I'm fine with losing last 2 for better Draft Pick

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
I couldn't care less about the next 2 games, just like I haven't cared too much about the last 3, yeah it's been nice having back to back shut outs, and yes it's sucked having an O which can only put up 2 FGs in year 3 of a coaching staff, but realistically it all means next to nothing in regards to this year, our season was over the moment Hill threw that pick against San Diego. So win the next 2, lose the next 2, whatever.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
How many spots up the draft order would we jump being 6-10 instead of 8-8?

You don't think it would effect Fishers job security ? You want to give the anti Fisher contingency ,who lets face it started the day he was hired and has grown every year when expectations have not been met , more ammunition ? NAH we hear this every year about someone be it us or another team and FWIW breaking the momentum of a losing culture is far more important than a few slots higher in the draft,this isn't fantasy football playing for draft choices is.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
Whatever draft slot they end up with is what it is...I could never be OK with a loss for any reason...I pull hard for a win each and every time they step onto the field...I've been that way for over 50 years, so I couldn't change now even if I wanted to...It's not my nature...

Alan

Legend
Playing to not have a losing season means nothing to me. 6-10, 7-9 or 8-8? I see no difference other than the description because we didn't make the playoffs. I don't believe in moral victories either. But, while I don't care if we finish 8-8 or not I do care about beating the Shehags. Short of making the playoffs, I'll be fine if we can beat them in their house.

Alan

Legend
Thanks for looking that up @flv . Big difference between 9th and 16th in the first round though. HUGE difference if trying to trade up. Still not interested in losing to get up to 9th though.

BEAT THE SHEHAGS!!!!!!!!!:banana: :wabbit::lifting::shooting::popcorn:

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
The way I look at it; you play to win. That's how I'll root for the team every week.

The draft position is what it is.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
Play to win. We've been drafting high for years and we still are no better. Winning is more about teamwork and mentality than draft day spot. Go into the offseason winners, not with our tail between out legs.

You don't think it would effect Fishers job security ? You want to give the anti Fisher contingency ,who lets face it started the day he was hired and has grown every year when expectations have not been met , more ammunition ? NAH we hear this every year about someone be it us or another team and FWIW breaking the momentum of a losing culture is far more important than a few slots higher in the draft,this isn't fantasy football playing for draft choices is.

3 seasons without a winning record and a top 20 O is 3 seasons without a wining record and top 20 O. Our record in 2 meaningless games aren't going to change people's opinions on that, some will be perfectly happy with that, some will see it as a failure.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
3 seasons without a winning record and a top 20 O is 3 seasons without a wining record and top 20 O. Our record in 2 meaningless games aren't going to change people's opinions on that, some will be perfectly happy with that, some will see it as a failure.

An 8-8 season will make a difference. Not a huge one but it will make a difference.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Maybe, it won't make an ounce of difference to me, but I can't speak for anyone else.

That's your choice but it would be undeniable progression. I can see the progression on the field but some take the stance that it doesn't matter unless it shows up in the stat sheet. Plus, it would feel good for us to have our first non-losing season since 2006 and end the season on a strong note beating the stupid Seacocks in their own house.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Bouncing back from a disappointing loss and making it to .500 are musts for this team. They need to learn to shrug off a painful loss and they need to end the season without a losing record.

I want growth and maturity. That will help more than a few draft spots.

That's your choice but it would be undeniable progression. I can see the progression on the field but some take the stance that it doesn't matter unless it shows up in the stat sheet. Plus, it would feel good for us to have our first non-losing season since 2006 and end the season on a strong note beating the stupid Seacocks in their own house.

I take it from past discussions and this one that you're a Fisher believer, if we lose our next two and undeniable regression would your opinion change?

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
NO!!! We can still, go 8-8 and have a non losing season, and go 3-3 in our Div., Beat the 'Hawks in their own nest!! THAT's worth playing for!! :D

Maybe, just maybe, get a shot at ending their season on their own field. *fingers crossed*

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
We will go out fighting, which is what I prefer.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
Nobody wants to continue a losing culture here. You use the draft to improve your record, not your record to improve your draft.