talented as a 2nd or 4th round pick is insane. The only reason a Tutu and Harris didn’t see the field was because of our abundance of WR depth. It had nothing to do with their talent. And now that depth is gone. To brush off losing 3 WRs on our 53man roster as if it’s nothing is laughable. Kupp gets hurt every year and his usage now is higher than ever. They were all quality insurance who were tremendous athletes, not random practice squad chumps.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
We've losing our explosive players that McVay wanted so badly and are now down to possession receivers. I hope Van steps up and becomes a legitimate deep threat. He's having trouble coming down with the tough catch and we need to keep those safeties deep so Woods and Kupp can feast.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Not a significant impact short-term, but really stings when you look at the long-term plans. Player development for rookies and 2nd years in this Rams system is vital to stay at the cream of the crop with how much we push the cap to its limits with star power like Donald, Ramsey, Miller, and Stafford.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Your logic makes zero sense.
Thanks friendly discussion we got going here.
We’re talking about depth and we lost 3 bodies on our depth chart, not one.
Well yes I said Harris = down 1 body.
To think some random practice squad player is going to come in and pick up the system and be as talented as a 2nd or 4th round pick is insane.
Very true that picking up the system would be an issue. However raw talent is for the future…I’ll say it again if we lose woods and Kupp we were always going to be in trouble and Jacob Harris was not going to fix that this year or maybe not ever.
The only reason a Tutu and Harris didn’t see the field was because of our abundance of WR depth. It had nothing to do with their talent.
The reason tutu and Harris didn’t see the field is because they weren’t as good as the players in front of them same as any backup/depth player in the league. The other reason Tutu and Harris didn’t see the field is because the rams are a good team and good teams don’t trot out a wr core of tutu atwell and Jacob Harris. Everyone in the NFL has talent. What Harris/Atwell have is untapped potential which may or may not ever be actualized on sundays.

To brush off losing 3 WRs on our 53man roster as if it’s nothing is laughable.

Well it’s not nothing, it’s certainly not ideal mostly for the development of our young guys, it’s just not that serious as it’s being made to be in this thread. Sure I feel bad for the kid but the Rams relying on Jacob Harris in 2021 was not ever in the cards.
. They were all quality insurance who were tremendous athletes, not random practice squad chumps.
Yes Jacob Harris is a great athlete but calling him quality insurance for cooper kupp is whats actually laughable here

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
Sean McVay vs Tenn, never once changed his personnel grouping. Used 11 P all game. Today in talking w/ Farr & Long mentioned w/ Harris gone the plan will be to use more different personnel groupings.
McVay was brutal in 1st half calling plays. "drop back" and let Stafford work. Coach must mix things up and not be so predictable.
Rollouts and mix in some 21 P and make the DC think and be more reactive to us!!!

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
Thanks friendly discussion we got going here.

Well yes I said Harris = down 1 body.

Very true that picking up the system would be an issue. However raw talent is for the future…I’ll say it again if we lose woods and Kupp we were always going to be in trouble and Jacob Harris was not going to fix that this year or maybe not ever.

The reason tutu and Harris didn’t see the field is because they weren’t as good as the players in front of them same as any backup/depth player in the league. The other reason Tutu and Harris didn’t see the field is because the rams are a good team and good teams don’t trot out a wr core of tutu atwell and Jacob Harris. Everyone in the NFL has talent. What Harris/Atwell have is untapped potential which may or may not ever be actualized on sundays.

Well it’s not nothing, it’s certainly not ideal mostly for the development of our young guys, it’s just not that serious as it’s being made to be in this thread. Sure I feel bad for the kid but the Rams relying on Jacob Harris in 2021 was not ever in the cards.

Yes Jacob Harris is a great athlete but calling him quality insurance for cooper kupp is whats actually laughable here
I don't share your confidence that losing three roster guys at wr, one vet and even two rookies, doesn't matter much. They were drafted or signed and on the team for a reason. They are talented athletes who went through a lot of prep in our system.

And now we're one injury to a starter away from a real problem and impact to our passing game.

Maybe we can replace them with other bodies from practice squads or unsigned players, but personally I am much less confident of that.

It also makes showing Jackson out the door seem a bit short sighted at the moment. Even though he asked for it.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
Sean McVay vs Tenn, never once changed his personnel grouping. Used 11 P all game. Today in talking w/ Farr & Long mentioned w/ Harris gone the plan will be to use more different personnel groupings.
McVay was brutal in 1st half calling plays. "drop back" and let Stafford work. Coach must mix things up and not be so predictable.
Rollouts and mix in some 21 P and make the DC think and be more reactive to us!!!
Erroneous needed to add 12 P, not 21 P...oops I too need to be better