Is Snead the right guy for a rebuild?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Tumak61

Pro Bowler
Name
Tumak61
We know his role in getting some good pieces for the run to win it all. Thoughts?

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
McSnead brought a 4-12 2016 team to 2 Super Bowls with one Lombardi. Yes, I think he can do it again.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
TBF, Snead fixed us in 2017 with free agents. Whitworth Sullivan Woods Watkins turned our offense around. It will be interesting to see what he does with the draft since we don’t have money. A lot of recent high to mid level picks are looking busty. I hope he makes changes to our OL scouting.

tempests

Hall of Fame
Snead led the Rams through a rebuild once already. Started when he first got here and the Rams had almost nothing. 2021 was the culmination of ten years of work.

Why is this even a question?
Because a rebuild by necessity requires keeping your first round picks rather than trading them away. Fewer "splash trades" and more "slow and steady wins the race".

Rams aren't in the rebuild stage yet but they could be in a few years. It's at least plausible by then they would have a new GM/HC combo.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Yes. And we're seeing that maybe we didn't draft as poorly as we originally thought

Tano

Legend
Yes. And we're seeing that maybe we didn't draft as poorly as we originally thought
Just in 2020 and 2021 when he didn't draft an OL until the 7th round in 2021

Need to make OL a fairly high priority in the draft each year

One in the top 4 rounds every year is good for me

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Snead was hired in 2011. We were rebuilding.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
TBF, Snead fixed us in 2017 with free agents. Whitworth Sullivan Woods Watkins turned our offense around. It will be interesting to see what he does with the draft since we don’t have money. A lot of recent high to mid level picks are looking busty. I hope he makes changes to our OL scouting.
Not really. Snead was here since 2011. Donald, Brockers, trumaine Johnson, Gurley, Havenstein, Kupp, John Johnson. All Snead. All very important to that 2017 season.

fearsomefour

Legend
A rebuild means moving on from Stafford, Donald, Ramsey and some others.....I don't see that happening.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Snead was hired in 2011. We were rebuilding.
And the roster was a train wreck for the most part. Worst five year win/loss stretch in NFL history IIRC.

Rams became somewhat relevant again immediately in 2012. It’s not Snead’s fault we ran a middle school offense.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Snead led the Rams through a rebuild once already. Started when he first got here and the Rams had almost nothing. 2021 was the culmination of ten years of work.

Because a rebuild by necessity requires keeping your first round picks rather than trading them away. Fewer "splash trades" and more "slow and steady wins the race".

Rams aren't in the rebuild stage yet but they could be in a few years. It's at least plausible by then they would have a new GM/HC combo.

LMFAO - J.E.T.S!!!!

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
As long as Snead has McVay as his partner in crime, yes they can successfully rebuild together. But I think they can stall a complete rebuild for a year or two with the right moves. And some better luck with health.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
As long as Snead has McVay as his partner in crime, yes they can successfully rebuild together. But I think they can stall a complete rebuild for a year or two with the right moves. And some better luck with health.

Sign Baker & trade Stafford? Trade Ramsey for draft pick as well. Any chance of getting anything else back in return from trading for them ?

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer

Slow and steady also gets you fired.

Every team is always "rebuilding".

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I thought this was one of those "Blue Font" threads where we all laugh about how silly of a question it is.....