Is Snead the right guy for a rebuild?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And the roster was a train wreck for the most part. Worst five year win/loss stretch in NFL history IIRC.

Rams became somewhat relevant again immediately in 2012. It’s not Snead’s fault we ran a middle school offense.
Exactly. He brought in the talent.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Absolutely he is. Generally though if you start this kind of thread you have an alternative that you’re pushing Otherwise there’s not much to discuss.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Absolutely he is. Generally though if you start this kind of thread you have an alternative that you’re pushing Otherwise there’s not much to discuss.
Didn't he rebuild in 2017? Did Fisher leave him a decent team?

Traded William Hayes. Allowed Britt, Cunningham, Keenum, McDonald and Kendricks walk in free agency.
Signed Whitworth, Sullivan, Woods, Robey-Coleman, Blythe, Tyrunn Walker, Conner Barwin and Kayvon Webster. Traded for Watkins.
Drafted (sans no 1st round pick) Everett. Kupp, Johnson, Reynolds and Ebukam (all 5 still playing)

Went from 4-12 to 11-5 and got the Rams in the postseason for the first time in a dozen years.

Then continued the rebuild and got to the Superbowl

Traded Ogletree, Austin and Quinn away
Traded for Cooks, Peters, Talib
Let Watkins and Trumaine Johnson leave via free agency
Signed Suh and Shields
Drafted (sans no 1st or 2nd round pick) Noteboom, Allen, SJD and Travin Howard
Then traded for Fowler during the season.

Went from 11-5 to 13-3 and won 2 playoff games but lost the Superbowl.

A 2 year rebuild? Absolutely. And then 3 years later won the Superbowl.

Is Snead the right guy for the job? Who in the hell would you like better? Besides it's not a rebuild. It's a tweaking because of their roster management that's all they need to do.

Last edited:

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
We know his role in getting some good pieces for the run to win it all. Thoughts?

The question is whether McVay is part of this rebuild. Because we are in a rebuild question is whether it can be quick i.e. a reload moreso than a rebuild.

If he IS going to lead it then yes Snead is the GM. They work well together and won us a Lombardi. It is not a question.

If he is NOT going to lead it then the GM chair will be determined by the head coach hire to replace McVay. Because Kroenke will be looking for a top coaching candidate and paying premium bucks. And if he gets a top coach like for example Asshole Face the GM chair will be filled at his desire. It would be the same with Harbaugh, who had to argue with his GM during his time in Shit Francisco.

There is a chance that McVay leaves and guys like Asshole Face don't want to coach the Rams due to the cap needing a year or so to recover. But I think the Rams owner overcomes that. This is the best owner in the game. He changed out a young QB who had taken us to the Super Bowl because he trusts his coach. So if it comes to all that we'll see what happens but I think coaches are well aware of how important it is to have an owner like Stan Kroenke.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Didn't he rebuild in 2017? Did Fisher leave him a decent team?

Traded William Hayes. Allowed Britt, Cunningham, Keenum, McDonald and Kendricks walk in free agency.
Signed Whitworth, Sullivan, Woods, Robey-Coleman, Blythe, Tyrunn Walker, Conner Barwin and Kayvon Webster. Traded for Watkins.
Drafted (sans no 1st round pick) Everett. Kupp, Johnson, Reynolds and Ebukam (all 5 still playing)

Went from 4-12 to 11-5 and got the Rams in the postseason for the first time in a dozen years.

Then continued the rebuild and got to the Superbowl

Traded Ogletree, Austin and Quinn away
Traded for Cooks, Peters, Talib
Let Watkins and Trumaine Johnson leave via free agency
Signed Suh and Shields
Drafted (sans no 1st or 2nd round pick) Noteboom, Allen, SJD and Travin Howard
Then traded for Fowler during the season.

Went from 11-5 to 13-3 and won 2 playoff games but lost the Superbowl.

A 2 year rebuild? Absolutely. And then 3 years later won the Superbowl.

Is Snead the right guy for the job? Who in the hell would you like better? Besides it's not a rebuild. It's a tweaking because of their roster management that's all they need to do.
Genuinely have no idea why you quoted me

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I was agreeing with your "Absolutely he is" and attempted to give an example......prolly should have said that to start.
I’m like brother is agreeing with what did I misread :laugh1:

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Is it wrong to believe the Rams are in a much different place in overall Ram team valued resources & assets from the 2012 off-season? The future assets have been spent for several seasons & will continue already spent into the future.

The sizeable amount of nuclear arsenal Snead had in 2017 to rebuild/restock vs his two to three 22 cal. rounds now for this upcoming 2023 season?

Last edited:

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Is it wrong to believe the Rams are in a much different place in overall Ram team valued resources & assets from the 2012 off-season? The future assets have been spent for several seasons & will continue already spent into the future.

The sizeable amount of nuclear arsenal Snead had in 2017 to rebuild/restock vs his two to three 22 cal. rounds now for this upcoming 2023 season?
It's not wrong to believe anything within reason. What "nuclear arsenal" did he have in 2017?

HIs drafting record is pretty good if we look at it as a whole. We have had 6 drafts and 29 guys from those drafts are with the team. That's 5 per draft which ain't too shabby. 9 are starters. 7 guys are with other teams (all starters). 60-37 (+1), 4 postseasons (7-3), 2 SB, 1 Lombardi.

Last edited:

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
Not really. Snead was here since 2011. Donald, Brockers, trumaine Johnson, Gurley, Havenstein, Kupp, John Johnson. All Snead. All very important to that 2017 season.
But we did not have a winning record during that time, and the year before we went 4-12. We weren’t going anywhere until he brought in quality offensive vets (along with coaching).

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
The Rams would be drafting 6th overall if the season were already over. More than likely, the Rams would get a top ten selection, albeit without a 1st round pick.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
But we did not have a winning record during that time, and the year before we went 4-12. We weren’t going anywhere until he brought in quality offensive vets (along with coaching).
People also often forget that Fisher had total control, we drafted who he wanted.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I was agreeing with your "Absolutely he is" and attempted to give an example......prolly should have said that to start.
You have conditioned OS to think you're disagreeing with him.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

It’s not wrong!!’

I do think right now it’s easier to have doubts if your talking track record with The Rams Front office.

They always make big time moves that I always think are IMPOSSIBLE?

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
People also often forget that Fisher had total control, we drafted who he wanted.
That's true, but people also forget that Sean McVay had to sign off on Snead staying as GM, if it was not a match, McVay could have asked for someone else and the Rams would have made the move.