Is Isaiah Pead In Trouble?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
<a class="postlink" href="http://ramblinfan.com/2013/08/09/is-isaiah-pead-in-trouble/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://ramblinfan.com/2013/08/09/is-isa ... n-trouble/</a>
The Rams lost their first preseason game to the Browns 27-19 and if it is one thing that was blatantly obvious it was that Daryl Richardson has separated himself from the pack in the running back competition. Zac Stacy and Benny Cunningham also had respectable games.

The one running back that did not have a good game however was the one everyone was hoping would, Isaiah Pead. This leads us to the question, is Isaiah Pead in trouble and is he fighting for a spot on the roster?

Isaiah Pead didn’t have the best start to Thursday’s game to say the least. On the Rams’ first offensive drive, Bradford had lead the Rams just outside the red zone only to have Pead fumble and the Browns recover. Pead did end up having three carries for 18 yards, but still fumbling on the first drive is not really the best way to make a good impression in the running back competition. Pead not only made a negative impact running the football, but he made absolutely no impact catching out of the backfield where it is said he could make his biggest impact.

What makes the situation even worse for Pead is that Zac Stacy had a good night with seven carries for 23 yards along with two receptions that went for 13 yards.Benny Cunningham also surprised many by coming out of nowhere having five carries for 20 yards.

Cunningham and Stacy are two rookies that showed some good things to the coaches in their debut while Pead is in his second year and struggling. If Pead isn’t careful these two rookies could very well pass him on the depth chart and cost him his spot on the roster.

The Rams took Pead in the second round in last year’s draft in hopes that he would be the become the replacement for Steven Jackson, which right now isn’t working out so well. The Rams had good reason to draft Pead as he rushed for over 1,000 yards in last two seasons at Cincinnati and had respectable numbers catching out of the backfield. Pead had playmaking ability, but due to Cincinnati ’s academic calendar, Pead was forced to miss part of mini-camp and never really caught up, Richardson snuck ahead and never looked back.

In the few opportunities that Pead did get last season had one fumble and that is on limited touches. Not to mention this season Pead is already suspended week one of the regular season and had another fumble. Pead has player study issues, ball security issues, and off the field issues. If Pead doesn’t clean up his act quick he might as well put his name next to Mardy Gilyard’s as Cincinnati draft busts to come through St. Louis. Pead is honestly more trouble than he is worth right now and he is lucky he was a second round pick last year, because if he wasn’t, the Rams would probably cut him, heck Fisher might still cut him.

Isaiah Pead’s reputation in St. Louis is not very good right now. He has lost some trust. but he still has plenty of time to redeem himself. He has a lot of catching up to do and a lot of work to do to keep his job, because if he’s not careful, getting the starting role will be the least of his worries as he may just be fighting to keep his job. Pead will still get his opportunities, but right now it doesn’t look good for him. Pead may just officially be the first “bust” of the Snead and Fisher era.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I don't think he's in trouble.

But at some point; dude needs to play like a high draft pick. It's on him to change the lack of confidence building among fans.

RamsFanCK

HAIL ME
It's his head man, aside from the fumble and the indecisive kickoff return (which I don't completely blame him for) he wasn't too shabby. In fact he looked pretty good in pass pro.

iced

lol he's actually been the best in pass Protection - heard it through camp, saw why in the pre-season game.

I wasn't as impressed with the other backs besides Pead, Cunningham, and Drich.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
I was really P.O.'d at Pead for the fumble, especially on an early-game drive that looked like it was destined for a score. But after watching the game again last night I thought his overall performance was fine and look forward to see how the rest of his preseason pans-out.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Dude just needs to break a couple of long ones to get his confidence up.
He gets more and more jacked when he gets in a rhythm.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
X said:

Correct, but he needs to stop putting the ball on the ground. Same thing happen last year in the first pre-season game plus Pead has proven early on, he does not handle adversity relatively well.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

i'm pretty sure the rams will take 6 yards a pop every day of the week.

but if he fumbles again in preseason the heat will start rising.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
den-the-coach said:
X said:

Correct, but he needs to stop putting the ball on the ground. Same thing happen last year in the first pre-season game plus Pead has proven early on, he does not handle adversity relatively well.

he handled pretty well in the game. a tough 5 yard inside run then an explosive 10 yard scamper. couldn't of handled it any better.

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
Fumbles seem to be a recurring problem for Pead. I'm not very optimistic about him ever doing much for the Rams. He's basically been out played by every RB the Rams have had on the roster the last 2 years.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
kurtfaulk said:
he handled pretty well in the game. a tough 5 yard inside run then an explosive 10 yard scamper. couldn't of handled it any better.

True and I was impressed that Fisher went right back to him, however, let's hope with an increased work load the fumble does not become habitual.

iced

den-the-coach said:
bluecoconuts said:
No, he's our best pass protection guy, he's safe.

No he's not, Stacy is!

Lol no it's easily Pead.

Just rewatched Stacy's snaps: I saw one whiff on a chip and a play where he definitely should have helped the LT out, allowed a good hit on davis.

