Is Isaiah Pead In Trouble?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
DR RAM said:
CGI_Ram said:
I am being totally honest; we want Pead to succeed to the point people are making excuses for him.

I still think he could pan out.. . But, the burden of proof is on Pead.

He's not shown anything close to his draft position. Fact.

I am rooting for him: but a spade is a spade.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
Excuses?
Yeah, I don't hear many excuses for him. Just disappointment that he hasn't lived up to his potential yet.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
DR RAM said:
CGI_Ram said:
I am being totally honest; we want Pead to succeed to the point people are making excuses for him.

Excuses?

Yeah, listen to us; "he had a hard go because he graduated late". "He held the ball tight on this last fumble any of the backs would have fumbled ".

He's suspended week 1 by the league, yet we blow it off.

It's all BS.

Pead owns this criticism.

Pead can dig his way out... But...

So far... He's done nothing to deserve our excuses.

V3

Hall of Fame
Is anyone ever going to feel relaxed when he has the ball in his hands? Every time he touches the ball I hold my breath. I'm not sure that's ever going to change for me with him.

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I never felt relaxed when hakim had the ball either but I enjoyed watching him play. Most of the time. :lol:

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
V3 said:
Is anyone ever going to feel relaxed when he has the ball in his hands? Every time he touches the ball I hold my breath. I'm not sure that's ever going to change for me with him.

I'm not piling on the guy, but agree.

He can change this.

But far, he's done nothing to do that.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
CGI_Ram said:

Agreed everyone wants Pead to be successful, however, ball security is a must and you can't keep putting the ball on the ground. We as Ram fans have been spoiled over the years with the likes of Faulk & Jackson, but many of us remember Cleveland Gary too.

Pead has quite a bit to offer, but let's see a game where he gets more than 10 carries and does not put the ball on the ground. I hope he starts against the Packers and they feed him in college he had 9 fumbles and 632 carries so let's hope he can put this behind him.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
den-the-coach said:
CGI_Ram said:

Agreed everyone wants Pead to be successful, however, ball security is a must and you can't keep putting the ball on the ground. We as Ram fans have been spoiled over the years with the likes of Faulk & Jackson, but many of us remember Cleveland Gary too.

Pead has quite a bit to offer, but let's see a game where he gets more than 10 carries and does not put the ball on the ground. I hope he starts against the Packers and they feed him in college he had 9 fumbles and 632 carries so let's hope he can put this behind him.

This is what I want.

Pead or get off the pot.

If Pead is the real deal, feed him, and prove it.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
CGI_Ram said:
DR RAM said:
CGI_Ram said:

Excuses?

Yeah, listen to us; "he had a hard go because he graduated late". "He held the ball tight on this last fumble any of the backs would have fumbled ".

It's all BS.

His suspension was from LAST year, which is why he was in Fisher's doghouse. Blow it off, it sucks, and it was his fault, obviously. Poss. of mary jane. Not smart.

I'm being totally objective when I say that he was holding the ball correctly...prove me wrong, but he got clobbered by a really good tackle, and play by Phil Taylor. I think it's fair to say that hardly anyone could have held that ball with the same sledgehammer coming down on the ball perfectly.

The rest of his game was really good, unless you believe Bernie Kosar, especially his pass pro, where he made an exceptional block.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
DR RAM said:
CGI_Ram said:
DR RAM said:
CGI_Ram said:

Excuses?

It's all BS.

His suspension was from LAST year, which is why he was in Fisher's doghouse. Blow it off, it sucks, and it was his fault, obviously. Poss. of mary jane. Not smart.

I'm being totally objective when I say that he was holding the ball correctly...prove me wrong, but he got clobbered by a really good tackle, and play by Phil Taylor. I think it's fair to say that hardly anyone could have held that ball with the same sledgehammer coming down on the ball perfectly.

The rest of his game was really good, unless you believe Bernie Kosar, especially his pass pro, where he made an exceptional block.

Not picking on you DR directly... Just sick of defending Pead.

