Is Marc Bulger a Rams legend?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Pardon my French, but what the freak? I was too young during the little days to hear about this. But how the hell did this guy not get prison??? I used to like him as a player. But now, accusing the women of running a yellow? Pretty sure that means your light is still red, dumbass. This pisses me off. Another example of how athletes are treated better then the average person.

It was probably worse back then.

In all fairness, his manslaughter sentence wasn't unusual at the time. I just would have traded him or cut him. FISHER would trade or cut him. No way Fisher let's this slide. It's one of the reasons I respect the man, win or lose, he doesn't tolerate that shit. He'll forgive mistakes in the past, but on his watch, he'll come down on you.

What pisses me off most is he played the "never drank and drove before" card and then got caught again, and did NO time. If someone is caught twice, we all know they have done it over and over. I'm not holy, I sin too, but damned if I could play this man in STL where the family had to hear about the star football player making untold millions and living the high life for year after year and no one even remembers this mother's name.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Bulger won the last playoff game IN Seattle for the Rams on Jan. 8th, 2004.

*drops mic.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Crap.

I forgot to tell y'all what John Shaw had to say about this topic.

earthquake.gif

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
I don't understand the logic as to blaming Bulger for running Warner out of town...All he did was to play when he was told to play, and do it to the best of his ability...

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
always liked Mark. I never blamed him for what happened to Warner.
+1.

Too many people held it against him that Warner was forced out and would never allow him to be anything but the goat that ruined the Rams.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
+1.

Too many people held it against him that Warner was forced out and would never allow him to be anything but the goat that ruined the Rams.
So many forces conspired to ruin the Rams post GSOT, and none of those were named Mark. I can understand how he has become a metaphor for the decline, but to take it to the literal is role of Ramstalk scum :)

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
So many forces conspired to ruin the Rams post GSOT, and none of those were named Mark. I can understand how he has become a metaphor for the decline, but to take it to the literal is role of Ramstalk scum :)
The guys who destroyed the Rams are named Zygmunt, Linehan and Rosenblum. I don't blame Martz as much, he may be a terrible HC, but I don't think he was team destroying bad, more team derailing bad.

Man Ramstalk was so weird, everyone who hated Bulger grew to become vehemently for Bradford and everyone who loved and defended Bulger became vehemently against Bradford. That site is full of women.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
He's one of the best Ram QB's I ever saw, not quite as good as Warner during his good Ram years. But better than any 90's, Everett was close. 80's, 70's QB. Better than Gabriel in the 60's by a little. So gets back to Van Brocklin and Waterfield. They were better.
Pretty short list....
Put it this way, if the Rams had him at his prime this year they would be the team to beat to win the Super Bowl.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
sad. always visited my buddy at WVU and bars still have Bulgers pictures and signed jerseys hanging. both him and Jackson. battle weary elite athletes at there position on a totally unbalanced disaster of a team. underrated. but we Rams like our WVU offensive players(y)

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
He may have been somewhat a product of the system, but getting to 10,000 passing yards faster than Dan Marino is no joke.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
He may have been somewhat a product of the system, but getting to 10,000 passing yards faster than Dan Marino is no joke.
It's hard to say he was a product of a system when it was falling apart in rapid succession around him.

By the time he took over guys from the GSOT were dropping like flies.

He may have still had guys like Holt, Bruce and Pace, but they replaced many others with guys like Barron, Klopfenstein and other losers soon surrounding him. in only like 3 years time.

ramfan46

Pro Bowler
Marc also led my favorite comeback in my young history as Ram fan going back to 1990 and picking the Horns as my team to pull for. The comeback against the Seahawks in Seattle in the regular season being down 17 points in the 4th Qtr and leading a furious comeback hitting Kevin Curtis and Shaun McDonald for the game winning TD in OT. That win is right behind the 00 SB win for me. You just knew you always had a shot with Marc and Martz at the time.

Imagine what Bulger could do with a Fisher D??

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
It's hard to say he was a product of a system when it was falling apart in rapid succession around him.

By the time he took over guys from the GSOT were dropping like flies.

He may have still had guys like Holt, Bruce and Pace, but they replaced many others with guys like Barron, Klopfenstein and other losers soon surrounding him. in only like 3 years time.
Yeah, I know. I was talking about the amount of games it took for him to get to 10K yards. That was during the prime of the GSOT, more or less.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
This picture expresses my opinion of Leonard Little!
5167a9d209a91_preview-620.jpg

I Loved watching him play, Like I do Quinn Today!!