I'm glad Bradford went down...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamzFanz

Damnit
...when he did.

If he had to go down, this was the best time for everyone.

BRADFORD:

Gets time to heal and possibly start somewhere or at least get a shot to compete for a QB spot next season. If it had happened much later he would probably be screwed for 2015.

RAMS:

They can move him to a play-for-pay contract and keep him in their back pocket or cut him and save some serious dough that they desperately need. They are forced to move on in the next free agency and/or draft. It's better to know he's not the guy then hope he is.

They have built the trenches and skill players and that is the BEST time to insert the QB of the future be it vet or rookie aka Seahawks.

They have built a team that can win without a star QB. Maybe even win a lot.

FANS:

I was on pins and needles when he was in the game. I hated being worried every down that our season was one hit from being lost again. Every time you feel like things are turning around, he goes down. Now that he's gone, I don't see it as a season killer. I've faced Rams without Bradford as a reality, and it's not the doom and gloom I thought I would feel.

I'm a HUGE Bradford fan when it comes to talent. But reality is what it is.

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
...when he did.

If he had to go down, this was the best time for everyone.

BRADFORD:

Gets time to heal and possibly start somewhere or at least get a shot to compete for a QB spot next season. If it had happened much later he would probably be screwed for 2015.

RAMS:

They can move him to a play-for-pay contract and keep him in their back pocket or cut him and save some serious dough that they desperately need. They are forced to move on in the next free agency and/or draft. It's better to know he's not the guy then hope he is.

They have built the trenches and skill players and that is the BEST time to insert the QB of the future be it vet or rookie aka Seahawks.

They have built a team that can win without a star QB. Maybe even win a lot.

FANS:

I was on pins and needles when he was in the game. I hated being worried every down that our season was one hit from being lost again. Every time you feel like things are turning around, he goes down. Now that he's gone, I don't see it as a season killer. I've faced Rams without Bradford as a reality, and it's not the doom and gloom I thought I would feel.

I'm a HUGE Bradford fan when it comes to talent. But reality is what it is.
Can't throw in the towel on a full season by losing one player, I have a feeling this injury is gonna give our defense a fire knowing they might have to carry the offense to postseason contention.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
I'm just afraid Quick and Britt won't be as productive. Bradford had such a huge arm and could throw lasers. I think Bailey has an enourmous year now.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
You and your thread titles.

413.gif

the zohan

Rookie
Name
Macker
The way I'm looking at the Bradford situation is a continuation off loss from last year. I refuse to go into a what if mindset or a coulda woulda shoulda mode. By wondering what if you are selling this team out. The Rams will win with Hill at QB.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
You almost had me, I was about ready to wring your neck...

In fact I still might. ;)

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
I'm devoting my even to drinking because he went down.

In memory of Sammy "Golden Boy" Bradford... Cheers :(

I see your point, though.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Can't throw in the towel on a full season by losing one player, I have a feeling this injury is gonna give our defense a fire knowing they might have to carry the offense to postseason contention.

The Rams are built to win as a team. Strong D keeps the score down. Offensive weapons are good enough to be useful with an average QB. Oline, if healthy can stand against anyone. Running game can carry the offense. The QB needs to manage the game and not throw INTs. He needs to be competent, not a superhero.

The Rams are very close to all of this. Injuries and youth are their biggest enemies.

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher
I was the same way. Every time he went back for a pass I was nervous. I would've been this whole damn year. You have to wonder about the integrity of the actual surgery. I know Dr. James Andrews is the king of orthopedic surgeons, but to get an ACL tear on a little love tap like that... makes ya wonder.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I was the same way. Every time he went back for a pass I was nervous. I would've been this whole damn year. You have to wonder about the integrity of the actual surgery. I know Dr. James Andrews is the king of orthopedic surgeons, but to get an ACL tear on a little love tap like that... makes ya wonder.

One article on here stated that it really takes at least 12 months for it to heal properly. They say it is easy to re tear the Ligament if there is not enough healing time. So maybe it would have been wise to just hold him out until the second half of the season. Hindsight is 20/20. But maybe it would have left you less nervous. It would have me.

RamWoodie

Legend
It's happened...and the Rams have to focus on the season. Anything right now is speculative PERIOD! I feel bad for Sam.

Let the surgeons get in there and see how bad it was.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
Yep, as soon as they signed Hill they should have put Sam on the shelf for the first half. Especially with our Oline still under construction!
And aren't you scared for Long now too?