Shut me up on the field, Isaiah.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
CGI_Ram said:
DR RAM said:
CGI_Ram said:
DR RAM said:
CGI_Ram said:

Excuses?

It's all BS.

If you are picking on me, I don't mind, because I don't willy nilly throw out excuses for players. I do it based on my experience, opinion, and what I see with my own eyes. I don't trust the media, just like when I questioned the context of what Softli said about Pead. I don't work on agendas. To tell the truth, I am rooting for Benny, because I think he is the most complete back, but I will always be honest in my evals.

I like Rich, and I think he was a steal, but i don't like his pass pro, and I think he takes too many big hits. Haven't seen enough of Stacy, but I saw him blow a pass pro in an important sitch, but I also saw him do better later. He didn't show me much after that, but small sample size. I just worry that too many people judge people too quick. These are young players, give them reps, let them play.

Pead does have to prove himself, but he doesn't deserve the biased criticism and pressure that he is receiving, at this point, IMO.

iced

CGI_Ram said:

If you watched him in Pass pro you'd realize he was the best at it that night (and impressive when he picked up the LB and drove him into the ground) - this offense is going to throw a lot, and I want a back out there that can pick up the blitz.

Don't forget about his 10 yard scamper either.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
iced said:
and I want a back out there that can pick up the blitz.

Don't forget about his 10 yard scamper either.

iced...I will show more love than you can post just as long as he keeps the ball secure. He has small hands, but hopefully this will not be a trend.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
DR RAM said:
Pead does have to prove himself, but he doesn't deserve the biased criticism and pressure that he is receiving, at this point, IMO.

This is where I disagree.

He (Pead) was a high draft pick and in his 2nd preseason looks just as out matched as last year.

Some guys don't make the leap... speed - wise... I hope Pead does... But I've seen nothing to suggest he will to this point.

I'm done with excuses. Time to play ball,Pead!

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
CGI_Ram said:
DR RAM said:
CGI_Ram said:

Excuses?

It's all BS.

I tend to agree with you CGI. Its about production,and not counter-production. It takes some guys longer than others to progress,sure,but Pead has been a Ram for a full year. He needs to start showing flashes...something that indicates that he's headed in the right direction.

So far we've seen and heard him lose his job to a 7th rounder,then the offseason ramblings of depression or whatever and now its quite obvious(to me) that he's suffering from a complete lack of confidence.

All that is on Pead. Step up or step off. The opportunities have been there(last season),and there are still opportunities ahead...

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
mojorizen7 said:
CGI_Ram said:
DR RAM said:
CGI_Ram said:

Excuses?

It's all BS.

I tend to agree with you CGI. Its about production,and not counter-production. It takes some guys longer than others to progress,sure,but Pead has been a Ram for a full year. He needs to start showing flashes...something that indicates that he's headed in the right direction.

So far we've seen and heard him lose his job to a 7th rounder,then the offseason ramblings of depression or whatever and now its quite obvious(to me) that he's suffering from a complete lack of confidence.

All that is on Pead. Step up or step off. The opportunities have been there(last season),and there are still opportunities ahead...

My position exactly.

A55VA6

Legend
I agree with CGI.

I hope the kid turns it around but.. i just don't see it.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
CGI_Ram said:
DR RAM said:

He (Pead) was a high draft pick and in his 2nd preseason looks just as out matched as last year.

Some guys don't make the leap... speed - wise... I hope Pead does... But I've seen nothing to suggest he will to this point.

How many carries has he had?...Outmatched, by who, what? He had a fumble, worst case scenario for him, but other than that, what was the problem, and try to stay in the now.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
DR RAM said:
CGI_Ram said:
DR RAM said:

How many carries has he had?...Outmatched, by who, what? He had a fumble, worst case scenario for him, but other than that, what was the problem, and try to stay in the now.
The dude had virtually NO oppo's last year...be honest.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

6 yards a pop. who outmatched him?

obviously drich looked better but as i said earlier the rams will take 6 yards a pop every day of the week.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
AWESOME! Our first board war!

Pead lovers vs Pead haters. :lmao:

mexican-standoff-photo.jpg