I'm sorta bummed we aren't the team getting Richardson

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

FRO

Legend
I have no clue if the Rams were contacted about the trade. I have no clue if they would be interested. If I were GM I would have traded our second first round pick for him in a heartbeat. The kid is only 22 and extremely talented. He rushed for 950 yards and 11 TDs as a rookie while being banged up all year. He would have been a great get for us. That being said who knows if we were aware of his availability. Great get by the Colts. They needed this after their first 2 games were disappointing.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I guess we'll see how TR does in Indy. He's a good player.

But put me in the camp of those who DO NOT like 1st round picks on running backs. I wouldn't have made the deal you proposed. But that's just me.

FRO

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
CGI_Ram said:

But put me in the camp of those who DO NOT like 1st round picks on running backs. I wouldn't have made the deal you proposed. But that's just me.
Even if the guy has the talent to be an Adrian Peterson type?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
FRO said:
I have no clue if the Rams were contacted about the trade. I have no clue if they would be interested. If I were GM I would have traded our second first round pick for him in a heartbeat. The kid is only 22 and extremely talented. He rushed for 950 yards and 11 TDs as a rookie while being banged up all year. He would have been a great get for us. That being said who knows if we were aware of his availability. Great get by the Colts. They needed this after their first 2 games were disappointing.
That's the first thing I thought too. Hell, I wanted the Rams to draft him originally.

But yeah, maybe they weren't informed of his availability. You know, maybe the Colts engineered the trade or something. I dunno. Or perhaps the Rams aren't interested in investing their first rounder (can't deal the Redskins') on a RB who gets banged up. No idea, but yeah. Part of me would have liked to see the Rams broker that deal.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
FRO said:
CGI_Ram said:

If he was AP, sure. But not based on what we know.

Lesson

Oh, really?
CGI_Ram said:
FRO said:
CGI_Ram said:

Exactly. He had a pretty good OL, IMO, in Cleveland. Going to be interesting to see how he performs in Indy.

I still like the trade for the Colts, but I don't think he is a Peterson-like RB.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
FRO said:

He's nowhere as fast as AP. His ceiling is SJ39 with a few more TDs, and that's on a good day.

FRO

Legend
I think we are in need of a RB. Richardson is a extremely talented back who has the talent to be the best in the league. We have 2 first round picks, if the situation presented itself I would pull the trigger on the trade.

FRO

Legend
HE WITH HORNS said:
FRO said:

He's nowhere as fast as AP. His ceiling is SJ39 with a few more TDs, and that's on a good day.
You wouldn't trade. First rounder for a SJax that scored more TDs and is only 22?

smram

Rookie
Name
Steve
Lesson said:
CGI_Ram said:
FRO said:
CGI_Ram said:

Exactly. He had a pretty good OL, IMO, in Cleveland. Going to be interesting to see how he performs in Indy.

I still like the trade for the Colts, but I don't think he is a Peterson-like RB.

I'm sure he won't be getting the 8-9 man boxes like in Cleveland. No Defense is afraid of Weeden, every defense is going to respect Luck. Not a bad move for him IMO.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
3.5 per tote and injury issues going back to high school and knee issues from college.

No thanks to that and good luck Indy!

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
I am very bummed.

To put it in perspective:

Steven Jackson's last two years with the Rams: 10 TD's (combined both years rushing and receiving)

Trent Richardson's rookie year: 11 TD's (rushing) + 1 TD (rec)

His average is so bad because they have nothing outside of him.

Imagine a team like the Rams where the D has to respect the speed of our receivers.

Nothing against DRich, but he just can not break tackles like TRich.

Actually, imagine that two headed beast...

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
I like the RBs we have now. What we need is more imaginative running plays and better blocking.

iced

I'll pass.

I'd actually prefer to see what we have in Pead and Richardson... just gotta be patient, and I think we'll see more of Pead this weekend

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I agree for a 1st round pick having 2 of them the Rams could've used one for Trent and another on an OT, safety, CB, what have you.

He had over 950 yards, 9 TDs and that was w/ broken ribs. Meanwhile the Rams' 2nd round RB gets suspended a game and barely gets playing time.

I think it more bums me out b/c on this day the Rams got...Max Starks?? :yawn:

V3

Hall of Fame
FRO said:
HE WITH HORNS said:
FRO said:

You wouldn't trade. First rounder for a SJax that scored more TDs and is only 22?

Not for someone that seems to always be dinged up. Also, I honestly don't think he'll have a career anywhere near as good as SJ's.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
What? Richardson is still on the team, silly. :tooth:

I would give up a second, not a first. I'm also in the "get RB's later" camp unless it's obvious they're freaks like AP. I woulda given a second rounder, not a first.

I still wanna see what we have in Pead, too. We just got our top 4 RB's less than 2 full seasons ago. We gotta build what we have, not time to cut losses.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Me too. I really wanted Richardson in 2012. IMO, the best has yet to come.

jjab360

Legend
I'm surprised nobody else brought it up in this thread, but unless the Dahl restructure gave us enough space, I'm pretty sure we don't have the cap room right now.

nighttrain

Legend
iced said:
I'll pass.

I'd actually prefer to see what we have in Pead and Richardson... just gotta be patient, and I think we'll see more of Pead this weekend
Same here, Richardson probably cap unfriendly and injury issues...
train