Isaiah Battle waived

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Question....How many 5th round Snead/Fisher selections are on our 53 player Ram roster after 4 NFL Ram drafts?:bueller:

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Question....How many 5th round Snead/Fisher selections are on our 53 player Ram roster after 4 NFL Ram drafts?:bueller:

Brandon McGee is the only one. I believe that makes them 1 of 3 we seem to trade our 5th rounder a lot to move up in a round. The other 2 I recall were Rok Watkins and Zac Stacy.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
There were valid concerns about certain players making it to the PS.

yeah but every team has to cut players that they like as well and know their system. we go through this every year and nobody gets claimed.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Brandon McGee is the only one. I believe that makes them 1 of 3 we seem to trade our 5th rounder a lot to move up in a round. The other 2 I recall were Rok Watkins and Zac Stacy.

Your about right here OldSchool.......presently our 53 player roster does NOT contain any (zero) 5th round selections.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

rotoworld at it again.

Isaiah Battle - T - Rams
Rams signed OT Isaiah Battle to the practice squad.

The Rams are doing for the price of a fifth-round pick what they could have done for free in July. It's just the latest of a litany of questionable moves from a team that rightly values upside, but constantly overestimates it. Battle can be signed away from the practice squad by any NFL team at any time.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Guys, obviously Rotoworld knew in advance that the Rams would not have any major injuries on their line this preseason, and that every draft pick ahead of Battle as well as an UDFA would develop better than expected, leaving no room for a guy on the 53 man roster with less than 2 months time working in the NFL. I mean, they knew the concept of drafting a talented but raw OT as insurance would be unnecessary, and they routinely blast EVERY team in the NFL whenever they do anything as insurance that turns out not to be needed.

They also knew for a fact that Battle would have been willing to sign with the Rams as a free agent, and if he hadn't initially he would still have been willing to be signed to the practice squad.

Oh, and I love when Rotoworld picks the Powerball numbers correctly every time, too.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Fixed, but not you too 503, McGee has played the majority of the Chicago Bears game in 2013.....C'mon, @den-the-coach has reaches unknown in here!!!!!
Ha! Guess I missed that huge stint as a player for us. Guess you can't accuse me of pulling everything from a stat sheet. :D

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Fixed, but not you too 503, McGee has played the majority of the Chicago Bears game in 2013.....C'mon, @den-the-coach has reaches unknown in here!!!!!

No issue here @LACHAMP46 everyone just tired of playing Where's Brandon?
waldonow.jpg

Brandon-McGee-3.jpg

Amitar

Pro Bowler
Name
Amitar
I totally agree. Just wasted a 5th round pick. Just the other day Turf Show Times had Battle making the 53 man roster as did a number of people here. This ranks right up there with cutting Keenum, while never starting him when they had the chance, then trading for him a few months later, and now he is the back up QB.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I totally agree. Just wasted a 5th round pick. Just the other day Turf Show Times had Battle making the 53 man roster as did a number of people here. This ranks right up there with cutting Keenum, while never starting him when they had the chance, then trading for him a few months later.
Well then TST is moronic. Battle is WAYYYY behind as it relates to being acclimated with the offense. Dude was signed at the end of July for cryin' out loud. And it's not a waste if he's on our PS, right? 5th round pick. Who cares? Those are somehow huge commodities now? The bust rate on those picks are sky high.

I don't understand how you think Keenum was able to start after being acquired in September of last year either. He wasn't studying the Rams' playbook while in Houston as far as I know. Were it not for the Texans' QBs dropping like flies, he would have likely remained on our practice squad and not have to be picked up via trade again. And it cost us a 7th rounder. For a starting caliber QB? Bargain.

So basically you have a problem with wasting a 5th that we didn't actually waste, and a 7th for a backup QB that could have been used for someone we're gonna cut anyway. That about cover it?