Also didn't see him overpower anyone in such a manner that pead did lol..

Stacy is better than Drich in Pass pro though

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
albefree69 said:
http://ramblinfan.com/2013/08/09/is-isaiah-pead-in-trouble/
The Rams lost their first preseason game to the Browns 27-19 and if it is one thing that was blatantly obvious it was that Daryl Richardson has separated himself from the pack in the running back competition. Zac Stacy and Benny Cunningham also had respectable games.

The one running back that did not have a good game however was the one everyone was hoping would, Isaiah Pead. This leads us to the question, is Isaiah Pead in trouble and is he fighting for a spot on the roster?

Isaiah Pead didn’t have the best start to Thursday’s game to say the least. On the Rams’ first offensive drive, Bradford had lead the Rams just outside the red zone only to have Pead fumble and the Browns recover. Pead did end up having three carries for 18 yards, but still fumbling on the first drive is not really the best way to make a good impression in the running back competition. Pead not only made a negative impact running the football, but he made absolutely no impact catching out of the backfield where it is said he could make his biggest impact.

What makes the situation even worse for Pead is that Zac Stacy had a good night with seven carries for 23 yards along with two receptions that went for 13 yards.Benny Cunningham also surprised many by coming out of nowhere having five carries for 20 yards.

Cunningham and Stacy are two rookies that showed some good things to the coaches in their debut while Pead is in his second year and struggling. If Pead isn’t careful these two rookies could very well pass him on the depth chart and cost him his spot on the roster.

The Rams took Pead in the second round in last year’s draft in hopes that he would be the become the replacement for Steven Jackson, which right now isn’t working out so well. The Rams had good reason to draft Pead as he rushed for over 1,000 yards in last two seasons at Cincinnati and had respectable numbers catching out of the backfield. Pead had playmaking ability, but due to Cincinnati ’s academic calendar, Pead was forced to miss part of mini-camp and never really caught up, Richardson snuck ahead and never looked back.

In the few opportunities that Pead did get last season had one fumble and that is on limited touches. Not to mention this season Pead is already suspended week one of the regular season and had another fumble. Pead has player study issues, ball security issues, and off the field issues. If Pead doesn’t clean up his act quick he might as well put his name next to Mardy Gilyard’s as Cincinnati draft busts to come through St. Louis. Pead is honestly more trouble than he is worth right now and he is lucky he was a second round pick last year, because if he wasn’t, the Rams would probably cut him, heck Fisher might still cut him.

Isaiah Pead’s reputation in St. Louis is not very good right now. He has lost some trust. but he still has plenty of time to redeem himself. He has a lot of catching up to do and a lot of work to do to keep his job, because if he’s not careful, getting the starting role will be the least of his worries as he may just be fighting to keep his job. Pead will still get his opportunities, but right now it doesn’t look good for him. Pead may just officially be the first “bust” of the Snead and Fisher era.

seriously, what a biased, agenda driven article. i wasted 60 seconds of my life reading it.

no slam on you albe, just the propagandist who wrote this shit.

Zombie Slayer

You are entitled to nothing.
Name
Dave
I don't think he's in trouble yet. If by the end of this season he hasn't improved much then that's when his status will start to be questioned. Since he was a second round pick last year I would think that he is safe through this year at the very least.

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
kurtfaulk disliking the biased article:
seriously, what a biased, agenda driven article. i wasted 60 seconds of my life reading it.

no slam on you albe, just the propagandist who wrote this shyte.

No problem bud. :bg:

I almost never read the articles before I post them. It takes me too long to read them. What I might think is crap others might think is gold. You can tell if I read it by looking to see if I made a comment or not. I always make comments if I'm the first to read something. If you don't see a comment by me on a thread it usually means I have nothing new to add.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
iced said:
den-the-coach said:
bluecoconuts said:
No, he's our best pass protection guy, he's safe.

No he's not, Stacy is!

Lol no it's easily Pead.

Just rewatched Stacy's snaps: I saw one whiff on a chip and a play where he definitely should have helped the LT out, allowed a good hit on davis.

Also didn't see him overpower anyone in such a manner that pead did lol..

Stacy is better than Drich in Pass pro though
Co-sign.

How come nobody is blaming Dahl for missing a backside block, allowing a 340 pounder to get to top speed to kill Pead on that play, and Pead, who could have bounced it, but probably didn't because of his critics saying he's indecisive all the time. He was anything but indecisive this whole game. He slammed it in there.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I am being totally honest; we want Pead to succeed to the point people are making excuses for him.

I still think he could pan out.. . But, the burden of proof is on Pead.

He's not shown anything close to his draft position. Fact.

I am rooting for him: but a spade is a spade.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
CGI_Ram said:
I am being totally honest; we want Pead to succeed to the point people are making excuses for him.

I still think he could pan out.. . But, the burden of proof is on Pead.

He's not shown anything close to his draft position. Fact.

I am rooting for him: but a spade is a spade.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
Excuses?