Is Goff, Elite?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TexasRam

Legend
Lol you pretty much said exactly what I want to say every time I see someone trying to find a way to discredit Goff. The numbers, eye test, and team success should make anyone trying to argue that he’s just average feel dumb. He’s clearly been a top 10 qb the last 2 seasons. I’m not even sure how you can argue otherwise.

You are right. To not claim Goff is top 10 is just laughable and doesn't stack up by any verifiable measurable stats.

To summarize Goff's 2 year crunched stats, via Jrry:

#1 in Team Record
#2 in Offense
#5 in QB stats

Goff's QB stats at #5 are highly deflated by our Goaline running game which sucks more TD's than any other team, between Gurley and the jet sweeps. If you are a Ram fan that plays close attention you understand this. If Mcvay chose to throw the ball around the Goaline more Goff's QB rating would skyrocket and Goff would easily be #3 in QB stats. This doesn't even touch on the 6 games in which The first team offense blew out a team and sat down in the 4th Quarter.

Stats are funny. If you don't understand the impacting variables and context you can miss the bigger picture. The Bigger picture is offensive production #2 and Team Record #1.

Drew Brees aside, the ONLY QB's that can make a claim to have achieved the bigger picture better this year than Goff are Patrick Mahomes and Phillip Rivers and Jared Goff BEAT BOTH QB's this year and out preformed them in crunch time, under pressure.

Goff is the # 2 QB in the NFL this year behind only Drew Brees, when we look at the important stats (Offensive Production and Team Wins).

Oh and by the way, Goff has zero offensive lineman or WR's going to the Pro Bowl.

Brees and Mahomes each have 3 or more offensive lineman/WR's going to the Pro Bowl or achieving All Pro Status.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
Gaaah, so now the “ cat’s” outta the bag?

Uh boy

However, nicely done Jered :mrburnsevil:

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
https://fivethirtyeight.com/feature...r-than-joe-montana-so-lets-fix-passer-rating/

While were disputing eliteness, I found this article interesting. Didnt want to start a new thread so I thought this was the best spot.

Did the writer of that article get upset that Steve Young wasn't number 1 anymore?

"Oh no! Someone will think Steve Young isn't the bestest. Must change passer rating immediately! Where's my replica Steve Young dildo? (Gagging noises)" ~ridiculous sports media person

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Another huge opportunity for him to write that "elite QB playoff resume" right now. Let's go Jared, keep things settled, make plays, and go get that W.

Name
Victor
like I said , not ELITE .

I knew the fact that he is one of worst qbs in the league when under pressure ( according to PFF ) would come back to bite us . Sometimes the protection is just not there . Pressure was huge just like the chicago game and look what happened.

O line didn't help but the ELITE , the GREAT QBS must be able to perform well or at least average , EVEN under pressure .

ONe-two more seasons for him to improve on that or else the rams could be looking for a QB .

This loss is not on mcvay , not on our defense . This loss is on the SHOULDERS of our O LINE and GOFF .

Last edited:

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
like I said , not ELITE .

I knew the fact that he is one of worst qbs in the league when under pressure ( according to PFF ) would come back to bite us . Sometimes the protection is just not there . Pressure was huge just like the chicago game and look what happened.

O line didn't help but the ELITE , the GREAT QBS must be able to perform well or at least average , EVEN under pressure .

ONe-two more seasons for him to improve on that or else the rams could be looking for a QB .

This loss is not on mcvay , not on our defense . This loss is on the SHOULDERS of our O LINE and GOFF .

Jesus, you waited until the Super Bowl loss to post that drivel? Where were you during the Saints game?

He's twenty-four. Twenty-four. He's still improving his game, and he's definitely an elite quarterback.

And you want to find a new quarterback already? That's very fickle of you, isn't it?

Name
Victor
Jesus, you waited until the Super Bowl loss to post that drivel? Where were you during the Saints game?

He's twenty-four. Twenty-four. He's still improving his game, and he's definitely an elite quarterback.

And you want to find a new quarterback already? That's very fickle of you, isn't it?

mahomes is 23 , first season as starter and put 30 points and 3 tds on the pats 2 weeks ago . your point ?

I do agree he did well agains the saints. BUt the O LINE was able to protect him for MOST of that game ....not the case today .

Status
Not open for further replies.