Is Goff, Elite?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spider2YB

Pro Bowler
He played like hell tonight but McVay and the offensive line didn’t do him any favors.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
mahomes is 23 , first season as starter and put 30 points and 3 tds on the pats 2 weeks ago . your point ?

I do agree he did well agains the saints. BUt the O LINE was able to protect him for MOST of that game ....not the case today .

My point is that you are being WAY too unrealistic when it comes to young quarterbacks. Mahomes, like you said, is in his first year of being a starter. He has less than twenty games of tape in two seasons. We'll see how he does next year.

And that's the case for any quarterback who was under duress like Goff was. Mahomes, Brady, Rivers, all of them have one thing in common: they suck under pressure coming from a defense.

I'm not saying Goff is without fault, but the fact that you want to replace him after a bad Super Bowl makes me think that you're being extremely short-sighted.

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
mahomes is 23 , first season as starter and put 30 points and 3 tds on the pats 2 weeks ago . your point ?

I do agree he did well agains the saints. BUt the O LINE was able to protect him for MOST of that game ....not the case today .

Mahomes was in that drizzle Pro Bowl game, right? I'm pretty sure we all saw #12 tonight enjoy a sixth Super Bowl win. Let me know when Mahomes faces Goff , please.

Giles

Pro Bowler
Name
Giles
like I said , not ELITE .

I knew the fact that he is one of worst qbs in the league when under pressure ( according to PFF ) would come back to bite us . Sometimes the protection is just not there . Pressure was huge just like the chicago game and look what happened.

O line didn't help but the ELITE , the GREAT QBS must be able to perform well or at least average , EVEN under pressure .

ONe-two more seasons for him to improve on that or else the rams could be looking for a QB .

This loss is not on mcvay , not on our defense . This loss is on the SHOULDERS of our O LINE and GOFF .
Dude this post is pathetic.
The fact you had to wait until after a sb loss to say "I told you so" tells me goff is elite.
3rd year in the league
2 division titles
2 pro bowls
1 sb appearance.
Yea I'll take that.

…..

Legend
This entire thread has been nothing but a trolls nest since it began months ago.

It’s really a shame we have to endure this crap.

Bringing this thing back to the front after a SB loss is poor form.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
Yeah, Brasil is just a troll, we should all try to ignore him. He’s gotten 34 “chills, different opinions, and inappropriates” in only 96 posts. Moderators already threatened to ban him, surprised it hasn’t happened already.

TexasRam

Legend
Mods,

Honest question. Why do we allow a negative piece of crap in here like Brazil who bashes our QB MINUTES after our Super Bowl loss? There are plenty of posters in here who give an honest review of Goff in here and we can and do discuss the validity of those arguments in here. But this dude needs to be banned, or rather exterminated from spreading his negative venom in here. Goff faced massive pressure all game and the most proven successful defensive mastermind head coach of all time, has two game winning TD's perfectly thrown dropped and yet Goff is again attacked. This is BS!

Last edited:

GBRam15

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
GBRam15
Let him do his bashing Honeslty, it hasnt worked out for the haeters

GBRam15

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
GBRam15
Who the eff is brazil rooting for, Brady??? that dude probably stoked his DNA rifle like twelve time these past 2 years. don't worrry that wierdo.

TexasRam

Legend

I knew the fact that he is one of worst qbs in the league when under pressure ( according to PFF ) would come back to bite us . Sometimes the protection is just not there . Pressure was huge just like the chicago game and look what happened.

O line didn't help but the ELITE , the GREAT QBS must be able to perform well or at least average , EVEN under pressure .

ONe-two more seasons for him to improve on that or else the rams could be looking for a QB .

This loss is not on mcvay , not on our defense . This loss is on the SHOULDERS of our O LINE and GOFF .

Goff leads his team on the Road vs the worst crowd noise in history vs first ballot hall of famer Brees and beats him.

Goff puts his team in the Super Bowl after leading the #1 offense over the last two years.

Goff throws a perfect pass to BEAT the GOAT in the Super Bowl and his WR drops the pass.

Get lost, your attacks on Goff are Bullcrap. There is not one Analyst anywhere that you could find that would suggest the Rams should look for a new QB.

Go find a new team to root for while you are at it because you are the worst Ram fan All of us here have come across.

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
Who cares if he is elite. He's who we have. And he's pretty darn solid, so we might as well support him. This loss is far more on McVay and the o-line than Goff, although Jared did need to play better. Then again, he's in his early 20s in his first super bowl vs. the Patriots. So the outcome is not to be complete unexpected.

Brady and Brees don't have much time left. So who would you rather have? Other than Rodgers and/or Mahomes, I can't think of anyone else you could argue for. Maybe Mayfield? EDIT - Andrew Luck.

GhostTide

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Goff isn't elite yet. He could get there. I hope he gets there. But that doesn't mean anything as far as Super Bowls. Some guy named Marino was pretty elite. Jim Kelly wasn't bad and made 4 Super Bowls. Neither QB ever won it. Goff is 0-1 now. Hope he can get rid of that 0 at some point, but no guarantees we'll make it back any time soon.

JackKirbyFan

Rookie
I agree. Goff is a great QB --one of the best in today's NFL. Getting to a Super Bowl is very difficult and he achieved that in only his 2nd year with our new HC. Can't ask for more. And his counterpart didn't play a great game at all. All you Goff haters, create your own boards and see how many join.

TexasRam

Legend
I wasn't aware of a report box because I never in my 18 years of posting on internet boards felt the need to use one. Thanks for the headsup, ill be sure to utilize it.

GBRam15

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
GBRam15
Who the eff is brazil rooting for, Brady??? that dude probably stoked his DNA rifle like twelve time these past 2 years. don't worrry that wierdo.
Sorry brazilcalif, but you're a strange dude. That tape don't lie.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
The mods are not gonna ban me
tenor.gif

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame

Troll ^

Status
Not open for further replies.