I'm glad Bradford went down...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

AZRamsFan93

well, that is the key isn't it? But, what is his incentive? And renegotiate never means paycut. Not in the NFL anyway.It means a different vehicle that payment is made.It might also mean that you will never see the money you renegotiated into. ie Scott Wells. Don't worry though. Bradford will be paid.
Sam's contract was structured as $78M over 6 years, but the key was $50M guaranteed. That $50M was made up of his 2010-2013 base salaries plus his signing bonus paid at $3.595M per year over 5 years (2011-2015).

Sam's base salary next year of $12.985M is not guaranteed. That is why his cap dead money next year is only his prorated signing bonus of $3.595M. If we were to cut him today, the Rams would only have to pay him the remainder of his prorated signing bonus of $7.19M, thus reducing our cap hit by $10M this year - and $13M next year.

reggae

Semantics, I believe that it is called "waived/injured". They just did it to Pead.
Even if they offered him an injury settlement. That would be his full salary this season plus his signing bonus for next year minimum. He's getting paid.

AZRamsFan93

Even if they offered him an injury settlement. That would be his full salary this season plus his signing bonus for next year minimum. He's getting paid.
OK, I didn't know you were a football contracts expert. Is this what they are required to pay via the CBA?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
OK, I didn't know you were a football contracts expert. Is this what they are required to pay via the CBA?
The CBA has a cap set, but it's only applicable if there's no language in the contract about injury.
And since nobody here knows what that contract says...