It's Official Saffold's Season is Done Ir'd.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
http://www.stltoday.com/sports/foot...cle_337b6af4-12de-11e1-bf66-0019bb30f31a.html

Saffold placed on IR, needs surgery
BY JIM THOMAS

A disappointing season for left tackle Rodger Saffold has come to an early finish.

Saffold, a second-round draft pick from Indiana University in 2010, was placed on the injured reserve list Saturday by the Rams. He will undergo surgery for a torn pectoral muscle suffered while lifting weights Friday and is done for the season.

Saffold becomes the 10th player on the Rams' current injured reserve list. (Five additional players, all cornerbacks, had been on the IR earlier this season but either reached an injury settlement with the team or were waived once they became healthy.)

Saffold was one of the surprises of the entire 2010 draft with his play last season for the Rams. But he struggled with pass protection this season, although he has played better lately. Mark LeVoir, who was signed Oct. 26, starts in Saffold's place Sunday against Seattle.

The Rams' starting offensive line against the Seahawks will feature only two opening day starters _ guards Jacob Bell and Harvey Dahl. Center Jason Brown was replaced in the starting lineup by Tony Wragge last week against Cleveland, and Wragge will start again against Seattle. At right tackle, Adam Goldberg makes his fourth consecutive start in place of Jason Smith, who continues to be sidelined with a concussion.

Tackle/guard Kevin Hughes was promoted to the active roster from the practice squad Saturday to fill Saffold's roster spot. Hughes, a rookie from Southeast Louisiana, started 35 consecutive games in college including 22 at left tackle. Hughes was one of two dozen undrafted rookies signed by the Rams after the lockout ended in late July.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
This is so wrong... but... I . Can't . Resist .

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I really am sorry!!!! I take it back!!!!

This was WAY out of line.

Damn tequila

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Damn! My heart sunk. This has made me realize just how important Saffold is to us this year.

WestCoastRam

Legend
I don't care if you're drinking. And what really sucks is that the only things I can think to do in response to this would get me banned. And what I really want right now is to get you banned.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Its funny now but if Saffold ends up with a fluke injury, ITS YOUR FAULT!!!

rdw

Pro Bowler
YKqdKvg.gif

V3

Hall of Fame
Maternal procreator! LOL! Had me until I read the torn boob muscle part.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I don't care if you're drinking. And what really sucks is that the only things I can think to do in response to this would get me banned. And what I really want right now is to get you banned.

I'm sorry WestCoastRam. Seriously. I would take it back.

Banishment?
Seriously???

Status
Not open for further replies.