It's Official Saffold's Season is Done Ir'd.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher
http://www.stltoday.com/sports/foot...cle_337b6af4-12de-11e1-bf66-0019bb30f31a.html

Saffold placed on IR, needs surgery
BY JIM THOMAS

A disappointing season for left tackle Rodger Saffold has come to an early finish.

Saffold, a second-round draft pick from Indiana University in 2010, was placed on the injured reserve list Saturday by the Rams. He will undergo surgery for a torn pectoral muscle suffered while lifting weights Friday and is done for the season.

Saffold becomes the 10th player on the Rams' current injured reserve list. (Five additional players, all cornerbacks, had been on the IR earlier this season but either reached an injury settlement with the team or were waived once they became healthy.)

Saffold was one of the surprises of the entire 2010 draft with his play last season for the Rams. But he struggled with pass protection this season, although he has played better lately. Mark LeVoir, who was signed Oct. 26, starts in Saffold's place Sunday against Seattle.

The Rams' starting offensive line against the Seahawks will feature only two opening day starters _ guards Jacob Bell and Harvey Dahl. Center Jason Brown was replaced in the starting lineup by Tony Wragge last week against Cleveland, and Wragge will start again against Seattle. At right tackle, Adam Goldberg makes his fourth consecutive start in place of Jason Smith, who continues to be sidelined with a concussion.

Tackle/guard Kevin Hughes was promoted to the active roster from the practice squad Saturday to fill Saffold's roster spot. Hughes, a rookie from Southeast Louisiana, started 35 consecutive games in college including 22 at left tackle. Hughes was one of two dozen undrafted rookies signed by the Rams after the lockout ended in late July.

Wow... I just started breathing again. That was a good one!

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
At first I started to panic, then I saw the date on the article. Got me going on this one

JUMAVA68

Starter
Name
Manuel
You got me with it that was perfect timing considering everyone is waiting on a update on saffold..So kudos to you for well played prank but in the words of Roman Moronie this means FARGIN WAR ICEHOLE

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
You got me with it that was perfect timing considering everyone is waiting on a update on saffold..So kudos to you for well played prank but in the words of Roman Moronie this means FARGIN WAR ICEHOLE
nydHzB1.jpg

Ky Ram

Pro Bowler
This is about the dirtiest trick that's been played on me since my ex wife made me say I do:fighting:

BeachRam78

Rookie
Name
john
Wow, that got me going to at first. Perfect timing on bringing up that old post lol. I was shaking my head thinking that's all we need is to lose Saffold for the year. I can breath easy now :D

Status
Not open for further replies.