I'm really struggling to see a passing O solution for the Rams...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I'm content with it. Could have been better. Pretty average overall. But there are some names I like. Hunter Henry and Austin Hooper are two guys that I'm high on right now. We'll see if that changes as more games become available.
Those are my two favorites right now. Haven't really evaluated, just from seeing them play. Watched Hooper a lot, he's a weapon. Butt has a chance too, to be a complete guy.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Those are my two favorites right now. Haven't really evaluated, just from seeing them play. Watched Hooper a lot, he's a weapon. Butt has a chance too, to be a complete guy.

Unfortunately, Butt decided not to declare. That's one hell of a name for a tight end.

Ram Man

Rookie
Cap numbers are not bullshit numbers to teams. They must plan their current and future rosters within the framework of the salary cap.
Cap numbers are not bullshit numbers to players. They get signed/restructured/cut and generally valued based upon their performance relative to their cap numbers.

The fact that cap numbers can be changed and manipulated within the framework of the NFL rules doesn't make them "bullshit." If there was no salary cap, none of this would matter in evaluating a player or his contract. Until that day comes cap numbers are important. Players' cap numbers are important considerations in evaluating players and their contracts relative to others; especially relative to others at the same position. In that context Kendricks' combination of performance, cap number and contract are bad when compared to other TE's.

If the Rams don't immediately cut Kendricks within a few days after the 2016 league year starts, then his $3,250,000 salary for 2016 becomes guaranteed. The Rams may be OK with this. They may not be and cut him if they feel like taking the $1,250,000 cap hit. We'll know what the Rams do by mid-March. One thing is certain, TE's of Kendricks caliber on other teams take up much less of their teams cap space.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I don't understand why Kendricks name keeps coming up as a cap problem. He was signed to do what he is doing, namely a lot of blocking and occasional pass catching. The Rams summarized it when they signed him, that he was important to what they wanted to do. I would be shocked if they're anything but happy with him.

Cook is the problem. The dude is a pass-centric TE that can't do what he's supposed to do consistently.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member

By cap problem I mean the motherFer is not worth what he is paid. Kendricks is appropriately paid given what he does for the offense, he does good things in the run game and can actually catch the ball periodically so I have no probs paying him his salary moving forward.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Kendrick's situation here frustrates me. We spent big money on him last season with his extension, yet I barely saw anything thrown to him this season. He dropped a few early on in the season, and then they stopped throwing to him it seemed. Then last week he was targeted a bunch and caught pretty much everything. Hard to judge where a player is if they abandon him for more than half the season.
He had a broken thumb

Lance Kendricks is recovering from thumb surgery, and is questionable for Week 7.

According to coach Jeff Fisher, Kendricks has been playing hurt since Week 1. That could explain some of Kendricks' costly drops. He should be considered week to week, and will likely be back by Week 8.

fancents86

Starter
He had a broken thumb

Lance Kendricks is recovering from thumb surgery, and is questionable for Week 7.

According to coach Jeff Fisher, Kendricks has been playing hurt since Week 1. That could explain some of Kendricks' costly drops. He should be considered week to week, and will likely be back by Week 8.
How dare you forget to put quotations and make me think we went back in time and football is still on!!!!