Is Cooper Kupp the fave for OROY???

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
You see this kid. He goes 6 for 70 and a TD.

I can see that becoming a regular thing even as Watkins opens up things further. This dude is beyond being a rookie.

I'm now feeling pretty good about that bet (what was it again? 70 catches 800 yards? something like that?)

Anyway, I haven't been this excited about a rookie since AD.

Seriously.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
Kupp has to be in the running, although its a bit unfair to the rest of the rookies, cause Kupp doesnt play like a rookie.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I mean when was the last time we saw a WR come to the league and look this polished?

Julio Jones? Not even kidding. His start looks significantly better than young guys like Amari Cooper.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I doubt it. It'll likely be a HB or QB. But Kupp will contribute to this team and be a valuable role player.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You may be right,but I'm not gonna call him a role player.
Looks to possibly be more than that.

I don't mean it in a negative way. I mean that we're going to use him out of the slot to move the chains and drive defenses crazy on third down.

I think everyone here knows how much I like Kupp.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I'm not sure that he'll get enough catches to win that popularity contest.
We're yet to see Watkins, Woods, or the TEs fully integrated into the game plan yet.

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
I don't want them to notice. Let him be our little secret.....:hiding::baghead:

MadGoat

Mathematically alive
No matter how well he does, I don't think a volume WR will even get real consideration. If no QBs get enough playing time to take it, I think it will be one of McCaffery, Cook, Fournette, or Mixon. McCaffery looks dynamic with the ball so far and he comes with the college/media approved pedigree.

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
In Kupp We Trust :yess::yess::yess:

ON.7CC6334F07D0E1A3E3430AABEDAE272E.jpg

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
No matter how well he does, I don't think a volume WR will even get real consideration. If no QBs get enough playing time to take it, I think it will be one of McCaffery, Cook, Fournette, or Mixon. McCaffery looks dynamic with the ball so far and he comes with the college/media approved pedigree.

That's the biggest problem. Cook and Fournette are likely to get a lot of run this year. Either could break 1000 yards. McCaffery is going to get a lot of all purpose touches. It's going to be tough to edge out all three.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm not sure that he'll get enough catches to win that popularity contest.
We're yet to see Watkins, Woods, or the TEs fully integrated into the game plan yet.
I WAS saying Jared Goff
4500 yards passing, 25 TD's, 12 INTS.....that shyte just got bumped up!:rockon:

Zero

Pro Bowler
I don't mean it in a negative way. I mean that we're going to use him out of the slot to move the chains and drive defenses crazy on third down.

I think everyone here knows how much I like Kupp.
.Wasn't doubting you liked Kupp.I mean your statement was legitimate.
especially with Watkins pressence.What your guess stat-wise?
his targets will drop a bit.we have more competition for the ball now so.I'm
going 65 for 800 7td's

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
.Wasn't doubting you liked Kupp.I mean your statement was legitimate.
especially with Watkins pressence.What your guess stat-wise?
his targets will drop a bit.we have more competition for the ball now so.I'm
going 65 for 800 7td's

I don't even know. I don't want to sell the kid short. He was such a production machine in college. If everything goes right (our key players stay healthy and the offense looks good), I could see him doing more than even our optimistic expectations.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I watched the Vegas feed with Matt Millen in the ANALyst role. The entire game Matt was trying to explain what Kupp was doing, how the DB was getting his position wrong and whatnot and I just had to laugh because it was always what the Raiders were allowing of course. Just felt so good to sit back and know that what was happening was we now have a smart offense from the top down.

Kupp would look good as a rook in any offense given how polished and professional he is. But he's under a guy in McVay who is going to set him up through scheme and playing the defense in such a way that he can have even more impact. Those two guys are a match made in heaven for this offense.

I agree with @Mackeyser that Kupp's a definite favorite for ROY. He's going to be that guy who gets his catches every game no matter what you do on defense. Teams on good days will contain him basically. And on bad days he's going to get those plus a deep one or two.

Picked4td

Pro Bowler

I usually dont like season long bets cuz I hate tying up money that long, but at that payout, hard to pass up. Didnt even realize the odds were that crazy til your post so if I win ill be sure to throw some your way.

Zero

Pro Bowler
I don't even know. I don't want to sell the kid short. He was such a production machine in college. If everything goes right (our key players stay healthy and the offense looks good), I could see him doing more than even our optimistic expectations.
"we have more competition for the ball "
Did I really just say that?lol